My GT350 is Finally Complete (for now)

mysta_sandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domenic
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Some tasty mods. I like the sub placement and head unit conversion.
Sponsored

Full0bs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Care to share more info on the charger port setup? What charger are you using?

OP
OP

Superdjd24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Looks good. I noticed the snake is the wrong version for this car in the android display though...
Haha... I didn't even notice. I made that background without access to a computer, so that was the only transparent PNG I could find online. When I have access to Photoshop I'll look for the correct one :).

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Haha... I didn't even notice. I made that background without access to a computer, so that was the only transparent PNG I could find online. When I have access to Photoshop I'll look for the correct one :).
Good deal. I have a thing about the using the "wrong snake". OCD they say lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Superdjd24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Care to share more info on the charger port setup? What charger are you using?
It's just a basic, standard $20 trickle charger from Amazon. I cut the wires from one side of the plug and extended the run directly to the battery with a 30-amp inline fuse. I then took a picture of the plug, scanned it into my 3D modeling program, and designed and 3D printed a honeycomb-shaped adapter base that fits inside the hole of the grill, and houses the trickle charger plug. I then also printed a cap for that base that covers the plug when I'm not using it.

Then I just used the other side of the plug from the charger as it came, and connect it to the base I printed whenever I want to charge it.

Here's a few more pics:

BrqEOGS.jpg

yIivQAE.jpg

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
Good deal. I have a thing about the using the "wrong snake". OCD they say lol.
"They" have used other words to describe you as well. Hope the Sunday lunch plans work out, will be good to see you and the family.

Full0bs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Great idea. I need to start looking into 3D printers.

It's just a basic, standard $20 trickle charger from Amazon. I cut the wires from one side of the plug and extended the run directly to the battery with a 30-amp inline fuse. I then took a picture of the plug, scanned it into my 3D modeling program, and designed and 3D printed a honeycomb-shaped adapter base that fits inside the hole of the grill, and houses the trickle charger plug. I then also printed a cap for that base that covers the plug when I'm not using it.

Then I just used the other side of the plug from the charger as it came, and connect it to the base I printed whenever I want to charge it.

Here's a few more pics:

BrqEOGS.jpg

yIivQAE.jpg

Concretevol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Interested in your transmission cooler set up and what pump you used since I am getting ready to do one on my 2015 gt350 tech pack

Sponsored

Concretevol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome man thanks! Sounds pretty close to what I was thinking and the plumbing details are very helpful as well. I was thinking about buying the FP version then realized the lines and fittings are not going to work without modification for my application and the FP cooler itself is like $200 more than the CX version for basically the brackets. lol

OP
OP

Superdjd24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Awesome man thanks! Sounds pretty close to what I was thinking and the plumbing details are very helpful as well. I was thinking about buying the FP version then realized the lines and fittings are not going to work without modification for my application and the FP cooler itself is like $200 more than the CX version for basically the brackets. lol
Yeah, it's really not too bad. I'd recommend just getting a few extra random straight and right-angle AN adapters. Once your're in there, you'll find easier ways to do everything, and having some extra adapter options makes that a bit easier.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Can you show the brake light you added? Is it a mini spoiler?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Superdjd24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Can you show the break light you added? Is it a mini spoiler?
Sure, here's a few more pics.

I just took my factory base spoiler, cut it, 3D-printed some end caps, then added an LED strip. Was intending for it to be on for just a few weeks, to cover the holes until I could get the deck lid re-painted. But oddly, I ended up kinda liking it, so haven't removed it yet.

WEqSdsA.jpg

8nthaxt.jpg

Nzf2y4K.jpg

0WcXq6b.jpg
Sponsored