Finally got MGW installed!

OP
OP
Siege

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
Well, for some of us ANY additional NVH is a deal-breaker, plus the stock shifter on my Bullitt is not bad at all (at least when driven sedately), so I wouldn't even consider one until I have the opportunity to drive a car with one, so I know what I might be missing (if anything) :).

What I'll do is replace the fluid at 6K miles, and still debating what to use. I'm between stock + the Motorcraft additive, or Motul DCT-F, with the latter winning at the moment. And same thing for the Torsen.
I switched to Motul DCT-F at 1k miles and recently switched to Amsoil DCT at 5k. Both felt the same and made a big difference over the factory fluid.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I switched to Motul DCT-F at 1k miles and recently switched to Amsoil DCT at 5k. Both felt the same and made a big difference over the factory fluid.
Excellent input; thank you very much. So you felt an improvement cold and hot? May I ask if you added the Motorcraft MT-82 additive to the Motul DCT-F? I'm probably going to go with that. Highly regarded by everyone. Have yet to read a negative review about it. Will probably use their 75/90 for the Torsen as well.

OP
OP
Siege

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
Excellent input; thank you very much. So you felt an improvement cold and hot? May I ask if you added the Motorcraft MT-82 additive to the Motul DCT-F? I'm probably going to go with that. Highly regarded by everyone. Have yet to read a negative review about it. Will probably use their 75/90 for the Torsen as well.
I just read about the additive the other day but I've never tried it with any of the different fluids.

Yeah both hot and cold were improved with the Motul and Amsoil and completely got rid of the slight nibble I would get with the OEM fluid.

I still get an occasional high-rpm grind going into third but I think it's user error. :)

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Did MGW ever fix their adjustable handle? I had one on my T56 Tremec in my 03 Cobra. Could never get the allen screw locked down tight enough and my knuckles would smash the radio buttons on hard 3rd gear shifts. POS...

OP
OP
Siege

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did MGW ever fix their adjustable handle? I had one on my T56 Tremec in my 03 Cobra. Could never get the allen screw locked down tight enough and my knuckles would smash the radio buttons on hard 3rd gear shifts. POS...
The ones made for the newer models don't have the adjustable handles like the earlier ones. I had an MGW on my 92 Notch and never had an issue with the clamped handle but I can see how it would happen.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
For whatever reason they never added the flatstick to their website for ordering. You have to call them to order one.

No NVH increase at all.
So is there an advantage to the flat stick design? Other than the fact it looks nice?

OP
OP
Siege

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
I've installed two MGW's and one Steeda. 19GT PP1 and 19RS3. No NVH for the MGW. I initially went with the Steeda on the RS3 trying something different. It was an improvement over the stock linkage on the RS3. Never could get rid of the 3rd Gear Nibble and it had a lot of NVH. MGW is the way to go. On all installs, took my time and dropped the exhaust and drive shaft. Piece of cake from here to access everything making it worth the extra work. Especially when aligning - Neutralizing stress points.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The only big difference is you push down on the shifter and slide over into reverse rather than pull up the collar.
Hmmmm,.......that's weird. I always thought the MT-82 was push down and slide over? My '13 Roush Stage 3 was that way.

Jester46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
MGW flatstick, one of the best mods, drastically improved shifting in every way, no additional NVH, looks awesome, quality piece. Just get one!

Sponsored

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
Well, for some of us ANY additional NVH is a deal-breaker, plus the stock shifter on my Bullitt is not bad at all (at least when driven sedately), so I wouldn't even consider one until I have the opportunity to drive a car with one, so I know what I might be missing (if anything) :).

What I'll do is replace the fluid at 6K miles, and still debating what to use. I'm between stock + the Motorcraft additive, or Motul DCT-F, with the latter winning at the moment. And same thing for the Torsen.

I replaced manual trans fluid at 3300 miles on my 2020 GT PP LEVEL 2...used BG Syncro Shift II...the difference in shifting was remarkable! Took about 30 miles of driving and shifting for it to penetrate everywhere, but it is now so incredibly smooth and positive in shifting...can't recommend the BG highly enough!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Shouldn't need to. There's no clutches or anything for a friction modifier to really do much for. The additive probably just raises the viscosity somewhat to soften gear and synchro engagement and nothing else. With a high quality synthetic DCT fluid it won't be needed.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
it is now so incredibly smooth and positive in shifting...can't recommend the BG highly enough!
That's good to hear; very little feedback from 2018+ owners. My slight concern is that it's not a DCT fluid, like stock. So I'm hesitant to use it under warranty. I assume it's a gear oil, which would be thicker (even if not too much). Did you notice the difference from stock to that one? Wish somebody like you would try both BG SS-II and Motul DCT-F, and comment which one is better. Ha ha. If similar, rather stick to the same type of fluid during warranty.

With a high quality synthetic DCT fluid it won't be needed.
Thank you for your input. That's what I thought, but feel better with other folks confirming that :).

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
What a difference in shift quality and feedback!

Installation wasn't bad overall, the rubber shift boot took some time...

20201126_120146.jpg
I had the steeda tri-ax in my 17 and hated it
Sponsored