Sponsored

Finally got MGW installed!

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
What a difference in shift quality and feedback!

Installation wasn't bad overall, the rubber shift boot took some time...

20201126_120146.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Siege

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
How much added NVH?
None felt at all when I took it out after the install.

It definitely takes more effort to shift and push against the side springs but I've read they take a little bit to break in.

Sponsored

sjmurphy34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Magnetic
Does reverse camera function with this set up ?
I have one installed on my '17, yes everything functions like normal. Reverse camera works and everything. The only big difference is you push down on the shifter and slide over into reverse rather than pull up the collar.

Iconicgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I have one installed on my '17, yes everything functions like normal. Reverse camera works and everything. The only big difference is you push down on the shifter and slide over into reverse rather than pull up the collar.
Thank you. I figured it would, mgw seems like the best option out here. The others specifically say the camera still works so I second guessed it!

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I looked at the MGW but went with the Barton Hybrid. I couldn't find a lot of info comparing them. Most people raved about the one they had.

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
I was undecided until I watched this video

which convinced me that the MGW shifter is quite well engineered, so now tend more towards getting the MGW where I was considering the Barton Short Throw shifter before. In the video the design choices are explained and they make sense. Both shifters are still interesting, so I might try both in the end, just start with the MGW first.

Also, nice shifting sound but it's not the MT82:

Sponsored

kodioneill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 GT Kona Blue
What a difference in shift quality and feedback!

Installation wasn't bad overall, the rubber shift boot took some time...

20201126_120146.jpg
I looked on their website but I don't see an option for the flat stick. Just the round shaft which is very nice and not as pricey as I thought it would be.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
MGW is the best mod you can do to any MT-82 aside from the fluid swap.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well, for some of us ANY additional NVH is a deal-breaker, plus the stock shifter on my Bullitt is not bad at all (at least when driven sedately), so I wouldn't even consider one until I have the opportunity to drive a car with one, so I know what I might be missing (if anything) :).

What I'll do is replace the fluid at 6K miles, and still debating what to use. I'm between stock + the Motorcraft additive, or Motul DCT-F, with the latter winning at the moment. And same thing for the Torsen.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Well, for some of us ANY additional NVH is a deal-breaker, plus the stock shifter on my Bullitt is not bad at all (at least when driven sedately), so I wouldn't even consider one until I have the opportunity to drive a car with one, so I know what I might be missing (if anything) :).

What I'll do is replace the fluid at 6K miles, and still debating what to use. I'm between stock + the Motorcraft additive, or Motul DCT-F, with the latter winning at the moment. And same thing for the Torsen.
Literally no NVH added when it's installed correctly. Nothing but benefits when using an MGW.

OP
OP
Siege

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I looked on their website but I don't see an option for the flat stick. Just the round shaft which is very nice and not as pricey as I thought it would be.
For whatever reason they never added the flatstick to their website for ordering. You have to call them to order one.

No NVH increase at all.
Sponsored