HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Femco has been around for over 30 years IIRC and is the original volume manufacturer of drain valves. But they are based in Europe and their target customers on all continents is fleet owners. Someone there at some point decided to branch out and created a look up by vehicle including typical consumer vehicles but it's been long abandoned, so don't bother using it. For other vehicles, just call. A particularly nice touch if you have any engines with vertical drains is they offer numerous thread lengths so you can pick one that matches the factory drain plug boss thickness.

I switched from Fumotos to Femcos for all new vehicles as soon as I found out they existed. They recently started making drains for the Ford plastic pans/plugs.

Being fleet oriented, you can even get versions that will suck the oil out in seconds AND pump new oil back in thru the same valve in another few seconds. LoL

Since I don't own earth movers, all my Femcos so far have been small base and of the compact variety for shortest "height". These new valves are standard large base, so if you have vehicles with another size, you will need a LB drainer, but these include a nylon drainer, so you don't have to spring for a brass drainer if you don't already own one. Just slap your desired hose length onto the included nylon drainer.

All the typical Femco benefits: (1) never remove from pan or replace, (2) drain any amount at any speed to wherever your hose ends, (3) no exposed thread to get damaged or dirty, (4) threaded cap barrier failsafe that won't vibrate off.

https://www.femco.com/product/ford-oil-plug/

M6G master drain valve thread: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/oil-drain-valves.55750/
Sponsored

Last edited:

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Femco has been around since the 1930s IIRC and is the original volume manufacturer of drain valves. But they are based in Europe and their target customers on all continents is fleet owners. Someone there at some point decided to branch out and created a look up by vehicle including typical consumer vehicles but it's been long abandoned, so don't bother using it. For other vehicles, just call. A particularly nice touch if you have any engines with vertical drains is they offer numerous thread lengths so you can pick one that matches the factory drain plug boss thickness.

I switched from Fumotos to Femcos for all new vehicles as soon as I found out they existed. They recently started making drains for the Ford plastic pans/plugs.

Being fleet oriented, you can even get versions that will suck the oil out in seconds AND pump new oil back in thru the same valve in another few seconds. LoL

Since I don't own earth movers, all my Femcos so far have been small base and of the compact variety for shortest "height". These new valves are standard large base, so if you have vehicles with another size, you will need a LB drainer, but these include a nylon drainer, so you don't have to spring for a brass drainer if you don't already own one. Just slap your desired hose length onto the included nylon drainer.

All the typical Femco benefits: (1) never remove from pan or replace, (2) drain any amount at any speed to wherever your hose ends, (3) no exposed thread to get damaged or dirty, (4) threaded cap barrier failsafe that won't vibrate off.

https://www.femco.com/product/ford-oil-plug/

M6G master drain valve thread: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/oil-drain-valves.55750/
Wow that looks pretty sweet. Honestly I might just get this one. Don’t care it’s plastic bc it will never be twisted off. Thats pretty crazy.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Wow that looks pretty sweet. Honestly I might just get this one. Don’t care it’s plastic bc it will never be twisted off. Thats pretty crazy.
FYI, the plastic other than cap/drainer is an exoskeleton for a brass valve. I suspect the plastic outer is a combination of matching the pan material plus nylon male and female cap threads won't vibrate loose. Also maybe for reduced noise transmission. The solid brass valves that replace metal drain plugs in engines that have them add an o-ring inside the metal caps to stop vibration loosening. If someone wants bling, they could order a brass cap for these valves. LoL

Last edited:
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Probably made by the same company. This one is billet
No. Not even in the same league. Femco has been making drain valves for ~90 years and have sold probably millions all designed for hard nosed fleet owners. Private vehicle owners aren't even a blip in their stats. Hell, if they gave a freebe to every DIY oil changer that asked, it would hardly be a blip.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
No. Not even in the same league. Femco has been making drain valves for ~90 years and have sold probably millions all designed for hard nosed fleet owners. Private vehicle owners aren't even a blip in their stats. Hell, if they gave a freebe to every DIY oil changer that asked, it would hardly be a blip.
So then Ronin completely ripped off Femco? Interesting. Even some of the graphics look the same in the videos.

I've not handled the Femco unit, but the Ronin piece is very nicely made.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I had a Femco on my 17 GT. It was legit.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
FYI, the plastic other than cap/drainer is an exoskeleton for a brass valve. I suspect the plastic outer is a combination of matching the pan material plus nylon male and female cap threads won't vibrate loose. Also maybe for reduced noise transmission. The solid brass valves that replace metal drain plugs in engines that have them add an o-ring inside the metal caps to stop vibration loosening. If someone wants bling, they could order a brass cap for these valves. LoL
This is all cool info. Did you purchase one already?

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This is all cool info. Did you purchase one already?
I have Femcos in all cars purchased since 2010 when I discovered them which was just luck since they are not marketed to anyone but fleet owners and the factory is in the Netherlands. Still have Fumotos in older vehicles. I wouldn't replace an installed working Fumoto but wouldn't buy another one if there is a Femco option.

Haven't bought this one yet because I don't own a Ford that has the plastic plugs from the factory.

The link to the master drain valve thread has lots of info for people thinking about switching to a drain valve for any vehicle.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
So then Ronin completely ripped off Femco? Interesting. Even some of the graphics look the same in the videos.

I've not handled the Femco unit, but the Ronin piece is very nicely made.
Yawn, The point you missed is a company that has been doing this for 90 years and for fleet customers don't last if they sell junk.
And sadly the companies that do the r&d, tend to get reverse engineered. A company that been doing this 90 years doesn't NEED to pull that crap. a fly by night aftermarket one does.
Just say'n.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Yawn, The point you missed is a company that has been doing this for 90 years and for fleet customers don't last if they sell junk.
And sadly the companies that do the r&d, tend to get reverse engineered. A company that been doing this 90 years doesn't NEED to pull that crap. a fly by night aftermarket one does.
Just say'n.
Troll.

I didn't miss the point. I said Ronin ripped off Femco. Never heard of Femco before as I have nothing to do with fleet vehicles.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Yes. I will probably order one before the next oil change.
F588B1C5-75F8-4919-8ECA-585348896C4B.jpeg

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Troll.

I didn't miss the point. I said Ronin ripped off Femco. Never heard of Femco before as I have nothing to do with fleet vehicles.
If you knew anything about automotive parts you'd know that one company makes many BRANDED parts, Many times you pay extra for that fancy box nothing more.
I now see why orange and others say what they do about you.
Have a good night, my little shadow.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have Femcos in all cars purchased since 2010 when I discovered them which was just luck since they are not marketed to anyone but fleet owners and the factory is in the Netherlands. Still have Fumotos in older vehicles. I wouldn't replace an installed working Fumoto but wouldn't buy another one if there is a Femco option.

Haven't bought this one yet because I don't own a Ford that has the plastic plugs from the factory.

The link to the master drain valve thread has lots of info for people thinking about switching to a drain valve for any vehicle.
I too have bought and used the Fumoto drain valves on past vehicles; never had an issue with them being installed for years and being driven 24/7/365 in all weather conditions. I first heard of the the Fumoto many years ago when Racer Walsh Co. (https://racerwalsh.com/) was selling them. RWCo. was and still is a very well known aftermarket supplier for Fords and has its own race team(s).

The Femcos I have heard of too, but didn't know they could be used for some "civilian" auto applications as opposed to Fleet. Thanks for that info.