Sponsored

FI System with least Heat Soak Issues

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Curious if y’all saw the actual data logs that were posted.
Negative, haven't had a chance to read the thread yet, just replying to the OP's question. I'll take a minute to go back over the data.
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Centris would be your best bet.
indeed yes. Let alone that the centrifugal will more simulate the coyote’s natural powerband.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
FWIW here's another data point. 2018 Whipple with the standard low-temp radiator and no fans. This was *after* letting the car sit after driving to "heat soak" the supercharger and intercooler. It's a 24 minute drive in 90 deg ambient. Blue is IAT1, yellow is IAT2, and green is speed. You can see them start high from "soaking" but they drop rapidly. This drive was particularly bad due to 7 minutes slow stop-and-go, where the IAT2 is oddly lower than IAT1. So the air is actually cooler after the intercooler than it was before the supercharger during this time. At the very end I ran WOT through 2 gears and you can see the final IAT2 in the snip below. I really would like so see a complete similar log from a centrif/A2A setup for comparison.

1624491490109.png

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
FWIW here's another data point. 2018 Whipple with the standard low-temp radiator and no fans. This was *after* letting the car sit after driving to "heat soak" the supercharger and intercooler. It's a 24 minute drive in 90 deg ambient. Blue is IAT1, yellow is IAT2, and green is speed. You can see them start high from "soaking" but they drop rapidly. This drive was particularly bad due to 7 minutes slow stop-and-go, where the IAT2 is oddly lower than IAT1. So the air is actually cooler after the intercooler than it was before the supercharger during this time. At the very end I ran WOT through 2 gears and you can see the final IAT2 in the snip below. I really would like so see a complete similar log from a centrif/A2A setup for comparison.

1624491490109.png
I'll try to get you a log. I just had very similar drive. 90 degrees outside. My IAT is in the manifold now, so probably a good comparison to your iat2. I didn't log but was monitoring. IAT while on the road would stabilize around 105. I did sit and idle for about 10 min, it peaked at 134 then dropped back to 132. I was putting it in neutral between lights. When I got going it didn't take long to get back to 105. However I wasn't really getting on the car. When I do the heat builds but drops back within a minute.

Sponsored

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
I do not have the data to back it as I haven't reviewed my logs yet, however, I just returned from Rocky Mountain Race Week, and we did 1 week of racing in 10k+ D/A (Bandimere), down to 3k ft D/A in Kansas. 109 Degrees ambient in Kearney NE at race time last week. Car didn't skip a beat, and power was the same pass after pass after pass.

The intercooler system on this Whipple kit seems pretty good. They said that was the most punishing week ever ran on Race Week to date temp wise, it killed a lot of cars. 10+hrs alone on Thursday's drive day at 105-109 ambient. Race days were sitting in line 20-40 mins minimum before you ran a pass.

I would think if the IAT/MCT was high, the power would suffer. Car ran it's usual E/T all week without a hiccup.

15k miles now on this Whipple kit, and it's been solid running the Whipple tune right out of the box.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I do not have the data to back it as I haven't reviewed my logs yet, however, I just returned from Rocky Mountain Race Week, and we did 1 week of racing in 10k+ D/A (Bandimere), down to 3k ft D/A in Kansas. 109 Degrees ambient in Kearney NE at race time last week. Car didn't skip a beat, and power was the same pass after pass after pass.

The intercooler system on this Whipple kit seems pretty good. They said that was the most punishing week ever ran on Race Week to date temp wise, it killed a lot of cars. 10+hrs alone on Thursday's drive day at 105-109 ambient. Race days were sitting in line 20-40 mins minimum before you ran a pass.

I would think if the IAT/MCT was high, the power would suffer. Car ran it's usual E/T all week without a hiccup.

15k miles now on this Whipple kit, and it's been solid running the Whipple tune right out of the box.
Man that's an impressive week and sounds like a max punisher for the car engine. Great to se it held up great during the week of torture. Thanks for your info.

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
Man that's an impressive week and sounds like a max punisher for the car engine. Great to se it held up great during the week of torture. Thanks for your info.
Anytime.

It was a hot one! 100+ at all tracks all week, with 2 days being drive and drag days.

20210617_163822.jpg
Sponsored