Sponsored

February Sales

Deleted member 33561

Frankly I don't understand people hating on cars, any car. I like all cars for their differences and unique design performance. I traded my 2015 Challenger Scatpack (Supercharged) for a new Mustang. I did it because I wanted the new features (10 speed auto, Magnetic ride and Active exhaust). The Challenger is 9 inches longer than a Mustang which means it has more trunk space and definitely more back seat space. The new Mustang has a sloped roof that means only midgets or children can sit back there. The width of the cars is almost identical. The Challenger has more HP and Torque so it requires a little extra strength and weight (about 300 lbs). My biggest disappointment in the Mustang is the 10 speed auto seems very sloppy shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. The rest of the shifts seem good. A tune helped but I'm still not satisfied. I loved my Scatpack and I now love my Mustang. The Challenger was $45K (+ $9K for Supercharger) and my new Mustang MSRP is $52K. I would never buy a Camaro in it's present form but I don't hate it. It's just a car.
Sponsored

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
You can get into a nicely optioned GT for a lot less than $50k.

The car I've ordered, GT premium, 401A, Safe and Smart, Enhanced Security, Active Valve, Shaker Pro. Invoice $43,416.79, MSRP $44,980.00. Ditch some stuff and add A10 and it's roughly the same price. Yeah add PP1 and you're 50k but most won't need or maybe not want that.

IMHO, Ever since the Fox bodies, the Mustang has not been practical. I had a 97 and the backseat was bad in it as well. Not much has changed since then.

Deleted member 33561

Well since i purchased one I'm fully aware of the cost of options. I wanted everything except the Pro audio. The sound system is fine for my old ears. I'm very happy with the car and all the features available. In my opinion Ford finally caught up with the Challenger in features I wanted and exceeded the Challenger with the Magneride and a better active exhaust. I love the sound of that engine coming out the tail pipes. I also sometimes like to put it in the quiet mode to not be so noticeable when the police are next to me in traffic. :)

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
Because the SHO you drive looks any better:lol:
IMHO it looks better. And has the added benefit of being a twin to the cop cars so people get out of the way.

I didn't realize I was in a Mopar forum.

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
It's outselling the Mustang because the Mustang is now more expensive yet hasn't become more practical.

The Challenger, while large, is more comfortable and can be used as a daily driver to haul people/cargo.
The biggest reason I am driving my GT instead of a Challenger/Charger Scat Pack is the $10k I saved and that was buying used. If it wasnt just me and my 8 year old then there would be a Mopar in my driveway right now because they are certainly more comfortable and practical than either the Mustang or Camaro. Don't get me wrong, I love my GT and I especially love the aftermarket support it has.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
GM Made a Mistake putting AL O in charge, As his ego is bigger than his brain. The guy needs to start over and bring back the cars roots.
A "clone" of the 'stang that's 1) a GM parts bin car and 2) about 3 years late to the party? :lol:

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
You can get into a nicely optioned GT for a lot less than $50k.

The car I've ordered, GT premium, 401A, Safe and Smart, Enhanced Security, Active Valve, Shaker Pro. Invoice $43,416.79, MSRP $44,980.00. Ditch some stuff and add A10 and it's roughly the same price. Yeah add PP1 and you're 50k but most won't need or maybe not want that.

IMHO, Ever since the Fox bodies, the Mustang has not been practical. I had a 97 and the backseat was bad in it as well. Not much has changed since then.
You should be able to get into a nicely optioned GT for less than $40k...like I did just 3 short years ago. GT premium 401A was $37k (I paid $33 with Z-plan).

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMHO it looks better. And has the added benefit of being a twin to the cop cars so people get out of the way.

I didn't realize I was in a Mopar forum.
Lol considering most of the cops around here drive Chargers that wouldnt be an issue either. You arent in a Mopar forum but that doesnt mean people cant like them.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should be able to get into a nicely optioned GT for less than $40k...like I did just 3 short years ago. GT premium 401A was $37k (I paid $33 with Z-plan).
3 years ago they wernt selling for near as much as the 18 does now......

Reactions: 113

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Am I the only one that thinks selling 58-- Cars in the god awful month of Febuary is pretty good?? Great sales month. For the Challanger. That design still sings to people. OH and another good sales month for the Camaro also. I'm amazed they sold that many.:lol::lol::lol:

65ACode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 mustang
In my area - NC, I don't see Ford advertising the Mustang at all. F150s must get all the advertising budget.

I am looking at getting a GT Premium, PP, 401A, a10, magenride. It does price out high, but you still get a lot of performance and tech for that money.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
My wife really likes the looks of the Challenger, especially orange with black stripes. Ever since the third generation (2008) Challenger was released she constantly comments about how good they look (I agree) and it is probably the only car on the market that she would trade her 97 Mustang for. However, Challengers are much too big for our taste and too long for our garage. Even the current Mustang is too big for her taste.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
It's outselling the Mustang because the Mustang is now more expensive yet hasn't become more practical.

The Challenger, while large, is more comfortable and can be used as a daily driver to haul people/cargo.
The biggest reason Challenger is selling so well Chrysler advertises the hell out of them I see tv commercials everyday but can't remember seeing a Mustang or camaro in a very long time.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Really? People are shocked at the numbers? Why?

Sports cars and winter don't exactly go together. I don't think someone's first thought when it's 15 degrees and snowing outside is I want a Mustang! :doh:
I also agree that fewer young people can afford a sports car these days. The sports car performance continues to climb and so does the price.

Challenger's sell well because they are a great cruising car and are priced right. Yes, the Challenger and the Titanic can be compared when it comes to weight and handling, but hey, that's what sells.
The comparison was between the same month last year and this year -30%. Are you saying it was warmer last February? Or summer is coming later this year?

Maybe shock isn't the right word but I'm certainly surprised that Mustang sales are down 30% YOY.
Sponsored