Sponsored

February Sales

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
FYI, the biggest reason the Challenger sold the most in February is because of the new AWD GT model. Offering AWD was a genius move by Dodge.
AWD GT has been out for over a year.
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I think ill avoid the c6 sale thread this month I don't want a tumor to grow on my body while I read it.

Year to year sales % differences do not mean much in this context. You could say the sky was falling from 2015 to 2016 when sales were lower (except the 2016 sales were huge as well but not as big as 2015). The only thing that may affect sales are the price increases but who knows. I think people forget the 2018 is not a 100% brand new car either it is a refresh. It is not like going from the 5th gen to 6th gen back in 2015.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
This is likely due to a lack of deals compared to what we were seeing on the 2017s even at this time last year. 2017 MY cars, even in February 2017, were going for at/near dealer cost after all the incentives and little or no negotiations IIRC. There's currently the $1500 cash back incentive on the 2018s, but, with the usual exceptions, most dealerships seem to be advertising at barely X-Plan (of course, with negotiations, people are getting the usual $6-7k off sticker).
Could be mistaken here, of course.

Duramax557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roush 3
Vehicle Showcase
Could challenger be leading because so many law enforcement agencies use them. Those sales have to be included in that number I would think.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Dodge is doing what they need to do. Fiat has made sure to be the silent purpose behind Dodge. Every commercial you see from Dodge is ether about the "Brotherhood of Muscle" or "Ram tough!" That's it. No commercials about you sitting on a highway in rush hour, or sneaking your family in a Tahoe...

Dodge is also taking that platform doing what they need to do. Sure the car is big...but its fast. They also took a page from ford and offer the bloody thing in every trim you can think of. 2 door..4 door... hell a SUV.... everything you want a car wrapped in the American Flag in the brotherhood of muscle.

When the last time you seen a Mustang commercial??? What about a Chevy commercial that involved the Camaro Zl1 or 1LE ? Or heck ANY performance vehicle from that camp???? Dosge commercials are cool. Hell they have Vin in them. The Dodge brothers...Heck even the voice from the Ram commercial just oooozes manly America !

You can say that does not sell...but I would say it helps. It also helps when the cars are actually out....Ford?? GT500??? When ????????????????????? Bravo Dodge..your getting it done.

Sponsored

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
Yes, Ford needs to up the advertising. The Ram commercials are good but the product is lacking in capability and reliability.

I don't know that what Dodge is doing is actually working. Dodge sales are down 19% so far this year. They were down 12% for 2017 too.

As much as it pains me to say it, I wonder if the whole segment is going to be a niche or regulated out of existence.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
So now the excuse is "something embedded within people to LIKE Mustangs".

Maybe Ford is implanting chips into people and mind controlling them to buy Mustang or for kids to prefer the rustang compared to a supercar?

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride

Maybe Ford is implanting chips into people and mind controlling them to buy Mustang or for kids to prefer the rustang compared to a supercar?
GM should ditch the Camaro, re-release the same car but with a giant dual intake hood and call it a "Firebird" and a "Trans AM", it would sell like hotcakes!
:ninja:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

At least it’s a new excuse. You’d think with 3 years of practice. They could come up with some really good ones.:shrug: I think the really smart guys over there. do all their best work in the versus section.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

At least it’s a new excuse. You’d think with 3 years of practice. They could come up with some really good ones.:shrug: I think the really smart guys over there. do all their best work in the versus section.

One thing about it there supercar is becoming more and more exclusive :lol:

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
One thing about it there supercar is becoming more and more exclusive :lol:
Yeah, resale value!

Not many supercars out there, less supercar killers needed.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT

I continued reading the post, it states:

Me and my buddy were golfing a few weeks back. He has a 17 Roush, I have a '18 Zl1. Looks are subjective, I get it. So, when we were done, we were headed back to our cars and there was a crowd of 4 teenagers/lower 20's looking at our cars. So, they wanted to check them out, so we opened the hoods and doors so they can check everything out. Now, keep in mind, he's complety stock. I have all this sexy Meth plumbing and E85 plumbing and intake and all the goodies. Headers, exhaust. He's stock.

Not that matters in anyways, but as a car guy I would of noticed those things.

So, after about 10-15 minutes of us just shooting the shit, I asked.........so, which one would ya'll choose?

Every single one of them said..............The Mustang. I was like.........these kids are fkn stoooooooooooooooooooooopid. But, I think it's just cus it's a Mustang. It's always been like that which is one reason I always have liked the Camaro. But anyhow, back to doing nothing I go.
This guy is a great story teller...:cheers:
Sponsored