OP
OP
dead_inside

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Update: If I go WOT at 4k or above, its adding timing the whole way. If I go WOT at 3k, it pulls timing the whole way. Any suggestions on what this symptom points to as a culprit? This is very consistent behavior. I tell ya... I'm about ready to go back to stock with this thing :angry:

Log 35 - 3rd gear WOT 4k to 6500
Log 37 - 3rd gear WOT 3k to 6500
Both logs 92 octane no additives
Sponsored

Attachments

Salman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Salman
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt base
Im having the same issue with the same setup. It happens only when i quick shift to 4th gear. Did you fixed yours ?

OP
OP
dead_inside

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Nah. Still on the hunt. I've read just about every thread on 6g regarding false knock and getting some on hard shifts is common. I wish I had something more to share with you to help but all I can offer is a "good luck"

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Nah. Still on the hunt. I've read just about every thread on 6g regarding false knock and getting some on hard shifts is common. I wish I had something more to share with you to help but all I can offer is a "good luck"
If you guys are like me you'll end up chasing it on and off for a year or so and finally say fuck it and up the octane and get a KR tune. Lol

OP
OP
dead_inside

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
If you guys are like me you'll end up chasing it on and off for a year or so and finally say fuck it and up the octane and get a KR tune. Lol
It’s just not a real possibility for me man but I hear ya. It’s true I could have barrels of E85 freighted to me and pump em in my garage but that’s just further than I’m willing to take it. We have no E blends or pump E anywhere, 100 octane is available but it’s $10 a gallon and I’d spend all my time driving cities over to it.

One day I’ll find it. Or not. You know

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
It’s just not a real possibility for me man but I hear ya. It’s true I could have barrels of E85 freighted to me and pump em in my garage but that’s just further than I’m willing to take it. We have no E blends or pump E anywhere, 100 octane is available but it’s $10 a gallon and I’d spend all my time driving cities over to it.

One day I’ll find it. Or not. You know
I get it. I just buy boostane by the 5 gallon drum. 14-16oz per fillup and call it good. It only adds about 78 cents per gallon and doesn't kill my mileage.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I chased false knock with my procharger. Only conclusion I could arrive at was that it is the internal gearset in the centri that rattles between shifts, wot, etc. Dunno. Everything else was tight that I could find.

OP
OP
dead_inside

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
I chased false knock with my procharger. Only conclusion I could arrive at was that it is the internal gearset in the centri that rattles between shifts, wot, etc. Dunno. Everything else was tight that I could find.
I cant say for certain but imo, the gearset would be the loudest at higher RPMs when the head unit is spinning the fastest. I have no knock present if I go WOT above 4k RPM. The car adds timing the whole way to 7k RPM. If I go WOT at 3k RPM, its +8 or +9. Sometimes it will transition to adding timing at and sometimes it will be pulling timing the whole run. I get a lot of part throttle knock at 2500 - 3k RPM as well but my experience with the tuner is entirely WOT pulls. I know false knock can be anything but that's just my current situation. I still hunt for it but I'm caring less and less. Car is still fun at WOT above 4k which is where the centri is making power anyway.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
My V7JTB Lund tune does something similar, I gave up. I've got E but keeping the tune safe I think it was something similar, lower rpm starts. Haven't had a chance to go to the track to see if it does it from a hook.

Salman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Salman
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt base
I couldn’t find the issue on mine. So I ended up getting my knock sensors desensitized. And I’m the happiest person on earth. Lol

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I couldn’t find the issue on mine. So I ended up getting my knock sensors desensitized. And I’m the happiest person on earth. Lol
How long have you been running it that way and what fuel are you running?

Salman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Salman
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt base
its been like 5 days since I asked Lund to send me the tune. I run few gallons of C16 along with 91 octane.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Salman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Salman
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt base
Well. I don’t have access to e85 neither want to get my spark plugs worn fast too with octane boosters. Maybe I will try MS109 next time

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Unless you have long tubes sensors are a pain to change. I'd run till one or both fail then compare the cost of the fuel plus sensors against the 109 fuel cause you will need more of it to get the same final octane rating.

If you have cats installed I'd never run leaded fuel.
Sponsored