Sponsored

Extended warranty

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Picking my car up Thursday, was planning on using flood ford for a ESP.

Anyone ever have claim issues with there esp like mentioned?
I never had to use my Flood Ford extended warranty (yet), but it's officially linked to the VIN in the Ford database after purchase, so you shouldn't have any issues if you need to make a claim. The ESP even shows up on the FordPass app under the vehicle details.
Sponsored

Rob Skully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I just talked to the guy at Flood Ford .. wicked nice and he explained why theirs is priced as they have them. Basically … they price them to volume sell them 👍🏻👍🏻

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I never had to use my Flood Ford extended warranty (yet), but it's officially linked to the VIN in the Ford database after purchase, so you shouldn't have any issues if you need to make a claim. The ESP even shows up on the FordPass app under the vehicle details.
Just to make it clear the is no such thing as a “Flood Ford extended warranty. The warranty they sell is the factory Ford ESP. Flood is just the seller. Your claims go directly through Ford.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
First, depending on who the Extended Warranty is written by (Ford ESP or XYZ aftermarket), be sure to read all of the fine print as to what is NOT covered.

Everyone who buys an Extended Warranty always just gets one after the Salesperson rattles off what it covers. The thing is, not all ESP’s are equal and not all cover ‘everything’ - and the pieces or parts not covered is usually what is in the fine print that everyone overlooks (and sometimes costs the most when it comes time to repair).

The Ford ESP runs concurrently with the Factory new car 3/36 Bumper to Bumper, as well as the 5/60 Powertrain.

So it looks and works like this:
3/36 used for nearly all warranty claims during first 3 years/36k miles, whichever comes first.

5/60 runs concurrently with the 3/36, so after 3/36 is depleted by miles or years first, the remainder of the 5/60 is left which is 2/24 (again whichever comes first).

Ford ESP - runs concurrently with the 3/36 and 5/60. So only AFTER the 3/36 and/or 5/60 is depleted, will the ESP be used. FACT (and it’s in the ESP fine print). So take for instance a new car owner bought a 7/75k ESP - what they really bought was a 2/15k.

The above is why if buying any ESP and planning on keeping a car for at least 5 years, always go with the ESP that has the longest term available. I think Ford has a 8/120 as the most current.

Always read the fine print. :)

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If you have a major failure like engine you will have to provide proof of every oil change, tune up, air filter. Or they will deny the claim and the cost is yours so remember that

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Did you call them for that?
I didn't see your question back in April. If you are still interested, no, I just used the coupon code I was given. I am not sure if I am supposed to post them, but just send me a pm if you want them.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I purchased the premium extended warranty from Flood Ford for 710.00 that covered a total of 6 years and 60k miles. It ends in 3 days and I only have 45k miles.

The Turbo failed a week after the 5 year PT warranty ended and the premium extended warranty paid for a new complete Turbo kit. The extended warranty was 710.00 and the Turbo kit would have cost me over 2k. My car was serviced every 3-5k miles by the dealership from new and while I had a cat-back and K&N air filter there was no direct connection to the failed part.

Other than the Turbo failure there have been no other repair items under the extended warranty.
Sponsored