Extended warranty racket

Mustang702000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.o , 2002 V6 convert
Greetings. When I bought my stang, dealer stuck a couple extended warranty, one for powertrain and the other for wheel and tire road Hazzard.
Company is USWarranty of Pompano Beach, Florida.
Any knowledge of these folks?
Thanks in advance. Dave
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Greetings. When I bought my stang, dealer stuck a couple extended warranty, one for powertrain and the other for wheel and tire road Hazzard.
Company is USWarranty of Pompano Beach, Florida.
Any knowledge of these folks?
Thanks in advance. Dave
Get unstuck and get your money back. Then run away, fast.

https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/pompano-b...ans/united-states-warranty-corp-0633-11002414

https://www.womply.com/biz/united-states-warranty-corp-pompano-beach-FL/

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Assuming you had to pay something for them, why in the world did you bite on them?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Didn’t your Salesman explain that such an extended warranty also inflated your amount financed (if financed)?

So just an FYI, take a peek in your S550 Owner’s Manual and see what the Ford Warranties actually cover - quite a bit in fact
. What is important about a warranty isn’t always what it covers, it is what it does NOT cover
. The new car 3/36 covers bumper to bumper. The Powertrain warranty is 5/60, and actually runs concurrently with the 3/36, so essentially after the 3/36 is done, you still have 2/24 of the Powertrain
 which again, covers quite a bit.

In fact, most ESP’s cover nearly identical parts systems as the new car 3/36 and 5/60 Powertrain do, but the Sales folks won’t tell the Consumers that fact
 gotta read the coverage.

Oh and emissions is 8/80, and that too covers quite a bit of components.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Only a handful of the aftermarket ones are even remotely decent, but the problem is that all the big name dealers have their own racket of choice so they can get kickbacks. So it's pretty much always a rip off. Get ESP or nothing at all is pretty sound strategy these days.

Sponsored

Fetlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT MT
I was looking at extended warranties online and came across the Flood dealership as a good place to get one from Ford. I thought perhaps I would give my local dealership the business, they would probably be doing any work. When I asked them if they could come near the price, they just chuckled, they don't even sell Ford extended warranties! I think there isn't enough money in those for a lot of dealers.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I was looking at extended warranties online and came across the Flood dealership as a good place to get one from Ford. I thought perhaps I would give my local dealership the business, they would probably be doing any work. When I asked them if they could come near the price, they just chuckled, they don't even sell Ford extended warranties! I think there isn't enough money in those for a lot of dealers.
In all likelihood they do sell them but only to people willing to pay their ridiculous prices. It was easier for them to tell you what they did instead of just saying no.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You can cancel a extended warranty at any time and get the unused portion refunded

5.0carlo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You can cancel a extended warranty at any time and get the unused portion refunded
Is that in every state? How do they adjust you payments/payoff since it’s built into the finance amount?

Sponsored

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
OK. My stang has 49000 miles. How much if any warranty on what does car have? Thanks, Dave
Impossible for us to say because we don't know the details of the warranties you purchased.

Read what you sign next time. Don't flush your money down the toilet.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
They take the date in use and the date the warranty expires. Mine was a 2015 and it was 7 years 100,000 miles. So around 3.5 years and 50,000 miles you get 50% refunded. It is prorated

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Auto dealers in-particular are solely acting in their interests, not ours.

I've personally never believed in extended warranties for anything. If I have concerns the build quality is that poor, I should research and buy something else.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Auto dealers in-particular are solely acting in their interests, not ours.
Which is why I bought my Ford ESP online.

If I have concerns the build quality is that poor, I should research and buy something else.
Well then you might want to reconsider your Mach 1.

Only kidding, of course. But things do break. Whether on a $60k Mustang or a $250k Bentley. The cost of replacement parts is ludicrous. In many cases a Ford ESP can pay for itself with one use. It’s also for peace of mind, if you’re into that kind of thing. :like:
Sponsored