Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
So it looks like this is a common issue, shit motor mounts I assume? 63k miles mines are out definitely won't be able to do this job about how many hours to do this job?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It’ll take about 2 1/2 hours to install the mounts.

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
My reason for installing the mounts was for the improved handling via lowering the engine. I have read about the factory mounts leaking but didn't experience it.

Sponsored

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
My reason for installing the mounts was for the improved handling via lowering the engine. I have read about the factory mounts leaking but didn't experience it.
It is quite more common than thought unfortunately, I found out recently fleet of explorers have had them replaced multiple times with low mileage, piss poor quality 0 durability.

Fokis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2015 ford mustang v6
I used a scissor jack with a tree jack stand on top of it and a phonebook placed between the tree jack stand and the transmission to lift my engine for the header/motor mount installation.

1636167253132.jpeg
I can't get the engine to raise up without the whole car raising. What do I need to unbolt... thx!

Fokis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2015 ford mustang v6
I used a scissor jack with a tree jack stand on top of it and a phonebook placed between the tree jack stand and the transmission to lift my engine for the header/motor mount installation.

1636167253132.jpeg
Sorry... to change the motor mounts. What am I not seeing.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
When I installed my motor mounts, I had the motor mount brackets off because I was installing headers at the same time.

You might still be able to remove them with the factory motor mount brackets in place though. Did you remove the nut on the studs at the top of both factory motor mounts and the transmission crossmember? That should do it

Fokis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2015 ford mustang v6
When I installed my motor mounts, I had the motor mount brackets off because I was installing headers at the same time.

You might still be able to remove them with the factory motor mount brackets in place though. Did you remove the nut on the studs at the top of both factory motor mounts and the transmission crossmember? That should do it
I didn't mess with the transmission. I just unbolted both front mounts and tried to jack it up. Thank you!

Sponsored

Fokis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2015 ford mustang v6
Here’s a pic here to show which bolts will need to come out.

1714482471674-sp.jpg
Makes sense. I was only using a small jack so I couldn't get under to see the transmission crossmember. I really appreciate it. It's my ex wife's car and I still keep it running for her. Thank you!

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Makes sense. I was only using a small jack so I couldn't get under to see the transmission crossmember. I really appreciate it. It's my ex wife's car and I still keep it running for her. Thank you!
Yessir! You’re very welcome.