Sponsored

Experience with "chipyourcar.com" tunes

pigdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Premium 6MT MM/Saddle
My 2015 EB Premium has been a great car. I got the EB since I wanted a great driving/handling car on fun roads, and now it's turned 72k miles. Now I'm considering a 'tune' to increase hp and mpg. One option I've seen is at chipyourcar.com. Has anyone had experience with this brand? Are they associated with FoMoCo? Thanks in advance.
Pigdoc
Sponsored

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
My 2015 EB Premium has been a great car. I got the EB since I wanted a great driving/handling car on fun roads, and now it's turned 72k miles. Now I'm considering a 'tune' to increase hp and mpg. One option I've seen is at chipyourcar.com. Has anyone had experience with this brand? Are they associated with FoMoCo? Thanks in advance.
Pigdoc

I’ve used “Chips” and “piggy back” ECU’s in the past, because back then it was the only way to get performance on some EFI cars. Some were good bang for the buck back then.
Having said that, there is absolutely no way in today’s market that I would use either one of those options. Today’s ECU’s are such an interwoven and complicated part of the entire vehicle that the only sure way of tuning comes from those that have cracked the code....My advice is to get a hand held tuner of your choice. For what your looking for, any of the popular options with proven OTS tunes will do. A couple things to think about when selecting a hand held tuner.

1. If you are considering mods as a future possibility, select your hand held based on the tuner you’d like to use at that future point.
2. If you think you may trade the car at some point, get a hand held that is updatable and can also be swapped over to the other vehicle you may be interested in.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Pigdoc
Waste of money. Do it right, research your choice of devices then pick a tuner that suits you.

Black9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Check out Burger tuning’s JB4 , they have been supplying tuners for BMW’s for some time and have recently doing EcoBoost Mustang and F150 tuners. I have a full bolt on mustang running a 93 octane map and also an E30 map, now I’m not claiming it’s a pro tune equal but it not married to a specific vehicle, can be removed for warranty work with no trace . The only negative for me was that in order to have access to multiple maps ( other than 1) you need to get the Bluetooth addition or cable for a laptop. 479.00 total...(with B.T)

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
No....stay away from chips and peddle commanders. Get an Accessport, go with Adam or PD for tunes.

Sponsored

Black9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
The JB4 is not a peddle Commander or chip,...not everyone wants or needs a pro tune, and the JB4 is WAY more flexible than the Ford download, to discount other options without hands on experience is just repeating "what I've heard or read" flame on..

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
K....do what ya want then. But we told you so

Black9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Told me so because you have experience with other options? Yeah, didn't think so....

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
Been here longer than you, been in the EBM family longer than you. Been in the tuner game longer than you. Go sit in your corner

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
But by all means.....do whatcha want your car and all....just dont come back a few months from now and cry about how this platform is weak and trash cause you went ecoboom lol

Sponsored

Black9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Once again, because you want to justify paying someone to tune your car, you discount other options... got news for ya most “eco booms” I’ve seen on this forum have had “ PRO” tunes...and I’ve owned over 50 cars and bikes and sure know my way around a hot rod, so your opinion doesn’t mean shit to me. I research before I spend and don’t take just one person’s opinion, to discount a Ford tune , Bama tuner, Sct4 or others is foolish, not everyone is trying to be a street outlaw and squeeze the last h.p. out of his car, if that was the case they would’ve bought a V8....out

Zed09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 Magnaride MT82 Whipple 3.75
I just went to their website and selected the 60 horsepower tune for a 2018 V6 Mustang, a car which wasn't even an option in 2018. Buyer beware, you get what you pay for.

Black9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Dude learn how to read,! they only have tuners available for EcoBoost Mustang and EcoBoost F150’s...sheesh

Zed09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 Magnaride MT82 Whipple 3.75
Someone must
Dude learn how to read,! they only have tuners available for EcoBoost Mustang and EcoBoost F150’s...sheesh
I'm not here to pick a fight and still see nowhere on their website where they say ecoboost only. I'm guessing I wouldn't have had an issue making it through the checkout process and giving them money for a 2018 V6.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Black9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
You obviously can’t read, the only Ford v6 they sell a tuner for is the f150 Ecoboost,... Burger tuning, JB4, is ,what you need to look for ,they’ve sold hundreds of tuners for BMW’s, Audi’s etc. and have recently started selling tuners for Eco Mustangs and F150’s, there is at least one other member on this board using this tuner on his Mustang successfully, and no I’m not here to argue with anyone, just stating there are other semi safe options other than a pro tune. Being able to run logs on your phone via Bluetooth and monitor boost, read and clear codes among other things . 60 h.p. and up 100 ft.lbs. of torque also doesn’t sound like it is getting leaned on too hard. I think the more important issues are good gas, letting the car get to temp before getting too crazy, and not lugging.Will this guarantee against Ecoboom? No, but the coyote and predator have their issues also. I trust if Burger can make tuners for Euro. cars, he can do it for Eco’s also. Bottom line is it’s your car, your money, do what makes you feel good....it’s a crap shoot with this platform anyway. Merry Christmas!
Sponsored