Gateway1231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT.
Hello Peeps,

I am new to this forum in the sense I just bought my first Mustang in Oct 20.

I was looking to add some sort off sleeve or cover to the exhaust. Is there any place or any ideas where they would be bought from. I was looking for some carbon fibre finish or some matt finish tips.

Thank you.
B
Sponsored

MuddyFunster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hi,

Hello Peeps,

I am new to this forum in the sense I just bought my first Mustang in Oct 20.

I was looking to add some sort off sleeve or cover to the exhaust. Is there any place or any ideas where they would be bought from. I was looking for some carbon fibre finish or some matt finish tips.

Thank you.
B
The short answer is no, nothing exists (yet)

One of the members here (@WD Pro ) had a project on the go to get some fabricated and sell them to the masses, but due to the current climate it's been put on hold - can't blame him TBH, it's a big outlay with a fair amount of risk.

I noticed that the new Mach 1 has chrome tips, don't know if these are a bolt-on or part of the system, needs a new owner to confirm.

Cheers
Phil.

P.S Welcome to the forum.

OP
OP

Gateway1231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT.
Hi,

One of the members here (@WD Pro ) had a project on the go to get some fabricated and sell them to the masses, but due to the current climate it's been put on hold - can't blame him TBH, it's a big outlay with a fair amount of risk.

I noticed that the new Mach 1 has chrome tips, don't know if these are a bolt-on or part of the system, needs a new owner to confirm.

Cheers
Phil.

Thank you for the reply Phil.

will wait till I can get my hands on any black or so carbon tips.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

Cheers
Phil.

After cutting my fingers yet again on the razor sharp edges of the OEM exhaust I too am hoping someone will make a set of decent exhaust tips
I still want to do the tips, but I am very hesitant at the moment due to the large outlay, the current climate and more recently, the Mach 1.

I wouldn't be very happy if bought all the tips, only to find that the Mach 1 tips can be retrofitted reasonably easily and that everyone decides they want the Mach 1 look ... :giggle:

In the meantime, I was disappointed in the finish on the ends of the standard tips (and had also stabbed myself with them) so I spent a bit of time with the Dremel and a 3M pad.

Some would say it's only small or not even noticeable change, but to me the bit of time spent makes a big difference visually and I haven't cut myself since (even cleaning inside them as the active exhaust doesn't discolour them evenly) :

28476-F58-46-BD-4-B18-B485-E77-A4-C1-A034-B.jpg

8334811-D-BC5-A-426-A-9-C58-A06020-DDE00-F.jpg

WD :like:
Sponsored