Sponsored

2018+ Quad Exhaust Tips - Nicer Looking Option ?

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I found myself searching last night to see if you can buy the Mach 1 tips as they look great
I guess that they are made by Borla and if anything you would have to buy at least axle backs if not cat backs.
Sponsored

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
Bump. Is this a no go now ?

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Bump. Is this a no go now ?
Sadly, I think it is … :frown:

It was always a risk as I had to commit to the total batch, then CV19 hit that made me nervous and then (IMHO) poorly fitting eBay clamp on trims got increasingly popular and the users seemed happy with them.

I almost got somewhere with carbon fibre trims, but after working through the design with the supplier we found that the ford pipe centres didn’t allow enough gap for the carbon trims and the insulation layer that’s needed between them and the original tailpipe to protect the carbon over prolonged usage. I was a bit sad about that because the cost would have been OK and the batch sizes much smaller … :frown:

If it helps, I’ve been happier with the appearance of the standard trims after spending a little time refinishing them with a dremel and a 3M pad, IMHO they now look much nicer / better cared for and probably how Ford should have turned them out in the first place …

1655718567759.jpeg

1655718600564.jpeg

WD :like: