Exhaust System

Doc Holladay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 Lariat; 2020 Subaru Forester
I am doing some online research on exhaust systems mostly youtube and of course opinions are all over the place. Granted if you purchased a Steeda, Corsa, Borla they are the best because you paid good money. My deal is I want that deep throated sound, in other words I prefer the H over the X pipe. I live in a quite neighbor and the only loud noise is from a 2 wheel vehicle, Harley with straight pipes, he goes to work around 6:30, which is the neighbor hood alarm clock. Now, does anybody out there recommend cat backs? I have looked at them online just not sure what kind of sound they produce. Several of the youtube videos have the cat back with the H/X pipe, what do you think?
Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I personally love how the exhaust sounds on this already and the only thing I plan on doing slightly different than what you want on yours is I’m going to replace the resonator with a roush x pipe. I think the rest of the exhaust, even with resonator still on the car, sounds better than any stock exhaust I’ve heard.

Slicktricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach1
Why not just do a resonator delete and install a H-pipe since you said you like the deep rumble.

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I've been thinking about going with the C&L muffler delete axel back ($340) to compliment the H-Pipe I've already done. There's no going back though and toasts probably why I'm hesitant. Don't want the po po hounding me and I don't want too much drone seeing as I have a vert.

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
I'm going to drive the car for a while and see how I like the sound. From what I've read, I'll investigate the Steeda H-pipe/Resonator delete. It keeps the deep throat sound albeit a tad more loud, drops some weight and provides some additional torque.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I would do an H pipe for the deep sound.

I believe I'll do headers at a later point so I am not going to hack up my stock resonator. The axle back is amazing. I would hold onto it.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
^^^^This^^^^

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
H-pipe in whatever flavor you like + SLP LOUDMOUTH II axle backs. You'll get the sound you're looking for. Added bonus of getting rid of around 50lbs as well. Also, you can get a dual tip separately (they bolt on)

M-Driver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Have a look at the AWE Touring. I think it is the best sounding, muscle car like exhaust available for the Mustang with a nice deep growl. It also has the patented no drone technology. If it was legal in germany this would be the way I go. I still consider it anyway.

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
Have a look at the AWE Touring. I think it is the best sounding, muscle car like exhaust available for the Mustang with a nice deep growl. It also has the patented no drone technology. If it was legal in germany this would be the way I go. I still consider it anyway.
I second AWE, definitely the deepest sound aftermarket exhaust. If I wasn't getting the active exhaust on my Mach, I would go AWE all the way.
Sponsored