Sponsored

Exhaust system for verts

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
All of our standard catback and axleback systems (excluding xMOD) are compatible with both coupe and convertible.

The only real fitment difference is the center support brace on the convertible models.
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Installed a set Ford Borla Racing mufflers sounds great and runs better Steeda X Pipe is next
An added plus being that both David Borla and the folks at Steeda are very responsive to questions. I have Steeda lowering springs on the '20 ST and they greatly enhance the ride quality. The ST does not feel as top heavy in corners as it used to.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
It’s the extra bracing. Some companies do not bend the pipes with that in mind and will rub against it.
So if the manufacturers are not saying that it will fit the convertible, then I would think twice before splurging.
A4737AF9-D89E-42CA-8A51-9FC299C8A06E.jpeg
Looks like the CT scan of my ex wife's brain ................. Cuervo will get ya every time. :cwl:

jimbabwe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Convertible
For whatever reason the 18+ they only offer the catback systems which is why I was considering the Borla stingers and a custom hpipe setup to eliminate the X-pipe which will come out roughly the same as the AWE touring catback system.
That's a shame they don't offer the touring axleback for 18+. I have the AWE Touring on my '16 vert as well, and also LOVE it

Nerds 2 You

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerds2you.ca
First Name
Claudio
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mustang GT Coupe, 2018 Mustang GT PP
MBRP have a 3" cat back that will fit convertible, available with X or H pipe, options for active exhaust or not

Sponsored

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
MBRP have a 3" cat back that will fit convertible, available with X or H pipe, options for active exhaust or not
Yes, but unless they corrected them recently I've read fitment can be hit or miss on the convertibles.

392lightning

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
I am running a Magnaflow catback system on my 17 and couldn't be happier with the fitment. Plus the sound is perfect.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Curt, what's that funny looking orange thing on your front bumper ?

392lightning

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
LOL....I am guessing you are referring to my NY license plate?
Yup it sure is ugly...

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
:cwl: Yes, I am. We have a front plate law in TX. Fine is $200.00 if convicted. That has never happened to my knowledge. The law is simply a tax as it places no points on ones DL. And, the loophole is to show up at either the local JP's office or if in the city, municipal court. Ask for a court date. The judges admin will ask if the plate is on the front of the car where she can see it. As long as it's there, the ticket is dismissed. $10.00 administrative fee.:clap: Me, I had a court date set. I appealed the citation up to the third level. At that point, the circuit judge threw out the citation. At that point, the cost to the state exceeded the fine.

Sponsored

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
my 2015 GT auto 3.55 gears Vert has stainless works long tube headers with cats, stock tubing and ford resonator, and Ford Touring Axel back mufflers. the system is 4 yrs old with 20,000 miles and it is getting louder but recently has developed a terrible drone between 2200 and 2500 rpm. So bad the last 6 hour trip I stopped and and put in a pair of ear plugs!
It is still fine at lower and higher rpm's but the drone really hits when on the expressway.

Called Borla the maker of the mufflers for Ford and they think the stock resonator has failed due to the strong exhaust waves coming from the header vs the factory manifolds and stock cats.

I want to hear the car when getting on it but also want to be able to talk and use the phone on the highway.

Any suggestions and how to resolve?

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I have almost the same setup, but I have the sport mufflers and an x-pipe. Mine doesn't drone, it's just flat out f'n loud. But I don't care it's what I wanted and my car is only a toy anyway, it's not my DD

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
So what are our opts for exhaust systems. I'm trying to find a full system. Headers and full cat backs. Most things under are fastback only. What are our options? Ide like something like Corsa extreme. Also, what exactly make the exhaust system different for us convertible people? 2019 GT owner here.
Give us a call here at www.lethalperformance.com. We can find you a system that will fit your convertible. Our number is tel:1.561.753.8105.

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
Drove it last night with the Boral touring cat back including their resonator with built in H pipe internals. It turned out perfect! Still has lots of bark under hard acceleration and WOT. But at normal cruising speeds up into the 80's you can still hear the exhaust note but it is not bothersome. It has the sound of a 60's muscle car with duels back to the days of my youth! Pretty happy with the replacement.
No seat of the pants noticeable loss of power.

NotQuiteAverageJoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
Drove it last night with the Boral touring cat back including their resonator with built in H pipe internals. It turned out perfect! Still has lots of bark under hard acceleration and WOT. But at normal cruising speeds up into the 80's you can still hear the exhaust note but it is not bothersome. It has the sound of a 60's muscle car with duels back to the days of my youth! Pretty happy with the replacement.
No seat of the pants noticeable loss of power.

I'm looking at the Borla AtAK catback, but it says fitment issues with brace, what did you do to make it work?
Sponsored