Sponsored

Exhaust system for verts

TheTxPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 White GT Vert
So what are our opts for exhaust systems. I'm trying to find a full system. Headers and full cat backs. Most things under are fastback only. What are our options? Ide like something like Corsa extreme. Also, what exactly make the exhaust system different for us convertible people? 2019 GT owner here.
Sponsored

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
It’s the extra bracing. Some companies do not bend the pipes with that in mind and will rub against it.
So if the manufacturers are not saying that it will fit the convertible, then I would think twice before splurging.
A4737AF9-D89E-42CA-8A51-9FC299C8A06E.jpeg

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
There's a number of options that will work, just confirm fitment. I had a Solo system, very cool, loved it, and convertible compatible.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Instead of a full cat-back, just do an axle-back or the mufflers. That way you can reuse the factory pipes that definitely clear the convertible bracing. Also you can use any set of long tube headers that have a factory connect on it, meaning they have the slip lock connectors that connect directly to the factory cat back.

As long as you keep the factory pipes around the bracing, you can do whatever you want with the rest of the exhaust system.

I have long tube headers, an X-pipe/resonator delete, and ford racing by borla sport mufflers on my 17 GT vert

Sponsored

Spoolingitup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 TT vert, 2011 GT vert, 1991 5.0 vert,1970 M1
I just put the 3” Varex cat back on and I am working to modify the brace. When I’m done I will post it up...
EB3441FF-1E10-4E88-B4C6-2BC996C990EF.jpeg
A0B96D3A-1193-44A8-ABEA-09D968CF8FB4.jpeg
D88DF1B3-1D85-4CBE-970D-4531ED12E4AD.jpeg

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Going through the same dilemma. I really want the AWE Touring and a local exhaust shop said they could make it fit, but not sure I want to take the risk of them hacking it up and it not end up working out. I believe if you aren't opposed to bending the brace you can pretty much install whatever is made for a coupe same year/model.

I am thinking of piece-mealing mine together and going with Borla axlebacks > Corsa Hpipe. Is the pipe that comes out the muffler into the resonator 2.5" or 3" on the 18+ models?

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I believe the factory exhaust is 2.5" on the 15-20 GT's. The factory pipes are mandrel bent so reusing them is no big deal, you wont lose any power by keeping the factory pipes and just putting on mufflers.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Going through the same dilemma. I really want the AWE Touring and a local exhaust shop said they could make it fit, but not sure I want to take the risk of them hacking it up and it not end up working out. I believe if you aren't opposed to bending the brace you can pretty much install whatever is made for a coupe same year/model.

I am thinking of piece-mealing mine together and going with Borla axlebacks > Corsa Hpipe. Is the pipe that comes out the muffler into the resonator 2.5" or 3" on the 18+ models?
I have the AWE Touring axle backs On my 16 vert GT and absolutely love them. All else stock and for me, it’s absolutely perfect. And there is no drone whatsoever.

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
I have the AWE Touring axle backs On my 16 vert GT and absolutely love them. All else stock and for me, it’s absolutely perfect. And there is no drone whatsoever.
For whatever reason the 18+ they only offer the catback systems which is why I was considering the Borla stingers and a custom hpipe setup to eliminate the X-pipe which will come out roughly the same as the AWE touring catback system.

Sponsored

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
There's a number of options that will work, just confirm fitment. I had a Solo system, very cool, loved it, and convertible compatible.
Did you get rid of your car or just haven't put exhaust on the new one?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Did you get rid of your car or just haven't put exhaust on the new one?

I had it on the '16, and the intent was to remove it and maybe use it on the 18-19 I was shopping, I spoke to Solo and they said it was totally compatible, I'd probably just want to pick up some dual tips (their systems are very modular, even the resonator). I figured if I didn't wind up with AE, it would be perfect.

Well, I didn't get a chance to remove before I traded it in, hahaha, so someone got a nice aftermarket exhaust. I didn't keep my OEM setup, and I couldn't find anyone interested in a trade - plus the replacement car deal happened so quick I barely had a chance to even remove the few things I could (the dealer swapped over my wheels with the new car).

At any rate, the '19 has every option, including AE, so I wouldn't have used the exhaust anyway. I few months ago I swapped out the resonator for a Steeda H-pipe, and it's AMAZING. Maintains the active controls while adding a ton of nasty sounding growl.

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
I had it on the '16, and the intent was to remove it and maybe use it on the 18-19 I was shopping, I spoke to Solo and they said it was totally compatible, I'd probably just want to pick up some dual tips (their systems are very modular, even the resonator). I figured if I didn't wind up with AE, it would be perfect.

Well, I didn't get a chance to remove before I traded it in, hahaha, so someone got a nice aftermarket exhaust. I didn't keep my OEM setup, and I couldn't find anyone interested in a trade - plus the replacement car deal happened so quick I barely had a chance to even remove the few things I could (the dealer swapped over my wheels with the new car).

At any rate, the '19 has every option, including AE, so I wouldn't have used the exhaust anyway. I few months ago I swapped out the resonator for a Steeda H-pipe, and it's AMAZING. Maintains the active controls while adding a ton of nasty sounding growl.
I really am stuck with what to do with the exhaust on my 19. I want the AWE Touring so bad but don't want to risk it not fitting and a have a hard time finding a shop to make it custom. I love the Borla Stingers but for a convertible model it's only 2.5" and I want a 3" setup if I ever go turbo later on. Only other option I've been kicking around is buying the solo thunder and adding the new Corsa 3" double hpipe. This will give me everything I want, but afraid it will be way too loud. Could go the same route and buy the Solo Mach and swap out the x muffler for the hpipe, but not sure if it will work how I am thinking.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I really am stuck with what to do with the exhaust on my 19. I want the AWE Touring so bad but don't want to risk it not fitting and a have a hard time finding a shop to make it custom. I love the Borla Stingers but for a convertible model it's only 2.5" and I want a 3" setup if I ever go turbo later on. Only other option I've been kicking around is buying the solo thunder and adding the new Corsa 3" double hpipe. This will give me everything I want, but afraid it will be way too loud. Could go the same route and buy the Solo Mach and swap out the x muffler for the hpipe, but not sure if it will work how I am thinking.
Yeah, I'd just get something designed to work.

So all three catback systems from Solo: the Race, Thunder and XV (or I guess they're offering two for MY18+ Race / Mach XVIII) have a fully modular center section. The Race doesn't use a center resonator, it's just an X pipe, then the two other systems use either an 11" resonator or an 18" (with an internal X). So without any welding, or need for a shop to build something, you can just swap that part out. In fact, I've seen a few folks who offered a trade ("I want quieter, anyone want my Thunder center section?")

I'd assume since they're basically the same, even though the MY18 systems don't offer the 11" resonator, you could get that. That's what mine was, smaller resonator, so pretty vicious at WOT, but manageable with the throttle.

Funny enough, before I got my Solo, I scored a Steeda axle back, definitely would've hit the rear braces, didn't want to remove them, just turned around and resold them. FWIW, the Steeda and the eventual Solo I bought were both used, a lot of exhausts move through the marketplace here, it's pretty easy to score a deal :)
Sponsored