slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
@FAB Cruiser

Congrats on getting your exhaust sorted.

I've a general question to anyone who's replaced / removed their centre resonator. Do you get drone, at any load or engine speed?

I'd like a bit more sound at cruise, but not sure how to get it. Besides that I'm pleased with the standard system on my MY19 GT.

I ask as my daily is an audi B8 A4 V6. Some folk removed the centre res & found their car to be undriveable. I've modified my exhaust but I've kept the resonators.
Its improved the sound, but there's still a mild drone issue at certain revs although I kept my resonators.
I realize these are two different cars, so perhaps don't stand comparison. So I'm wondering just what are the real world results from removing the centre resonator from the GT.
Is there any drone at all or do these X & H pipes provide enhanced sound with no drone?
I fitted a Magnaflow street catback (3") which has an x-pipe. I got drone at cruising revs, made worse by being an auto and the drone being in the box's favourite rev range. If I didn't do longer journeys I'd have kept it because it sounded superb, but couldn't live with it long term. Swapped to a Borla Touring cat back (which has a resonator box); no drone. In the end you probably have to listen for yourself.
Sponsored

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Has anyone heard the resonated Scorpion or milltek exhausts? The scorpion can be had for 926 new

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t remember Borla ever doing any system for the S550 with an H pipe, otherwise l’d have bought one!
Borla Touring for 2015 Mustang resonator is an H-pipe tubing on inside...

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
To let people know we have our new Steeda catback 3" system available now. Best priced system out there on our intro price and even after intro it will still be a super price for a full catback....

You can purchase here: https://www.steeda.co.uk/steeda-s550-mustang-gt-v8-3-catback-system-2015-17-c2x28931866

Steeda-555-3615-catback-Mustang-GT-installed-zoom.jpg

Steeda-555-3615-catback-Mustang-GT-tip-zoom.jpg
Looks fantastic, do you do aresonated version? If not how loud is this compared to say a Borla S type? Im looking for old school deep burble rather than raspy. I suppose to be more clear, I love the way the car sounds when cold on a stock exhuast. If I could get that kind of volume/sound when the car is warm I would be very happy! The ÂŁ1099 price is an intro price? How long is this held for?

Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Will there be an H-Pipe version? And what type of mufflers are they? Straight through? Chambered?

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
The note on your page about autos potentially having more drone is well made. My Magnaflow 3" suffered from this.
Yes the auto thing is applicable to nearly all exhaust systems, its not a "steeda specific" thing...

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Will there be an H-Pipe version? And what type of mufflers are they? Straight through? Chambered?
Hi Jord, I dont think there is any plan for an H pipe version as we regard the X pipe as the optimal performance answer and that is Steeda focus generally...

I dont know specifics about muffler internal design..... I can ask though....

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Looks fantastic, do you do aresonated version? If not how loud is this compared to say a Borla S type? Im looking for old school deep burble rather than raspy. I suppose to be more clear, I love the way the car sounds when cold on a stock exhuast. If I could get that kind of volume/sound when the car is warm I would be very happy! The ÂŁ1099 price is an intro price? How long is this held for?
Maddog, intro price is good til at least end of year. I cant really compare personally to the Borla S type as I have no experience. However the steeda exhaust is also an X pipe system like the Borla which do tend to sound a little more raspy. If you want a not crazy loud amazing old school V8 sound I would super highly recommend the Kooks catback with H pipe we can provide. Also we have one in stock as well.... They really do sound "perfect" in my opinion.... (but everyone has a different opinion!)

Sponsored

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Maddog, intro price is good til at least end of year. I cant really compare personally to the Borla S type as I have no experience. However the steeda exhaust is also an X pipe system like the Borla which do tend to sound a little more raspy. If you want a not crazy loud amazing old school V8 sound I would super highly recommend the Kooks catback with H pipe we can provide. Also we have one in stock as well.... They really do sound "perfect" in my opinion.... (but everyone

Wow they do sound good but beyond my budget at nearly 2k! I'm swinging back to Roush axle backs these seem to give a great old school sound but I've never heard them in real life[[/QUOTE]

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - TripleYellow \ Black stripes
Wow they do sound good but beyond my budget at nearly 2k! I'm swinging back to Roush axle backs these seem to give a great old school sound but I've never heard them in real life[
You anywhere near Essex? If you are I can demo my Roush axle back with GT101 h-pipe and possibly get my brother in-law along with just Roush axle back.

Benno

Roush axle back with GT101 h-pipe:

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
You anywhere near Essex? If you are I can demo my Roush axle back with GT101 h-pipe and possibly get my brother in-law along with just Roush axle back.

Benno

Roush axle back with GT101 h-pipe:
No pal, I'm way up north in Chester! Thanks though! I'm so torn as I'm not sure I want to cut the standard system. I'm after a deep burble on tick over really, you know the old school sound. Realise these ain't ohv engines though! I think its either roush axle backs or stump up the cash for a full borla touring system! Yours sounds mega! Bet its loud on a cold start? I really dont want to piss the neighbours off with my 730am start up!!

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - TripleYellow \ Black stripes
No pal, I'm way up north in Chester! Thanks though! I'm so torn as I'm not sure I want to cut the standard system. I'm after a deep burble on tick over really, you know the old school sound. Realise these ain't ohv engines though! I think its either roush axle backs or stump up the cash for a full borla touring system! Yours sounds mega! Bet its loud on a cold start? I really dont want to piss the neighbours off with my 730am start up!!
Lol, a fair old ways from Essex.
Once I’d heard the Roush axle backs, I had no probs going with them, irrespective of cutting the original system. I only added the h-pipe as I wanted to hear it in real life and it was easily reversible if it was too loud. And it is LOUD........ But so damn addictive I can’t take it off. Cold starts are loud but all I do is drive off as soon as the engine catches so I’m not sitting noisily on the drive although usually it’s in the garage.
But at the end of the day, if for any reason I had to reverse the h-pipe, I would be more than happy with just the axle backs.

Benno

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs