Sponsored

Unsure of what to do regarding parts backlog and aftermarket options (exhaust)

Pedestrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hello,

So I've got a bit of an issue and I'm unsure of what to do.

My 2015 Mustang is financed, I've had it about 7 months and plan on keeping it for a good few years.

Recently the resonator has started rattling (known issue: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19164). Now my issue is REALLY bad, very loud and annoying. I went to Ford today who said the replacement is on backlog so are unsure on how long that will take.

Here's my issue:

I could get a H-Pipe for £200 which would sort the issue and also give a bit of a nicer sound. However, if I ever come to sell the car I'd like it all like stock, but the resonator will be broken. All my warranty on the exhaust would be void. Also since it's financed, if I give it back it HAS to be stock.

I could wait for the resonator to get in (could be months from what I've read) and be done with it.

I would like a better sound, but feel like now the resonator is holding me back :(

Also have been quoted £1079 for a full Milltek non-res setup, but again would have the same issue if I wanted stock putting back on.
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Listen to the Milltek, love it then buy it (I have one - X pipe).
When your replacement comes in ask them just to give it to you so you can keep it til you need to hand the car back. If they won't do that have them fit it but expressly tell them that the Milltek is not to be damaged and returned to you. Then you re-fit the Milltek.
That's my solution ;)

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
There are dozens of surplus nearly new stock systems sitting at places like Modurstang. I'm sure you could get a very good deal on one of them.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
There are dozens of surplus nearly new stock systems sitting at places like Modurstang. I'm sure you could get a very good deal on one of them.
This is a very good point :)

Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Mate, its a Mustang. Do what your heart says and tell your head to take a running jump!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

Get the H-pipe for £200 and whilst your at it Roush axle backs, that combination is one of the best sounding.

Let Ford get the part in for you and then when it arrives, just rock on down to the dealership with your old resonator and then take the new one away, if they start being funny just say your fitting it yourself.

Then if you ever sell the car you can sell it with original resonator and axle backs which gives the new owner the option to put them back on or not.

But trust anyone buying a Mustang V8 will be happy it has an exhaust, if anything it would help sell it. :)

OP
OP
Pedestrian

Pedestrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So I'm waiting on Ford to let me know if they can just give me the part when it comes in. Ford UK (on Facebook) said no, since warranty work has to be fitted by the dealer... So I contacted Bristol Street Motors and they're going to get back to me.

The issue I have is I can't just get stuff done, since I work in the day and don't use the car so it's a pain in the arse to get it in for work to be done.

I just want a working resonator incase I need to put it back on again! I might contact Modurstang and see what they say.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I can't see how ford can supply a resonator:confused:..

It's part of the exhaust from the cats back.... Ford dealers are not going to have the equipment or skills to weld in a new resonator.. Dealers now days are just fitters, they don't fix anything anymore, they just swap parts.

The only way you'll get a new resonator is if you get a new exhaust :)

OP
OP
Pedestrian

Pedestrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just spoke to ModURStang...

They have plenty of stock resonators with a few miles on which can go on :D

While I'm there I might as well just get the axel back on and some spacers.
Sponsored