Sponsored

Exhaust MyMode Question

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Then you just admitted you CAN save sport+ driving mode in MyMode :)... but just that 'it sounds different'. Doesn't make sense, but maybe it's true. Fortunately, that doesn't affect me at all, so you guys can keep duking that out. Ha ha. At any rate, it is what it is, so there's nothing anybody can do about MyMode. And yes, it's quite limiting.
Sponsored

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
No I said that if you try to save Sport+ in MyMode it sounds different, hence Sport+ ECU mapping is NOT saved in MyMode... so it is a bug or it is intentional (for whatever reason Ford decided to limit it). The fact that you're not interested to it, doesn't make the issue less relevant (to us.. or this thread wouldn't exists). :)

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Wait. So if I have MyMode set to Track is it not actually Track?

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Wait. So if I have MyMode set to Track is it not actually Track?
I won't bet on it, coz I never tried, but I think while the exhaust will be fully open, the ECU mapping (if it works like the Sport+) will not be the same as Track mode.

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I won't bet on it, coz I never tried, but I think while the exhaust will be fully open, the ECU mapping (if it works like the Sport+) will not be the same as Track mode.
I'll have to play around with it and see for sure. I have MyMode set to Track w/ Sport Exhaust. Next time I get in the car I'll switch between MyMode and Track proper to see if I can feel the difference in the throttle response.

Sponsored

GRNMSTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I’ve tried every combination of modes, etc. My MyMode settings are Sport+, Sport Steering, Track Exhaust.(I have magne-ride).

The car performs a bit harsher (shifts seem rougher) than when I have it in the factory Sport+ mode, but it sounds amazing. Goosing it a bit after 4K RPM before shifting in any gear provides amazing popping. Plus the idle sound of track mode definitely turns heads at stop lights. Give it a try and LMK what you’ll think.

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
I know.. I'm saying that you (apparently) cannot have the Sport+ driving mode (ECU mapping) saved in the MyMode settings, so you cannot have Sport+ with (in example) the soft steering wheel stored there.
You are correct. I tried to set sport throttle mapping with comfort steering. No can do.

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
You are correct. I tried to set sport throttle mapping with comfort steering. No can do.
That's an intended limitation (if it makes sense or not, it's another matter).
What's odd is that if you try to save the whole Sport+ or Track Mode in MyMode, the ECU map will be different.
You'd expect that changing nothing and saving the current mode (no matter what) in MyMode, and then selecting it, you would end with the same configuration of setting that mode directly.. but it's not: while everything is set like the "copied" mode (steering, exhaust vale, suspensions), the ECU map will be different and the car will drive (mostly throttle response) and will sound (you will notice the pops) differently.

I would love to drive in Sport+ mode with exhaust in Track Mode, it would be simple to save it in MyMode, but it doesn't work, while the display says you're in Sport+ mode and having the exhaust in Track Mode, the mapping is different... and the only way to have it is to set Sport+ at each start and to go in the menu to change the exhaust to Track Mode.... a pain in the a**.

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
I dont think My Mode changes the throttle at all. That is likely the sound/feeling difference.
It doesn't switch the ECU mapping, even if the drive mode saved and shown on the display is Sport+ or Track. I don't think it's an intended feature (because I don't find a logic behind it), it looks like more a bug or a software restriction.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It doesn't switch the ECU mapping, even if the drive mode saved and shown on the display is Sport+ or Track. I don't think it's an intended feature (because I don't find a logic behind it), it looks like more a bug or a software restriction.
I see it as more the actual "Mode" changes the throttle and the settings. My Mode ONLY changes the surrounding settings. There is no way to toggle JUST the throttle, and its illogical to tie it to the suspension, steering or the exhaust.

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
I see it as more the actual "Mode" changes the throttle and the settings. My Mode ONLY changes the surrounding settings. There is no way to toggle JUST the throttle, and its illogical to tie it to the suspension, steering or the exhaust.
My Mode isn't supposed to save the "surrounding" settings, it's supposed to save the current setting to have a custom combinations of settings that isn't offered by the stock ones.

If you're in Sport+ and you try to save it as is (without changing anything), My Mode settings shown on the display will reflect all the Sport+ settings:

Driving Mode: S+
Suspension: Sport
Exhaust: Sport

...then you think that the My Mode you just saved is actually a "copy" of the Sport+ ...but it's not, it will be something like:

Driving Mode (ECU): Normal

...despite the fact that the settings shown are the same as the Sport+ Mode.
I still do not understand why they didn't decided to save it properly, that is the usefulness of having a Customized settings.
In example I like to drive in Sport+ but with exhaust set to Track... and I can't save this in My Mode, every time I need to switch to Sport+ and then use the menu to change the exhaust.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
My Mode isn't supposed to save the "surrounding" settings, it's supposed to save the current setting to have a custom combinations of settings that isn't offered by the stock ones.

If you're in Sport+ and you try to save it as is (without changing anything), My Mode settings shown on the display will reflect all the Sport+ settings:

Driving Mode: S+

...then you think that the My Mode you just saved is actually a "copy" of the Sport+ ...but it's not, it will be something like:

Driving Mode (ECU): Normal

...despite the fact that the settings shown are the same as the Sport+ Mode.
I still do not understand why they didn't decided to save it properly, that is the usefulness of having a Customized settings.
In example I like to drive in Sport+ but with exhaust set to Track... and I can't save this in My Mode, every time I need to switch to Sport+ and then use the menu to change the exhaust.

I think you're misunderstanding My Mode... ALL you are doing is making a custom Mode with NORAML as your starting point. I was never confused about this and found it pretty clear and obvious.

At NO point did I think setting all the My Mode options to Sport+ was the SAME as Sport+ mode simply because there is NO throttle toggle. And based on my experience with nearly every other car with toggled settings, this may be LEGALLY limited to a specific setting/Driving mode. I've not driven in any car that let me change ONLY the throttle setting.

It is implemented properly the ONLY way to get what YOU want is if they added a Throttle option that you can toggle. Which they have not, and from what I can tell legally may not be allowed to do just like how they are not allowed to have your preferred Mode be the default.

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
I think you're misunderstanding My Mode... ALL you are doing is making a custom Mode with NORAML as your starting point. I was never confused about this and found it pretty clear and obvious.
If it's "NORMAL" as starting point, why when you go in the menu to save it, it's actually listed the current driving mode as one of the parameters you're going to save?

You literally see on the top left:

Driving: NORMAL / S+ / TRACK
...then all the other settings..

"PRESS OK TO SAVE"

It's not me "misunderstanding" what's I'm going to "SAVE", it's the display that is showing the wrong information.

At NO point did I think setting all the My Mode options to Sport+ was the SAME as Sport+ mode simply because there is NO throttle toggle.
It's not just the throttle, it's the whole ECU mapping (fuel enrichment, advance timing, etc.).
The current mode is actually shown as the first info in the My Mode saving screen (see above), but it's wrong, or to be exact despite what's written there, it's not saved.

And based on my experience with nearly every other car with toggled settings, this may be LEGALLY limited to a specific setting/Driving mode. I've not driven in any car that let me change ONLY the throttle setting.
See above, it's not the throttle settings, it's the whole ECU mapping. Plus I don't want to change the throttle settings, I want it to be the same as the Sport+ ...I want to change the exhaust setting, saving the setting to fully open (track mode) while driving in Sport+ mode.

It is implemented properly the ONLY way to get what YOU want is if they added a Throttle option that you can toggle. Which they have not, and from what I can tell legally may not be allowed to do just like how they are not allowed to have your preferred Mode be the default.
I don't know why you insist with the throttle... I want to change the exhaust setting while being in Sport+, something that I can already do by setting it in the menu every time I start the car, but I can't save it.. and it makes no sense, did you got it?

Even more odd is that I can save this:

Driving Mode: Normal
Exhaust: Track

but I can't save this:

Driving Mode: Sport+
Exhaust: Track

...if you didn't got it now, I dunno how to explain it.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I have my mode as follows and really enjoy it.

Start with Drag Strip Mode, toggle exhaust to quiet and steering to comfort.

This keeps the dash and more aggressive throttle response of the drag strip mode, quieter exhaust and most comfortable steering.

After 9 months with the car, I've spent a ton of time in all the modes and playing around, and my favorite dash mode is the track/drag, but the track mode shuts off TC, so Drag works. Definitely keeps the more aggressive throttle response, no idea on the mapping. I set it up that way and my wife calls it BMW mode. I like this mode, as it allows you to hear a balance of exhaust/intake and the mechanical song of the Coyote.

When I want more noise, it is just a tip away.

The quiet mode is truly quiet when driving sedately, but has a nice growl when running full tilt.

As others have mentioned, when trying to save the sport or track exhaust mode in my mode, it seems quieter. There is however clear throttle response differences saved in my mode, but without a diag tool hooked up with live reading capability, there is no way to use the but dyno to guess which mapping is being used.
Sponsored