Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
If the above is true, here are your part numbers based on my 2020 Euro :

1634544738638.jpeg

1634544762489.jpeg

But I would be very, very careful using those numbers in the states …

I wouldn’t want anyone ordering those and then for the reasons I alluded to above (operational and wiring differences), finding they are not plug and play on a USDM car.

If I was stateside and really wanted the euro look, I would either wait for Ford to issue part numbers for the ICE / Stealth editions or I would be looking at the Vlands :like:

WD :like:
I agree. The connector plugs for the euro spec will be different. Yours have the euro safety logos embossed vs the US DOT markings on ours. Now that Ford has clear taillights, I would simply buy those if I already did not have the Vland. In fact, I may still do that and sell the Vlands. That way if there should ever be an electrical issue, Ford cannot point a finger.
Sponsored

OP
OP

regachoz01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Yeah, i just got the renegade euro tail light from Cjpony. It’s nice and fits perfectly, but I’m returning them because they’re straight. I’m gonna go with s550 once i get the refund

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Heh .............. In CA, I'd most definitely get the clear Ford taillights. The C H P can get get real snarky I've heard

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have the Renegade Tail Lights i bought through LMR. They fit great and are DOT approved.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Sadly, after less than eight months one of my EPM tail lights has started acting up. Sometimes the position lamp doesn't light up at all. Other times it does light up, but one of the bars oscillates very quickly between position light and brake light (although the brakes are not applied). Other times two amber bars light up as a position light instead of three red ones. The turn signal sometimes consists of one blinking bar instead of three sequential ones. This happens quite rarely, maybe once every few days, and goes away quickly, so I couldn't film it. But I can't trust these lamps anymore. Who knows how long it's gonna be before it starts behaving like this all the time, and then perhaps the second lamp follows suit?
It's probably not the lamp itself, but the electronic control module.
I guess when it comes to sensitive electronics you just can't trust aftermarket items. There's a reason why OEM stuff costs an arm and a leg (not that the EPM were cheap, mind you). :frown:

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

regachoz01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Sadly, after less than eight months one of my EPM tail lights has started acting up. Sometimes the position lamp doesn't light up at all. Other times it does light up, but one of the bars oscillates very quickly between position light and brake light (although the brakes are not applied). Other times two amber bars light up as a position light instead of three red ones. The turn signal sometimes consists of one blinking bar instead of three sequential ones. This happens quite rarely, maybe once every few days, and goes away quickly, so I couldn't film it. But I can't trust these lamps anymore. Who knows how long it's gonna be before it starts behaving like this all the time, and then perhaps the second lamp follows suit?
It's probably not the lamp itself, but the electronic control module.
I guess when it comes to sensitive electronics you just can't trust aftermarket items. There's a reason why OEM stuff costs an arm and a leg. Not that the EPM were cheap, mind you. :frown:
What brand do you have again?

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
ExoticPonyMods, a.k.a. EPM. I believe they're Australian. They're quite expensive, and EPM brags about the utmost quality of the Osram LEDs they use in their lamps, as opposed to the competition. And I must say that they are indeed very well built, they look great, they're practically indistinguishable from OEM quality in all respects. But what good is all that if the electronics fail in less than one year...

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
ExoticPonyMods, a.k.a. EPM. I believe they're Australian.
You're correct. And you're not the only one!
There is a couple of Danish S550 owners who has experienced the very same thing and sadly they had a hell of a fight with EPM about replacing the parts.

I know this doesn't help out a lot but more to prepare you for the fight that might come

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I didn't buy them directly from EPM, but from a German distributor, who specializes in parts and accessories for American muscle cars and has a good reputation. I may have more luck with them, partly because of their reputation, and partly because I believe that in Europe a one year warranty is legally mandated. But we'll see. I've contacted them. We'll see what they respond.

Sadly, EPM seems to be the only one who offers a red housing while still retaining an amber signal. Vland, as far as I know, only do clear and smoked, don't they?

Last edited:

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Sadly, EPM seems to be the only one who offers a red housing while still retaining an amber signal. Vland, as far as I know, only do clear and smoked, don't they?

I completely understand that you don't want an other set - it just seems like pushing the problem and get struck by it again.

all 3 Danish owners that I am aware of bought it directly from EPM on instagram, so yeah - you should be more lucky getting a replacement or refund.

About the color - you are able to get Vland in red! :like: So they come in clear/smoke/red.
You might be able to find something closer or at a better price when searching from your own location but 5 seconds on Amazon gave me this:
Vland - Clear or Red

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Wow, these must be new. I know I went with EPM, which were double the price of Vlands, precisely because Vland didn't offer red ones at the time.
Besides, if memory serves, Vland used to mention that mode changing didn't work on 2020+ vehicles. I don't see this notice in the description anymore, which seems to indicated that they've solved the issue in the meantime.
Early Vland lamps used to suffer from a glitch where the turn signal would only start blinking on the second beat if you turned it on while braking. I wonder if this is still the case.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Drag them into this thread and see if they will do the right thing :like:

@ExoticPonyMods

They have not been active for a while, but send them an email with a link to this thread.

WD :like:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
No, since I didn't buy directly from them, they're under no obligation to do anything for me. I'll have to sort this out with the distributor, who I'm sure will get in touch with me soon.
What they could help me with would be to tell me what exactly it is in these modules that tends to fail so quickly. Armed with a bit of info I could maybe find someone who's good with electronics and could fix it. But that's a long shot.

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
Hi Vlad, I've probably got the same epm models as you have, maybe same distributor (velocity?). Initially one of the modules had a defect causing a short in the circuit, so I had to restart the BdyCM in order to reset the FET E-Fuse. They've sent me a replacement without delay and were quite helpful. just send them a description of the defect. mine are still working good so far.