Euro Tail Lights ?

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Trying to scoop a pair of euro tail lights for my 20 GT this weekend/cyber monday

I would like to get the 18+ version, IMO the curves look better compare to the straight up and down ones. But all the ones I find they don't say DOT approved since I'm in Cali. Only the 15+ say DOT.
I looked up Vland and they seem good, I don't need the 5 mode version since I would never drive with amber colored lights and they seem to be made in China? Don't want to take the risk of them taking a poo on me without noticing till a cop pulls me over....

Anyone have these? Where did you order them from? Are yours DOT stamped? Thanks!
Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Vland are good ,not heard anyone that I know having issues with them ,there good quality, also I had issues with a stock s550 taillight on my 2015 that stop working because it was not sealed right and it was factory.

zhent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Vlands. No cop is going to give you any grief over them. I honestly don't remember if they have DOT stamped on them, but I think they do. I recommend the 5 mode ones. You don't drive with the ambers, they're just used in the turn signals.

51279563426_a5cb4e458d_b.jpg

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I have the Vlands. No cop is going to give you any grief over them. I honestly don't remember if they have DOT stamped on them, but I think they do. I recommend the 5 mode ones. You don't drive with the ambers, they're just used in the turn signals.

Nice hitch...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt

Do you remember where you ordered yours from?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Are there any of these "Euro-style" tail lights that don't need to connect into the top brake light? Why do they need this? I have had my car interior apart 2x and I'm not too crazy about doing it a third time for that connection.

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Are there any of these "Euro-style" tail lights that don't need to connect into the top brake light? Why do they need this? I have had my car interior apart 2x and I'm not too crazy about doing it a third time for that connection.
why did you take the interior apart? it takes hardly 10 minutes to wire the 3rd brake light and just tuck it under the side felt covers. well here is my 2018+ euro and it does say DOT SAE on bottom left side.

112ECEB1-288E-42CF-9916-9E3B5D2DEBB1.jpeg

OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I just looked it up, if you sit in the back seats and pull the headliner donmwn just a tad you'll see a small wire connector, just unplug it and snap in the new harness and connect and your done. I'm about to pull the trigger on the Vland ones straight from their website for 450$

OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thank you for that vid. Now I see why you need to connect the yellow wire. But I wonder why they couldn't just use the brake signal in the tail-light harness.

OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I can’t get the it post the link to work but they are D O T

AEDA4907-D394-43CA-9DCB-F77FBF295CFD.png
Oooo where's this from? Cheaper the Vlands website

OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Thank you for that vid. Now I see why you need to connect the yellow wire. But I wonder why they couldn't just use the brake signal in the tail-light harness.
I would be taking a wild guess since I'm not too familiar when it comes to wiring, my guess is since they switch from 2 different colors it probably needs 2 different sources of "programming" from different wires

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I got mine from I5 Autohaus. I tried the Vlands, but for some reason they werent fitting quite right. As far as DOT they are totally legal as long as they light up red.
Sponsored