ESS supercharger

jakefed4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium
Hey everyone I have a 2017 manual mustang gt FBO Lund tune. I’m getting the ESS g2 super charger soon and running the 115 9psi pulley. I’ve never driven a car faster then mine and mine makes 460 wheel. I was wondering if I could get any insight on how it is to daily a 650 hp supercharged manual mustang. I consider my self an above average driver I have great control over the car now. Will I have to be concerned about spinning out all the time. I know that boost is built slower with centrifugal superchargers but I’m new to the boost game with mustangs and want to know what I should expect. When I have fun in my car it’s mostly in a straight line but I do like taking turns and what not pretty hard. I know you can’t change PSI without changing pulley but would Lund be able to make me a tune that isn’t that powerful and one that is the full 650 wheel. Also what suspension mods would you guys recommend. I don’t launch my car often. Right now I have steeda progressive springs. I plan on getting the Mickey Thompson drag radials for when I want to have some fun with the car. I don’t need a fully built suspension by any means but what should be done at the power level to hook up nicely on 40 rolls and up and have a decent amount of grip.
Sponsored

gcadorette13

PoopStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I decent set of tires will hook on a 40. Maybe some rear shocks to help prevent the car from bouncing all around. LUND might turn it down if you ask, or you can start with a larger pulley. 115 with all the supporting mods will prob make 650 ish +. Also if you don't want to make as much power you can shift the car earlier.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
A G2 will drive pretty much like stock down low. When you let her eat, the boost will be very linear and as long as you don't use the gas pedal like an on/off switch, you'll get used to it pretty quickly if you are as good as you say. The one thing I would tell you is, if your budget allows it, just go with the G3. It's a much better bang for your buck.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Hey everyone I have a 2017 manual mustang gt FBO Lund tune. I’m getting the ESS g2 super charger soon and running the 115 9psi pulley. I’ve never driven a car faster then mine and mine makes 460 wheel. I was wondering if I could get any insight on how it is to daily a 650 hp supercharged manual mustang. I consider my self an above average driver I have great control over the car now. Will I have to be concerned about spinning out all the time. I know that boost is built slower with centrifugal superchargers but I’m new to the boost game with mustangs and want to know what I should expect. When I have fun in my car it’s mostly in a straight line but I do like taking turns and what not pretty hard. I know you can’t change PSI without changing pulley but would Lund be able to make me a tune that isn’t that powerful and one that is the full 650 wheel. Also what suspension mods would you guys recommend. I don’t launch my car often. Right now I have steeda progressive springs. I plan on getting the Mickey Thompson drag radials for when I want to have some fun with the car. I don’t need a fully built suspension by any means but what should be done at the power level to hook up nicely on 40 rolls and up and have a decent amount of grip.
From everything I have read and researched for the last 2 years, their kit besides needing almost zero modifications for the Install, seems to be a very straight forward install and everyone who runs them says they run like their car ran N/A. BUT: The person you pay for the custom tune will make or break how it runs. Good luck

Sponsored

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
You’ll be fine to daily it.. get it and enjoy it. You won’t regret it.

K Myers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
A G2 will drive pretty much like stock down low. When you let her eat, the boost will be very linear and as long as you don't use the gas pedal like an on/off switch, you'll get used to it pretty quickly if you are as good as you say. The one thing I would tell you is, if your budget allows it, just go with the G3. It's a much better bang for your buck.
Screenshot_20240403_211649_Google.jpg
Sponsored