ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Just ran it fairly hard with the hose, no issues showed up. But be quite hard to hold onto that hose and feel the pressure while driving.
What problems could it mean?
Not sure but if it built up enough pressure to rip that breather off there might be some blow-by issues??? It could also cause valve covers to start leaking . Did the hose seem like it spat out any oil?

Tape a balloon to the hose and see if it expands. If it makes balloon animals you have a new gig :) j/k (sorta)
Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
@jmagnus87 it may have happened due to over tightening the clamp on the breather. Shortly after installing mine I noticed the driver side appeared crooked. A closer look reveled the rubber to be broken through due to over tightening. Tossed a new one on and all is good.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Not sure but if it built up enough pressure to rip that breather off there might be some blow-by issues??? It could also cause valve covers to start leaking . Did the hose seem like it spat out any oil?

Tape a balloon to the hose and see if it expands. If it makes balloon animals you have a new gig :) j/k (sorta)
After putting the hose on while idling i didn't feel anything coming out of it.
@LOL WUT
The clamp was indeed pretty tight, the material was cut into the ribs of the clamp, I'll get another one and try it. Thanks! They're pretty cheap so no big deal

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
After putting the hose on while idling i didn't feel anything coming out of it.
@LOL WUT
The clamp was indeed pretty tight, the material was cut into the ribs of the clamp, I'll get another one and try it. Thanks! They're pretty cheap so no big deal
I like @LOL WUT answer better.

Is that your driver's side? If so you might consider the Ford Performance air/oil separator made for the GT350. It's pricey but I really like the way these looks under the hood.

Ford Performance air/oil separator Driver side

You will need this hose from Ebay (or at least I did)

clip on hose

20230603_192728.jpg

20230603_192739.jpg

Last edited:

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
yeah it's the driver's side so not even the dirty side one lol but either way, i realistically just need to stop being cheap and buy a true catch can setup *shrugs* ill do it soon enough lol

Sponsored

blakeman8192

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT, 2021 Tesla M3P
Anyone running water/meth on an ESS kit? Nearest station with E85 is over an hour away from me so I'm looking to run a Snow kit just as a safety net, but I'm not sure which nozzle size to run.

My goal is ~700whp on 93 with a G3 kit, 120mm pulley, on a gen3 coyote. My tuner (Wengerd) recommended I ask on the forums because he doesn't have too many guys running meth and hasn't heard back from the person he asked.

Ant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150 STX Sport Crew Cab 4x4
I donā€™t think Iā€™ve posted in here yet but a couple of weeks ago I got my ESS on. G2, G3 intercooler, 120mm, GT500 injectors, Lethal BAP. Very nice kit. Tuned by Wengerd. I only drive the car on nice weather days so itā€™s plenty of power for me.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Anyone running water/meth on an ESS kit? Nearest station with E85 is over an hour away from me so I'm looking to run a Snow kit just as a safety net, but I'm not sure which nozzle size to run.

My goal is ~700whp on 93 with a G3 kit, 120mm pulley, on a gen3 coyote. My tuner (Wengerd) recommended I ask on the forums because he doesn't have too many guys running meth and hasn't heard back from the person he asked.
@junits15 you think you could help this gentleman out? I know you are installing meth on your n/a car and could probably give some guidance.

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat

I'm curious about this as well, I've got no E85 around me and would like to add the meth kit for summertime safety around here. I was looking at the Snow Stg 2 kit, but I've not pulled the trigger yet.

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
@junits15 you think you could help this gentleman out? I know you are installing meth on your n/a car and could probably give some guidance.
I can give a little guidance but I havenā€™t fully installed the kit or verified the gains. So I canā€™t say if it will work as good as e85. Iā€™m in the same situation as @blakeman8192, no e85 at all near me.

what I can tell you that is you want the best of the best WMI controllers to look into the Syvecs WMI controller. Iā€™m currently working with them to try and get full direct to ECU CAN bus support for the mustang, which would (hopefully) allow the car to go into limp mode if a system failure was detected, and allow injection based on calculated engine torque instead of just MAF.

Iā€™m documenting my build slowly as it happens.

hit me up if you have any direct questions, I made a buy sheet of all the parts Iā€™m going to be using as well as where to buy them.

Sponsored

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
OMG yeah, just doing my half throttle pulls for datalogging and man it's a riot! Makes me giggle like a little school girl
Still happens to me a year later. And I haven't even been to the dyno yet!

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
My first few pulls in second we're just ripping the tires off at half throttle... i have 345 wide nitto invo in the rear šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
So i switched to 3rd gear pulls, had more traction, but didn't have time to look at mph but when it was around 6000rpm, my brembos were struggling for the first time ever ROFL
When I was doing my first real pulls on the highway data logging, I was hitting traction control at 7k rpm in 3rd. Insane. And that's with the bottom kit and no other mods to the car.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_Ricky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
When I was doing my first real pulls on the highway data logging, I was hitting traction control at 7k rpm in 3rd. Insane. And that's with the bottom kit and no other mods to the car.
So leave traction control on for the pulls?

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_Ricky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
For data logging turn off so tuner can see what is going on. I actually normally drive with it on. The car is scary with it off! šŸ˜³
Yeah I always leave it on lol TC off is going to be nuts
Sponsored