Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Install complete in 8 hours. Had to use a slightly bigger belt(K061037) as I wasnt able to install the one provided(K061033). Tension seems good with K061037, dunno if probably my19 has a slightly larger balancer...

1635614807587332166583457027703.jpg
Sponsored

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Took a few drives with the car. Shoutout to @Wengerd Performance for fine tuning it with just one datalog. Car runs awesome. Daryle is the man!

The 125mm pulley is just perfect for street driving, no need for more power lol
Street tires already struggle with this pulley from a dig. Even launching in 2nd car is a rocket ship and tries to go sideways in the top end 2nd. Its the perfect power for road course and spirited driving with good street tires.
If you're not into drag or roll racing this is just perfect.
Will take it to the dyno next Saturday to check the numbers.
Thanks again @Brevin_G4_SS for your support through the process and expediting shipping.

Tips for install: I found myself more comfortable putting the belt on before the plumbing to have better access so I inverted that part of the instruction manual.
The unit is very easy to overfill with oil. I did it and probably compromised the cap o-ring. Put 3/4 of a bottle and let it sit a little bit before measuring with the dipstick.

Observations: the K061033 is too short for the 125mm pulley on a my19 I couldnt put it on even with tensioner fully pulled. The K061037 went in tight but perfect, tensioner is at 50-60% with this belt on. I suspect there's slight variances between MY so this could explain why one size doesnt fit all.

Here's a video of how it sounds at idle. I went for the helical gears but they're definitely not as quiet as I thought lol. However, I love it. I had a borla switchfire installed before the supercharger and the sound was a bit tinny before the SC, now its just sweet!

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Took a few drives with the car. Shoutout to @Wengerd Performance for fine tuning it with just one datalog. Car runs awesome. Daryle is the man!

Street tires already struggle with this pulley from a dig. Even launching in 2nd car is a rocket ship and tries to go sideways in the top end 2nd. Its the perfect power for road course and spirited driving with good street tires.
Thanks again @Brevin_G4_SS for your support through the process and expediting shipping.

Tips for install: I found myself more comfortable putting the belt on before the plumbing to have better access so I inverted that part of the instruction manual.
The unit is very easy to overfill with oil. I did it and probably compromised the cap o-ring. Put 3/4 of a bottle and let it sit a little bit before measuring with the dipstick.

Observations: the K061033 is too short for the 125mm pulley on a my19 I couldnt put it on even with tensioner fully pulled. The K061037 went in tight but perfect, tensioner is at 50-60% with this belt on. I suspect there's slight variances between MY so this could explain why one size doesnt fit all.

Here's a video of how it sounds at idle. I went for the helical gears but they're definitely not as quiet as I thought lol. However, I love it. I had a borla switchfire installed before the supercharger and the sound was a bit tinny before the SC, now its just sweet!

G2 or G3?

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80

XakwardX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt magnetic grey

do you have to call to add the helical gears? I don’t see it as an option on the website.

Sponsored

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
do you have to call to add the helical gears? I don’t see it as an option on the website.
Helical is standard, just need to let them know if you want them straight cut.
When you place the order there's notes where you can add any extra.

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Started my e85 tune and installed a boost gauge yesterday.
IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg
Any chance you will have some updated 60-130 or 1/4 times once the e85 tune is dialed in? Looking forward to seeing what it does.

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
Yes sir, definitely get some 60-130 times. Love to go under 5.5 with this 7.5 psi pulley. Still waiting on my drag pack from VMS before I get some 1/8 or 1/4 mile times.

Any chance you will have some updated 60-130 or 1/4 times once the e85 tune is dialed in? Looking forward to seeing what it does.

Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
60-130 hit this morning 800ft DA

ESS G3 7.5 PSI pulley 93 octane

How do you like your system so far? This is the same ESS Set up I am looking at. Drivability on street I hear is really good. Thanks

Last edited:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Don’t understand what your asking?
Sorry for the confusion. This ESS System is the same as to what I am looking at. Any Feedback for likes, dislikes ETC would be great. Hope your enjoying. Thanks
Sponsored