Sponsored

Engine dies randomly!!?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So I do know how to recreate the issue where the car shuts off at least for the manual transmissions. For me it happens on 1st start ups or when I've been driving and go to the pump then start the car again, and when you take off in 1st gear give it 30 to 50% throttle or just a quick acceleration (no need to shift) then push in the clutch and RPM will drop down to 0. Happens Everytime.
Sounds like maybe the gas tank is being over filled and saturating the evaporator canister, which could cause an over rich fuel condition.

After it does it a couple of times after a gas fill-up does it stop doing it?
Sponsored

My 1st GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bone stock 2015 Mustang GT
Sounds like maybe the gas tank is being over filled and saturating the evaporator canister, which could cause an over rich fuel condition.

After it does it a couple of times after a gas fill-up does it stop doing it?
Actually let me clarify a bit, it doesn't have anything to do with the gas that was a bad example. If I start up the car cruise somewhere without giving it medium or full throttle it's fine. I noticed it's when I give it medium to full throttle and push in the clutch for the 1st time after startup it will turn off. Hope that clarifies things a little.

RUN RICH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP
It’s one to live with and definitely allusive. It’s just a random, unsafe occurrence that happens with a frequency that’s far and few in between.

My ecu was reflashed twice and it still happened. In three years it maybe happened a total of five times.

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My 2019 GT MT82 did this very same thing about a month ago with 15,000 miles. Shoved clutch completely coming up to a stop light, put car in neutral and continued to brake...car didn’t even try to catch idle and just stalled. Car fired right back up without hesitation.

Only happened once and hasn’t given me any issues since. Definitely strange for sure!

My 1st GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bone stock 2015 Mustang GT
My 2019 GT MT82 did this very same thing about a month ago with 15,000 miles. Shoved clutch completely coming up to a stop light, put car in neutral and continued to brake...car didn’t even try to catch idle and just stalled. Car fired right back up without hesitation.

Only happened once and hasn’t given me any issues since. Definitely strange for sure!
Now this is just pathetic that it's still happening with the newer models with Manuals.

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower

Not going to call user error but I can get any manual trans car to do that.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I am having issues with my 15GT doing the stumbling when coming to a stop and acting like its missing when I take off from time to time after the stumble happens. I have noticed it seems to be after driving the car for a while before it does it. It does have a tune on it (for about 2 years now) and I did reload the tune and bumped the idle up higher (750 I believe is stock idle) was at 650. When it was at 650 it would die when I come to a stop from time to time. The best comparison I can give is like if you have bad gas. Only been happning for about 6 months and I got 93k on the clock. Its rightly pissing me off though that's for sure.
UPDATE: I changed the plugs - no success ... cleaned the MAF and filter - no success ... going to throw the stock airbox and tune on tonight and see if it still is an issue. If it still does it then I guess I will have to visit the stealership and ask about this TSB ... TSB 15-0128 - https://ford.oemdtc.com/1263/idle-dip-or-loss-of-rpm-with-clutch-pedal-depressed-2015-ford-mustang This is a seriously aggravating issue.

Last edited:

csolas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I had the same issue after I tuned my car with Lund tune. After a revision it never happened again. Check your tune!!!

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
I had the same issue after I tuned my car with Lund tune. After a revision it never happened again. Check your tune!!!
Yes, this happened 2 times on my Lund tune, seems to happen more commonly with people who have the 10 speed. After a ton of trial and error and logs, Lund set my idle to 950RPM. It's much more stable now!

20mustang16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave Deluca
Vehicle(s)
2019. Mustang gt pp2 D.O.A. LEMON
My 2019 MUSTANG PP2 GT is doing the same exact thing stalling out coming to a stop, and also codes aswell no blind spot , no hill assist , air bag bolster, it's been to the dealer 3 times now the first 2 times they said they could not get it to repeat this issue yesterday I took it back took a FORD QUALITY control guy for a ride it died 3 times with him in the car he had a scanner hooked up to it aswell nothing showed up on the scanner why it died this car has 400 miles on it I special ordered it and now I'm wondering just wtf is going on checking out this thread sounds like it's a issue and Ford has no idea how to fix it , I'm giving them a week to figure it out .

Sponsored

Rams01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2001 Camaro 1200rw, 2015 Silverado
Cam phasers had to be reset/replaced at 6500 miles. No more dying issues or hunting for idle when coming to a stop. Been issue free for a whole week now. Used to be an issue daily.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
It's a mathematical computation with a clutch car. Like I said not trying to imply user error but it you brake the car in gear below a certain rpm it will stall. So,etimes things happen quick and the timing of disengagement and speed aren't in synch

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It's a mathematical computation with a clutch car. Like I said not trying to imply user error but it you brake the car in gear below a certain rpm it will stall. So,etimes things happen quick and the timing of disengagement and speed aren't in synch
I agree 100% if the car is in gear but as my original post stated...took car out of gear (neutral) continued braking and car stalled.
Sponsored