Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Seems like it's still open.........
It is. Why would it be closed? :shrug:

To summarize thus far:

- Don't mod your car under warranty if you can't afford to fix it
- Modding a 2015 ecoboost is more of a gamble than a 2016+
- Don't put a tune in your car that has to be changed out when it drops below 60 degrees.

Anything else?

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
It is. Why would it be closed? :shrug:

To summarize thus far:

- Don't mod your car under warranty if you can't afford to fix it
- Modding a 2015 ecoboost is more of a gamble than a 2016+
- Don't put a tune in your car that has to be changed out when it drops below 60 degrees.

Anything else?
Nah.

was he running a 93 or e30 tune?

Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
The thing is I saw few threads here and other forums, which was talking about blown engine without any mods. This is why I am kinda afraid to go back to stock engine. But I love my car, so I want to keep my 2.3 Mustang. Of course, if everything is stock, the chance of getting blown engine is lower than the engine with mods though.

Are they giving you a Spain built 2015 engine (with the supposedly "bad" rods) or are they giving you a Cleveland 2015-2017 engine? The Spain ones were allegedly built poorly and when they moved manufacturing to the USA (Murica!), they changed part numbers or a few things, one of which are the rods (which were the cause of a few of these ecobooms on the forums). Someone please correct me if Im wrong. That is heavy evidence as to why newer models havent blown up. Of course there is always the occasional lemon. I am assuming they would at least give u an engine with the new part numbers. You should be fine if u go with a stock engine. If you dont care about warranty, then all power to you to get the upgraded block. And no more winter/summer tune! Its easy to forget I am sure.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Sorry to hear about the engine failure OP. While being a proponent of a built engine, the factory warranty that you would get back is a solid investment. Is that power train or full?

OP
OP
hipporo

hipporo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Koji
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 RubyRed
was he running a 93 or e30 tune?
I was running a 93 tune.

Are they giving you a Spain built 2015 engine (with the supposedly "bad" rods) or are they giving you a Cleveland 2015-2017 engine? The Spain ones were allegedly built poorly and when they moved manufacturing to the USA (Murica!), they changed part numbers or a few things, one of which are the rods (which were the cause of a few of these ecobooms on the forums). Someone please correct me if Im wrong. That is heavy evidence as to why newer models havent blown up. Of course there is always the occasional lemon. I am assuming they would at least give u an engine with the new part numbers. You should be fine if u go with a stock engine. If you dont care about warranty, then all power to you to get the upgraded block. And no more winter/summer tune! Its easy to forget I am sure.
Hope they give me a Cleaveland one if I decide going with the stock. I haven't decided yet... By the end of today, I have to decide since car rental is not cheap... :(

Sorry to hear about the engine failure OP. While being a proponent of a built engine, the factory warranty that you would get back is a solid investment. Is that power train or full?
I think it is power train only but I'm not sure. I will check with the dealership about that.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
How convenient that all a tuner has to say about blowing your 15 up is, darn, daggone rod bolts got another one.

So, how many times has Livernois had to pull that excuse out with their tune? Hmmmm, let's see, oh yes, ZERO.

There is nothing wrong with the 15's other than a LOT of tuners were trying to figure out how to tune on customers dime. Same deal the cobra got, same deal 3V got and same deal coyote got.

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
damn man.. tough loss.. im on a tight budget right now and im really on the edge about selling the eco and getting something reliable like a 5.0 f-150 .. i too have a valencia engine

Sponsored

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
damn man.. tough loss.. im on a tight budget right now and im really on the edge about selling the eco and getting something reliable like a 5.0 f-150 .. i too have a valencia engine
Enjoy your Ecoboost and do not listen to all this internet BS.Do you want some proof how tough a 2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost that is tuned properly as follows:
Perfweld is a member of this forum(True)
2015 Ford Ecoboost Mustang(True)
2015 factory original motor with mods(True)
Over 20,000 miles(True)
Over 200 runs at the race track(True)
Runs low 10:90s ET(True)
:ford:

DontoMelbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future EB Vert
Enjoy your Ecoboost and do not listen to all this internet BS.Do you want some proof how tough a 2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost that is tuned properly as follows:
Perfweld is a member of this forum(True)
2015 Ford Ecoboost Mustang(True)
2015 factory original motor with mods(True)
Over 20,000 miles(True)
Over 200 runs at the race track(True)
Runs low 10:90s ET(True)
:ford:
Are you sure that's all true? I thought for last year he had in a built short block since making serious power and his original engine is now being turned into a monster via Esslinger.

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
my car has 32K ..

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Are you sure that's all true? I thought for last year he had in a built short block since making serious power and his original engine is now being turned into a monster via Esslinger.
He did build a race motor,but all the above facts are true and was accomplished using the original motor that came in his 2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost from the factory.
I hope perfweld will post and give us a update on his new race motor!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
He did build a race motor,but all the above facts are true and was accomplished using the original motor that came in his 2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost from the factory.
Are you sure? I think he ran the 10.90 on the built motor right?
Sponsored