Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Hello all,
Just came back from ordering my new M1 and I didn’t go with the additional expense of the elite package. For those without, do you wish you would have and for those that do, was it worth the cost of admission?
Thanks for the input, I have a week to change my order.
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I ordered it with my car. I’d say it was worth it, I think? I wanted a car with all the options so I didn’t have any regrets later on. I don’t really listen to the radio all that much but I think it’s a noticeable upgrade over the base system. The wheel locks are sitting in a bag in the garage so I can’t comment on those. I don’t park anywhere that the steering column lock or center console lock would come in to play. Sorry I can’t be more help. I’m glad I got it, and also realize I don’t use any of it lol.

Isitfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 hellcat
I have it on my car. Your not missing much. I’m hugely disappointed with the b&o sound system

OP
OP
Coastal-Mach

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I ordered it with my car. I’d say it was worth it, I think? I wanted a car with all the options so I didn’t have any regrets later on. I don’t really listen to the radio all that much but I think it’s a noticeable upgrade over the base system. The wheel locks are sitting in a bag in the garage so I can’t comment on those. I don’t park anywhere that the steering column lock or center console lock would come in to play. Sorry I can’t be more help. I’m glad I got it, and also realize I don’t use any of it lol.
Thanks Atlas, I’m the same way I know HP was a must and I also do not listen to the radio very much.

OP
OP
Coastal-Mach

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I have it on my car. Your not missing much. I’m hugely disappointed with the b&o sound system
Thanks for the honest review.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Thanks Atlas, I’m the same way I know HP was a must and I also do not listen to the radio very much.
I tried out the audio system back to back with a base car and a b&o car. I thought there was a pretty big difference between the two. To me it’s the kind of option where if you ever think you’re going to want it, get it up front. I wouldn’t want to deal with putting it in later on.
congrats on the order! You’re going to love this car!

OP
OP
Coastal-Mach

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I tried out the audio system back to back with a base car and a b&o car. I thought there was a pretty big difference between the two. To me it’s the kind of option where if you ever think you’re going to want it, get it up front. I wouldn’t want to deal with putting it in later on.
congrats on the order! You’re going to love this car!
That’s a good point, I might change the order next week. If not the exhaust note with non HD Nirvana will still sound great.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I don't have it and don't miss it. I changed all the lug nuts anyway (can't stand the thin chrome cap ones!) with locks. I nearly always have the radio (satellite) on but it's a car, not a sound studio, so no sense to me to put in a more capable sound system than I have at home. And the console lock... Like others, I don't really go anywhere that would be an issue. So I'm very happy without the Elite and from what others have said, I might have questioned it if I did. The money was better spent on my rear window louvers!

OP
OP
Coastal-Mach

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I don't have it and don't miss it. I changed all the lug nuts anyway (can't stand the thin chrome cap ones!) with locks. I nearly always have the radio (satellite) on but it's a car, not a sound studio, so no sense to me to put in a more capable sound system than I have at home. And the console lock... Like others, I don't really go anywhere that would be an issue. So I'm very happy without the Elite and from what others have said, I might have questioned it if I did. The money was better spent on my rear window louvers!
Thanks for the help

Pardsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Mach 1
FWIW, I have the B&O system in my ‘21 Explorer ST. It’s great and I am literally half deaf. Can’t hear out of my right hear from a brain tumor.

Sponsored

Thesauerchise

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima, 2021 Mach 1
I have it and I’d say it’s worth it. The B&O probably doesn’t stack up to truly great premium systems but it’s way better than the standard one IMO. My wife noted how good it sounded which is unlike her.

I will add I do like to listen to music, it’s important to me.

I changed out the lugs anyway so I have no comment on that aspect.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't see the value in it, just went with the 700a.
I had a Nice JL sub and Amp installed professionally for way less.
I also went and bought the wireless Airplay dongle which works great so Nav is Google Maps which is best

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I didn't see the value in it, just went with the 700a.
I had a Nice JL sub and Amp installed professionally for way less.
I also went and bought the wireless Airplay dongle which works great so Nav is Google Maps which is best
Can you share details on the JL sub and amp? Curious if I might want to do that too.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I had a JL audio 10” sub and box installed so that it can be removed or moved around.
The Alpine amp was installed where the tire repair kit sits.
The knob to control the amp level was installed under my seat next to the rail so I can easily adjust.
Actually going mountain biking today!

35E3EFF3-E6C8-4076-8B7B-C6D9061A756A.jpeg

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I had a JL audio 10” sub and box installed so that it can be removed or moved around.
The Alpine amp was installed where the tire repair kit sits.
The knob to control the amp level was installed under my seat next to the rail so I can easily adjust.
Actually going mountain biking today!

35E3EFF3-E6C8-4076-8B7B-C6D9061A756A.jpeg
Oh, And the sub is right behind the wheel there under my tarp so I still can use it on my cruise to the trailhead
Sponsored