Sponsored

Anyone get the Handling Package but wish they didn't?

OP
OP

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
That should not be a problem. I did just that when I ordered my Mach 1. I initially ordered without the Nav, then asked if I could add it. They added it without any issues. If you ordered a 22, it really should not be a problem since HP cars will build in early spring.
I am still on the fence with the Nav, given what I am paying it is not crazy money but I've never used it in my current car, nor my wife's car, and I certainly won't bother paying for the traffic or whatever it has in this as it won't be a daily driver
Sponsored

W0rkH0rse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2017 Explorer Platinum
I am still on the fence with the Nav, given what I am paying it is not crazy money but I've never used it in my current car, nor my wife's car, and I certainly won't bother paying for the traffic or whatever it has in this as it won't be a daily driver
@bozack, I get it. I thought I would just use the nav on my phone, but I have found myself in areas without cell service where the vehicle nav system came in handy. It will also help with the trade-in/resale value of the vehicle. There are pros and cons for each option.

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
Just a suggestion: if you are on the fence for the nav but may be afraid you are stuck in an area without cellular service, then resurrect your old 2000s portable garmin nav (does the car still have a cigarette outlet?)

OP
OP

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
Just a suggestion: if you are on the fence for the nav but may be afraid you are stuck in an area without cellular service, then resurrect your old 2000s portable garmin nav (does the car still have a cigarette outlet?)
yeah I live in a major metro area so no worries about cell service, and don't plan for any long haul trips in it.

whoa there

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lava GT, 72 Gran Torino, 2021 Mach 1 on order
The navigation also comes up in the instrument panel between the speedo and tack along with directions over the radio. You can make it out with just a glance. I like it better than having to look over at the phone to see which way to turn like on my way to Granger to pick it up.

Sponsored

OP
OP

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
The navigation also comes up in the instrument panel between the speedo and tack along with directions over the radio. You can make it out with just a glance. I like it better than having to look over at the phone to see which way to turn like on my way to Granger to pick it up.
doesn't the standard radio support carplay or android auto?

whoa there

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lava GT, 72 Gran Torino, 2021 Mach 1 on order
doesn't the standard radio support carplay or android auto?
Pretty sure it supports them, but don't know if it will display in the instrument panel. Hopefully someone can answer this. I'm curious now!

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
FWIW there are phone apps that you can download the maps and not have to worry about data. Google maps can do it, you just need to do it ahead of time. Basic maps for the whole US don't take up a ton of space though if you just need highway info.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Saw a what I think was a silver Mach 1 non handling pack on my trip to Louisiana today in the Houston area. License plate AJ Mach 1. If you're on here, thumbs up. Car looks great no matter what package you have.

I unfortunately was blending in with all the other boring people in my white 18 Accord.

MrXXX0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I originally ordered in Dec 2020 with the HP. The dealer waited until Jan to place the order because the HP options were not available in the ordering system - was the story. That order got cancelled in April/May. I found a dealer who had a Dec order no HP but was close to what I wanted. I worked with them to mod the order and got everything I wanted expect the HP. In hind sight I don't think its a bad thing. I will not track it enough to make it worth it and I probably would have swapped out the cup 2s for the street. Maybe I will switch the spoiler to HP for $500. But I think she looks and drives pretty good. The order changes I made was to option the gun metal rims and the red calipers. The dealer thought it would be cancelled if I added the HP.
Front.jpg
I love velocity blue with the red calipers. I’d like to see one with red instead of white accent stripes!
I agree, the red might look pretty cool with the red Brembo’s
wish I was good at photo shop to see it.
Only thing that worry’s me is red usually looks better with darker, deeper blues
I have a decent ride home today so it's not the best photoshop possible while bouncing on the road but it gives you an idea of what VB with red accent stripes would look like. Too be honest if Ford offered it as an option to swap out stripe colors I would have got VB instead of Shadow Black. Love the red accent stripe w/ Red Brembo combo.
Front.jpg

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that looks reels nice in my opinion!

jsullboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I have a decent ride home today so it's not the best photoshop possible while bouncing on the road but it gives you an idea of what VB with red accent stripes would look like. Too be honest if Ford offered it as an option to swap out stripe colors I would have got VB instead of Shadow Black. Love the red accent stripe w/ Red Brembo combo.
Front.jpg
Wow looks great

Rynoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Premium, 6spd, GBM, chas N0121
Oh definitely forgot about those! *8 parts lol my bad.
So I did a deep dive on this since I have yet to see a full list of HP parts. For those who only wanted a couple parts from the handling package I've found either part numbers or links for the 8 items:

19" HP wheels
  • M-1007K-MACH1H
  • $1,040.17 (lowest price found)

Adjustable strut mounts
  • KR3Z-3D008-A (same PN for GT500 and GT350)
  • $367.57
Stiffer front springs
  • KR3Z-5310-D
  • $53.64 x 2 = $107.28
Stiffer rear springs
  • JR3Z-5560-M (Right)
  • $92.55
  • JR3Z-5560-C (Left)
  • $92.66
Solid rear stabilizer bar
  • JR3Z-5A772-A
  • $68.14
Front splitter/curb finder
  • MR3Z-17626-AA
  • $423.21
Spoiler with gurney flap
  • M-16600-FP (GT 500 PN, No Mach 1 PN found)
  • $499.99 (will need to be painted magnetic metallic grey as well)
Front wheel moldings
  • VMR3Z16268A
  • $272.58
Rear tire spats/mud guards
  • KR3Z-6328370-AA (Right)
  • $50.47
  • KR3Z-6328371-AA (Left)
  • $50.47

As for the magneride tuning, I have a close friend in the Ford service department who said this is only for the HP springs and allowing them to cooperate with the magneride system. This is an easy flash that can be accessed by your dealer. I'd take this with a grain of salt though until someone does it.

Altogether its definitely still cheaper to add the handling package to your order than buy the parts outright but if you only want a couple parts or are afraid of the package delaying your order then the option is here đź‘Ť If anyone has the PNs for the springs and stabilizer bar I'd definitely appreciate your help completing this list!

Edit: PNs found! Thanks Charlemagne!

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would say the Cup2's on the HP are a huge waste of money unless it's a track car so in my opinion buy the non-HP and add spoiler...etc to your liking is a better choice for you. Also use that extra money you saved to buy a set of winter or all-season tire/wheel combo.
Don't get me wrong, love the HP Mach but just not practical as a daily for most people.
I think Cup 2s are a rich man's tire. I wouldn't even use them on track. Especially for how much a good tire in that size costs, buying something with less than 300 tread life rating doesn't make sense to me. Even at 300 tread life you will be replacing tires fairly often. More often than I would prefer.

The Cup 2 tires make really good lap times, though. Depends on how important that is to you.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited: