Sponsored

Anyone get the Handling Package but wish they didn't?

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
So I just placed my order today and now I wait, but after putting it through I wonder if I should have omitted the handling package or not.

I love the look of the rear spoiler and the rims, I won't be tracking the car, so wonder if it was worth it or if I will notice

I also went with the elite package and the appearance package

Anyone not get the HP and wish they did, or did anyone get it and wish they didn't?

Thanks
Sponsored

Mach U

Threads
Reaction score
Scottsdale, AZ - Winter / Carlsbad CA - Summer
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Genesis - 2021 Mach 1(HP)
So I just placed my order today and now I wait, but after putting it through I wonder if I should have omitted the handling package or not.

I love the look of the rear spoiler and the rims, I won't be tracking the car, so wonder if it was worth it or if I will notice

Anyone not get the HP and wish they did, or did anyone get it and wish they didn't?

Thanks
I was undecided as well, so I ordered a base and a HP. Dealer didn’t care as they would sell the one I didn’t want.
They came in together and were displayed side by side. I was floored at the difference. To my eye it was man vs boy. I too loved the aggressive look so the HP won out. It’ll never be tracked but the look is worth every penny.

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350

Thanks
Just read a thread that said they are canceling all Mach 1 orders. I hope you get yours

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I was undecided as well, so I ordered a base and a HP. Dealer didn’t care as they would sell the one I didn’t want.
They came in together and were displayed side by side. I was floored at the difference. To my eye it was man vs boy. I too loved the aggressive look so the HP won out. It’ll never be tracked but the look is worth every penny.
I would say it’s more like touring car and race car from a visual standpoint. The HP car to me says it belongs on the track. The base car says high performance street car. The funny thing is the base car is a better track car than the HP is at being a street car :giggle:

OP
OP

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
I think that was the 2021 orders. 2022 HP cars aren't due to start until march IIRC.
yeah mine said I am in the early stage of 2022, I also realized I ordered without NAV so seeing if I can change that as its the only way to get XM

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
yeah mine said I am in the early stage of 2022, I also realized I ordered without NAV so seeing if I can change that as its the only way to get XM
That is wrong. I checked the Order Guide and the Mach 1 gets everything from the 301A plus other stuff.
Included in the 301A is:
9 Speaker Stereo
Ambient Lighting MyColor
Dual Zone Temp Control
Illuminated Door scuff plates
Drive mode Toggle switches
Sirius XM Radio 3 months free
Sync 3 w/ enhanced voice recognition Comm and Entertainment system.
8" LCD Center Stack Touch Screen
AppLink
911 Assist
Apple Carplay
2 ea. USB Ports

I've rented many Mustangs in the last couple years without NAV and they all were XM able. Some of the rental Co.s charged if you wanted it enabled.

It's kind of stupid that Ford charges for NAV, as I'm sure it is just a flip of a switch away, as all Mach 1's have the same 8" center touch screen with Sync etc. Check the attachments, and save $545.

301A.JPG

Mach 1.JPG

OP
OP

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
That is wrong. I checked the Order Guide and the Mach 1 gets everything from the 301A plus other stuff.
Included in the 301A is:
9 Speaker Stereo
Ambient Lighting MyColor
Dual Zone Temp Control
Illuminated Door scuff plates
Drive mode Toggle switches
Sirius XM Radio 3 months free
Sync 3 w/ enhanced voice recognition Comm and Entertainment system.
8" LCD Center Stack Touch Screen
AppLink
911 Assist
Apple Carplay
2 ea. USB Ports

I've rented many Mustangs in the last couple years without NAV and they all were XM able. Some of the rental Co.s charged if you wanted it enabled.

It's kind of stupid that Ford charges for NAV, as I'm sure it is just a flip of a switch away, as all Mach 1's have the same 8" center touch screen with Sync etc. Check the attachments, and save $545.

301A.JPG

Mach 1.JPG
Thanks if XM works without the NAV then that would be better as I never use the NAV systems in any of the cars we have, I emailed my sales associate to ask about adding it but will follow up....even if the Sync doesn't support XM I am thinking of dumping it anyway as we have spotify

sycd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1

Thanks
I like my non-HP. I think it looks more retro with the Bullitt like wheels, the stock tires are more livable, and I don't think I could handle a lower and longer front spoiler. I'm probably never going to track it, and to drive around town I don't need the extra downforce.

Anyway it's easy to swap things if you really don't like it, so relax and enjoy it.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I like my non-HP. I think it looks more retro with the Bullitt like wheels, the stock tires are more livable, and I don't think I could handle a lower and longer front spoiler. I'm probably never going to track it, and to drive around town I don't need the extra downforce.

Anyway it's easy to swap things if you really don't like it, so relax and enjoy it.
Is your FJG car a non HP? I thought you had to get the HP to have it in FJG color. Or do you have 2 cars?