Sponsored

Anyone get the Handling Package but wish they didn't?

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Altogether its definitely still cheaper to add the handling package to your order than buy the parts outright but if you only want a couple parts or are afraid of the package delaying your order then the option is here šŸ‘ If anyone has the PNs for the springs and stabilizer bar I'd definitely appreciate your help completing this list!
$3174.46. HP is still more expensive, especially in '22. Of course there are the tires too. If you want all the stuff and can get $800 for them you can put that towards a set of more durable tires. If you want more than a bit or two you're probably better off getting the whole thing when you consider resale. A real HP car with that on the VIN will be worth more than one modded to have the same stuff.
Sponsored

Rynoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Premium, 6spd, GBM, chas N0121
$3174.46. HP is still more expensive, especially in '22. Of course there are the tires too. If you want all the stuff and can get $800 for them you can put that towards a set of more durable tires. If you want more than a bit or two you're probably better off getting the whole thing when you consider resale. A real HP car with that on the VIN will be worth more than one modded to have the same stuff.
RIght, Definitely agree that if you want the cup2's to track this beast then add the package and don't look back. Personally I'll probably add the tire spats, front tire moldings, and maybe the spoiler over time. The wheels look great but I've seen how quickly 180 UTQG rated tires wear šŸ˜¬ that's a little too much for my blood until more tire brands get into this size (only 3 choices on tirerack.com).

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
So I just placed my order today and now I wait, but after putting it through I wonder if I should have omitted the handling package or not.

I love the look of the rear spoiler and the rims, I won't be tracking the car, so wonder if it was worth it or if I will notice

I also went with the elite package and the appearance package

Anyone not get the HP and wish they did, or did anyone get it and wish they didn't?

Thanks
If you did want to track the car, then you'd probably replace the stock springs/shocks, which would make the handling package redundant. Being a 'public road only' car is one of the BEST reasons for getting the Magneride. For everyday driving and occasional canyon runs, it's absolutely brilliant. It makes the car feel like a much more expensive model.

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Are the rear wheel splash guard part numbers correct?

I recall a thread stating the Mach 1 has the GT500 rear splash guards, the GT350 versions look similar but are too long.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Yea it's $1,900 for leather seats with memory function, heat cool, heated steering wheels, and the aluminum pedals. Personally, I couldn't fathom buying a $50k+ car without leather seats, so it seemed like an obvious choice. Of all the options, that one seemed very reasonably priced.

I guess if this car was for 90%+ track use I would have gone the 600a base and ripped out the seats/ordered the cloth Recaros, but that's the only scenario where it makes sense.
If your car was 90% a track car, you will not choose the Recaro, they are not race seats but rather seats designed to make uninformed people believe that youā€™re a racerā€¦
Big difference

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Let me add for the uninformed that a seat without a provision for a 5/6 pts harness, is not and canā€™t be a racing seat

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
I figure I can bolt in a lot more aggressive seat for track days than I would tolerate on a DD. Its only like 4 bolts.

Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
So I just placed my order today and now I wait, but after putting it through I wonder if I should have omitted the handling package or not.

I love the look of the rear spoiler and the rims, I won't be tracking the car, so wonder if it was worth it or if I will notice

I also went with the elite package and the appearance package

Anyone not get the HP and wish they did, or did anyone get it and wish they didn't?

Thanks
it was not available in the UK, but i would not have ordered it anyway. i do like the look of it. however, i did not want Cup 2 tires on uneven, cool, damp roads. If I was going to regularly track the car, then the handling package is a no-brainer. However, driving on the road on sometimes wet and cool roads, I think the PS4S tires are far better suited for that job. Enjoy your car.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
The link is to a kit listed for $828 I think there are a few parts we don't need for a splash guard.
Of course, that's the whole GT500 diffusor. You only need the parts listed in the spreadsheet.

Rear Splash Guard Shield (RH) KR3Z-6328370-AA
Rear Splash Guard Shield (LH) KR3Z-6328371-AA
Arch Clips W714040S300
Arch Screws W715060S450B
U Clips W714040S307

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
As for the magneride tuning, I have a close friend in the Ford service department who said this is only for the HP springs and allowing them to cooperate with the magneride system. This is an easy flash that can be accessed by your dealer. I'd take this with a grain of salt though until someone does it.
Isnā€™t the EPAS/TC/ABS also tuned differently?

Rynoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Premium, 6spd, GBM, chas N0121
Isnā€™t the EPAS/TC/ABS also tuned differently?
Hmmm no mention of that when talking about the magniride tune. Iā€™ll definitely ask around to see.

aerok

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Premium Tremec 3160 Torsen 3.73 Diff
Hmmm no mention of that when talking about the magniride tune. Iā€™ll definitely ask around to see.
Hi

Recently I started investigating on the Handling Package directly in Ford Performance website and chatted with them due a confusion I had after reading the text, in M-9602-M part number overview, saying:

"NOTE: Customers with a Performance Pack 2 equipped Mustang can upgrade by installing only the M-5300-W Spring Kit and M-5490-G Sway Bar Kit
NOTE: Mach 1 Base and Mach 1 HP have unique MagneRide suspension calibrations similar to PP2"

So, my understanding after reading this, is that Mach 1 Base and HP have the same tune for the magneride and you could improve them just by buying lower springs M-5300-W and sway bars M-5490-G, to which after kept talking to them, tried to confirmed this, and they replied:

"Unfortunately, my techlline reported that "Note" needs to be changed.
Here was their answer to my question:
Yea so we need to change that. Only Mach 1 handling pack cars have the pp2 cal
Base Mach 1 should get the whole kit M-9602-M "

In other words, and final interpretation is that the calibration on PP2s and Mach 1 HP is exactly the same, but if you are like me, with a Base Mach 1, you will need to buy this whole package with the VDM software if you are looking to improve handling to HP level

I leave here the link to what am referring to

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9602-M

And hope this conclusion helps somebody
Sponsored