Elegant vs. Aggressive S550 Build?

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
This may be my ignorance showing, but won't lowering the car set off a chain of other necessary suspension mods?
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Not really. Just matching struts springs, you need camber afjustmate plate. Should be good after that.

This may be my ignorance showing, but won't lowering the car set off a chain of other necessary suspension mods?

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
To lower the vehicle the 1.25-1.5" that you find in most lowering kits shouldn't require anything other than springs, shocks, and alignment. It's only when you want to get extreme lowering (or lifting in the case of trucks) that you really have to take suspension geometry into account.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
What's going on Mustang6G Forum!

I hope everyone's New Year has started off well. - Mine started off just dandy, with me purchasing my new Race Red 2018 Ecoboost Mustang!

Anyways... I'm looking for things to decorate the Mustang! - I don't want to do any engine mods... (maybe a small intake/intercooler and that's it!) BUT I do want to make my car Incredibly Beautiful!

I've already purchased a full underbody lighting kit for the car. - Now It's time for the lips, fenders, spoiler, possible add-ons, and so on.

My thing is... I don't want to have an Aggressive Look?... I don't.. think I do?
My vision is of a more elegant look. - More Unique and Outstanding.. something to place the eyes on when driven by!

Well, after searching online, I can't seem to find (I know right.. with so many mustangs, I still can't..) any elegant looks for a mustang? - Or maybe I'm not searching in the right place.

So, I'd love some help with you guys either;

a) Straight-up Recommending to me some elegant add-ons I might like
b) Just showing me a place to find pictures of Elegant Mustang Builds
c) Showing me your build? Or Just pictures of different awesome looks!

//

Question of the day:
(whenever you read this)
What do you think is the MAIN Mustang Add-On that makes a mustang deemed as "aggressive"?

Question of the... week:
(the week you read this)
How to make a Mustang look elegant? Hahaha...

Thanks guys!
What's going on Mustang6G Forum!

I hope everyone's New Year has started off well. - Mine started off just dandy, with me purchasing my new Race Red 2018 Ecoboost Mustang!

Anyways... I'm looking for things to decorate the Mustang! - I don't want to do any engine mods... (maybe a small intake/intercooler and that's it!) BUT I do want to make my car Incredibly Beautiful!

I've already purchased a full underbody lighting kit for the car. - Now It's time for the lips, fenders, spoiler, possible add-ons, and so on.

My thing is... I don't want to have an Aggressive Look?... I don't.. think I do?
My vision is of a more elegant look. - More Unique and Outstanding.. something to place the eyes on when driven by!

Well, after searching online, I can't seem to find (I know right.. with so many mustangs, I still can't..) any elegant looks for a mustang? - Or maybe I'm not searching in the right place.

So, I'd love some help with you guys either;

a) Straight-up Recommending to me some elegant add-ons I might like
b) Just showing me a place to find pictures of Elegant Mustang Builds
c) Showing me your build? Or Just pictures of different awesome looks!

//

Question of the day:
(whenever you read this)
What do you think is the MAIN Mustang Add-On that makes a mustang deemed as "aggressive"?

Question of the... week:
(the week you read this)
How to make a Mustang look elegant? Hahaha...

Thanks guys!
Cadillac badges. That'll do it. Maybe a couple extra V series ones as well. Nothing says elegant like a Cadillac badge. When you do it, post a pic.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Am I the only one having trouble resolving this
I've already purchased a full underbody lighting kit for the car.
with this?
My thing is... I don't want to have an Aggressive Look?

Seriously, there's a lot of good hints in this thread as to how to create a more elegant look. Among them,
Less is more
Subtle beats in-your-face
Tacked-on plastic can look, well, tacky.

To which I'd add
Pick a single theme and choose mods that go with that. Make that "pick your single theme".

Norm

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

with this?

Nope.

Seriously, there's a lot of good hints in this thread as to how to create a more elegant look. Among them,
Less is more

To which I'd add
Pick a single theme and choose mods that go with that. Make that "pick your single theme".

Norm

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
For elegance, be very careful with adding contrasting highlights. Done right in the right spots it can make a car pop, but if you just throw parts at it because they are available, you can end up with a mess that no longer has any good lines left, and is drawing your attention to small details that don't want and shouldn't be highlighted.

Sorry, but the blue car with the stripes and chrome trim is the opposite of elegance for me. Blue and chrome is a classic and atractive color scheme, but this car is all disrupted and broken up, the lines are no longer clean and unnecessary bits are highlighted like its a win.

I'd look at the Californial Special if you want to see what Ford thinks you guys want to see. Its a different grill, and a faux gas cap and faux side scoops with a stripe. I think a stripe done right can be a nice look, and an alternate grill can be ok, but why a shiney gas cap? Its just a circle at an arbitrary spot on the quarter panel, why do I want that standing out separated from the lines of the body panels? The side scoop is another thing which just stands out awkwardly as tacked on and doesn't improve the lines of the car. The wheels the chose for the CS aren't bad. 5 spokes with enough detail and contrast to be interesting without being too tacky. There are better choices in the aftermerket, IMHO, but the CE wheels are 'ok.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
For elegance, be very careful with adding contrasting highlights. Done right in the right spots it can make a car pop, but if you just throw parts at it because they are available, you can end up with a mess that no longer has any good lines left, and is drawing your attention to small details that don't want and shouldn't be highlighted.

Sorry, but the blue car with the stripes and chrome trim is the opposite of elegance for me. Blue and chrome is a classic and atractive color scheme, but this car is all disrupted and broken up, the lines are no longer clean and unnecessary bits are highlighted like its a win.

I'd look at the Californial Special if you want to see what Ford thinks you guys want to see. Its a different grill, and a faux gas cap and faux side scoops with a stripe. I think a stripe done right can be a nice look, and an alternate grill can be ok, but why a shiney gas cap? Its just a circle at an arbitrary spot on the quarter panel, why do I want that standing out separated from the lines of the body panels? The side scoop is another thing which just stands out awkwardly as tacked on and doesn't improve the lines of the car. The wheels the chose for the CS aren't bad. 5 spokes with enough detail and contrast to be interesting without being too tacky. There are better choices in the aftermerket, IMHO, but the CE wheels are 'ok.
Honestly I never thought of my car as elegant but thank you. :like:

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly I never thought of my car as elegant but thank you. :like:
:p I didn't say it was, I said thats what Ford thought people who want a dressed up Mustang would like.

I personally think the Bullitt is a better example of an elegant Mustang. Chrome window trim, simplified grill with a chrome bezel surround, slightly contrasting wheels, debaged 5.0, and done. The car is cleaner than the normal GT but has a little bit more contrast in just the right spots, and that's why I think its more elegant. (Maybe minus the red calipers, IDK, red says 'aggressive')

45723830ce604bca1681103246ccbaf7.jpg

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
:p I didn't say it was, I said thats what Ford thought people who want a dressed up Mustang would like.

I personally think the Bullitt is a better example of an elegant Mustang. Chrome window trim, simplified grill with a chrome bezel surround, slightly contrasting wheels, debaged 5.0, and done. The car is cleaner than the normal GT but has a little bit more contrast in just the right spots, and that's why I think its more elegant. (Maybe minus the red calipers, IDK, red says 'aggressive')

:crying::crying::crying:

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

GoranRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Goran
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Race Red EcoBoost Premium
I love all the responses, glad that some info is being thrown around!

with this?

Less is more

To which I'd add

Norm
Lighting doesn't ruin an "elegant" car. There's also a turn off the switch. From my phone. Or a change color switch, or brightness, or whatever the hell I'm feeling that time/day. =)

I like em.

Sorry..

I like them.

Thanks for the input though!

I feel that, though, I guess... It's elegant, but.. "empty"? - Doesn't make heads turn.

I believe lots of people in this threat are mistaken when they hear me saying that I want to turn heads. - "Turning Heads? Isn't that the opposite of being elegant? - Turning heads is for aggressive, attention-grabbing cars!"

I guess let's imagine a BMW i8 - That car is not aggressive at all. - It's just pure ass elegance. It's CLEAN, it's stylish, it's nice.

I adore the Bullitt Mustang look, as well as some of the options, but it's too "Plain" for me.
a Less-Is-More is correct, but it doesn't stray it away from a regular mustang with less. - Granted, that might be due to the fact that the car is one of the most already-elegant cars on the road Stock.

I guess the challenge then becomes. - How do we make a Mustang look Unique, turn-heads, with an overall "Damn that's beautiful", rather then "Damn that's mean as fuck!" :idea:

// I'm not sure what I want yet, I got this car 2 weeks ago. Barely. - I'm experimenting with everything, hence why I've made like 5 threads just gathering info from everyone. And I appreciate everyone for the input. For the ones that wanna be smart assess, - I appreciate the banter, I play along.

I hope I've highlighted, underlined and bolded enough things!

I Can Always Do More. :crackup:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
SO I went back to post #1 . . .

Elegant - gets defined as 'pleasingly graceful and stylish in appearance'. Does that agree with your intended use of the word, or are you looking for a different word with a similar but slightly different meaning? That could be the hang-up here.

I suppose undercar lighting could look 'stylish' to some, but I don't think it fits most peoples' idea of 'graceful'. Too in-your-face for that, some of which may be due to association with those 'Fast and Furious' movies.

Personally, I think the i8 is "over-styled", particularly in the lower grille, sill, and rear areas that are 'busy' for no apparent reason.

Is there any particular aspect of performance that you want your car's appearance to more directly hint at?. I realize that you're not chasing big power here.

Norm

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
That's a very subjective thing your asking.

I personally, always liked the OEM+ philosophy but I know that my build will get much more aggressive as I get faster on-track.

Take a look at my build thread and let me know if you have any questions.
_MG_4944.jpg
_MG_4917.jpg
Sponsored