Pre facelift vs facelift S550

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
its a 50K car and i got it for thousands under MSRP. trade only affects TT&L which is why i said that was separate.
You got a $2,873.65 discount off sticker.

I bought the same car and got almost $7K off sticker in 2019.

When I bought my car, the dealer had row after row of new GTs lined up. They even had 4 identically optioned cars, in 4 different colors, for me to choose from.

You got lucky to find the car you did.

That is the difference between now and then. You got a good deal for this day & age, but it's poor in comparison to what you could get just a few years ago.

Plus, the trade-in 110%, absolutely means a ton to this deal (as it does with every deal involving a trade-in). You might have gotten your head torn off on that part, more than making up for the $2,873.65 discount.

So, being objective, this is an absolutely terrible time to buy.....any vehicle. Until vehicles are packing dealer lots again, it will continue to be a bad time to buy a one.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
You got a $2,873.65 discount off sticker.

I bought the same car and got almost $7K off sticker in 2019.

When I bought my car, the dealer had row after row of new GTs lined up. They even had 4 identically optioned cars, in 4 different colors, for me to choose from.

You got lucky to find the car you did.

That is the difference between now and then. You got a good deal for this day & age, but it's poor in comparison to what you could get just a few years ago.

Plus, the trade-in 110%, absolutely means a ton to this deal (as it does with every deal involving a trade-in). You might have gotten your head torn off on that part, more than making up for the $2,873.65 discount.
luck had nothing to do with it. i brokered the deal, ordered the car, and beat the dealership into submission using a combination of their failures and my resolve to win. i'm not saying its easy or that there are screaming deals to be had, i'm saying its possible.

let me put this into perspective for you.

lets be generous to your argument and say I got the car at msrp but sold my 2016 F150 supercab ecoboost truck back to the same dealer for about what I paid for it in 2016 after putting 65K miles on it.

you can look at it that way or you can look at it like i paid 43K for the mustang and got a middle of the road trade in value.

the point is, people need to learn to use what they have to get what they want. that's all i did.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
luck had nothing to do with it. i brokered the deal, ordered the car, and beat the dealership into submission using a combination of their failures and my resolve to win. i'm not saying its easy or that there are screaming deals to be had, i'm saying its possible.

let me put this into perspective for you.

lets be generous to your argument and say I got the car at msrp but sold my 2016 F150 supercab ecoboost truck back to the same dealer for about what I paid for it in 2016 after putting 65K miles on it.

you can look at it that way or you can look at it like i paid 43K for the mustang and got a middle of the road trade in value.

the point is, people need to learn to use what they have to get what they want. that's all i did.
No, that's not the point.

The point WAS that it's a terrible time to buy a vehicle. Which is completely true. Your example actually highlights the truth of that statement.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
By "made out of glass" do you mean that they break left and right when driven lightly at stock power? Or that they break when beat on and with more than double the rated hp thrown at them?
You know........ :)

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
No, that's not the point.

The point WAS that it's a terrible time to buy a vehicle. Which is completely true. Your example actually highlights the truth of that statement.
False. Terrible is hyperbole and not useful. Getting good deals with no effort shouldn't be compared to a difficult time. Its not terrible, its just not easy.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
You believe what you want. Reality says otherwise.
What are you trying to do here? Discourage people from dealing with reality as it is in favor of longing for the perfect scenario you happened to find by chance during a time of massive prosperity that we may not see again for a while?

You talk about reality while living in the past.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Hi guy!

first of all do you guys think it’s right time to buy a mustang or the prices are still high?

secondly would you guys recommend the 2015-2017 mustang GT or 2018-2022 GT? Why? What are your thoughts on the 6speed auto and 10speed auto?

FYI I found a convertible 2017 California special with 10k Mike’s on it, the guy is selling it for 37k. Is that a fair price?? Or one can get the facelift for that price?
Look at the 17 and an 18+ in person to decide which you like the looks of more. Hard to do by photo.

check out the digital dash on the 18+ and decide how important that is to you.

If handling is important, make sure the 18+ you drive for comparison is a PP1 (assume you want auto based on what you said, so no PP2).

Transmission-wise, if auto, no contest: 18+. It’s a major performance boost by itself. If manual, some upgrades for the 18+ but the gearing is REALLY tall (they did that to keep fuel economy reasonable with the increase in power). Drive both to see how much that matters to you.

Engine-wise, if keeping it stock the 25-35 more hp and thicker torque curve of the 18+ is significant. But the 17 isn’t a weakling. If you think you’ll go NA bolt-on and esp E85 you’ll see considerably bigger gains with the 18+ due to higher CR and better breathing intake system. If considering boosting on pump gas the 17 is particularly good, but the 18 is fine too.

since it’s a used car most of this is trumped by the state of the actual cars you‘re considering. Common sense but anyway…good luck

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
What are you trying to do here? Discourage people from dealing with reality as it is in favor of longing for the perfect scenario you happened to find by chance during a time of massive prosperity that we may not see again for a while?

You're confusing normal times, with what is happening now. This is a truly terrible time to be trying to buy a vehicle. Why you can't acknowledge that is beyond me. It's actually weird.

We had decades and decades of great deals everywhere, and cars filling dealer lots. And now we have this terrible time we're in.

It's night and day.

But you're trying to say NOW is normal, and the vehicle buying business model from just a few years ago, that existed and prospered for decades, was an abnormality. Like....you have everything completely backwards.

You had to spend tons of time, effort and energy to get a poor deal, and then you had to order the car and wait. While just 3 years ago I got more that twice the price break/discount, and drove off the lot with exactly the car I wanted, with color options to spare. And........at 0 percent financing for 72 months.

Has Ford done that recently? No.

Another reason why this is a truly terrible time to buy a vehicle.

Why you keep trying to insist it isn't, is beyond me. The OP asked a very serious question, and he/she deserves a very serious answer. Not one from some alternate reality you live in.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Time for you two to:

👍

Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
You're confusing normal times, with what is happening now. This is a truly terrible time to be trying to buy a vehicle. Why you can't acknowledge that is beyond me. It's actually weird.

We had decades and decades of great deals everywhere, and cars filling dealer lots. And now we have this terrible time we're in.

It's night and day.

But you're trying to say NOW is normal, and the vehicle buying business model from just a few years ago, that existed and prospered for decades, was an abnormality. Like....you have everything completely backwards.

You had to spend tons of time, effort and energy to get a poor deal, and then you had to order the car and wait. While just 3 years ago I got more that twice the price break/discount, and drove off the lot with exactly the car I wanted, with color options to spare. And........at 0 percent financing for 72 months.

Has Ford done that recently? No.

Another reason why this is a truly terrible time to buy a vehicle.

Why you keep trying to insist it isn't, is beyond me. The OP asked a very serious question, and he/she deserves a very serious answer. Not one from some alternate reality you live in.
and you're comparing a booming economy to bidenfected economy.

your point is its terrible so wait. my point is, sure its not great at all, but you can still get what you want and not get walletraped if you have any amount of patience at all.

i'll give you that things are shitty, i'm just saying its not as bad as you make it out to be.

i drove my truck for free for 6 years and paid a little under msrp for a new mustang.

what's so terrible about that?

"OMG BUT YOU CAN ONLY GET A FEW THOUSAND UNDER MSRP AND ORDER THE CAR OMGZ." - Negative Nancies

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
and you're comparing a booming economy to bidenfected economy.

your point is its terrible so wait. my point is, sure its not great at all, but you can still get what you want and not get walletraped if you have any amount of patience at all.

i'll give you that things are shitty, i'm just saying its not as bad as you make it out to be.

i drove my truck for free for 6 years and paid a little under msrp for a new mustang.

what's so terrible about that?

"OMG BUT YOU CAN ONLY GET A FEW THOUSAND UNDER MSRP AND ORDER THE CAR OMGZ." - Negative Nancies
No....dude....no......it's about reality, not negativity. You must be able to see that.

Yes, we all know that the value of used vehicles have sky-rocketed. That's understood. It's great you got such strong money for your truck, which helped you with your Mustang purchase.

But if you don't have a vehicle to trade in, then that means absolutely nothing.

The OP asked one question; is it a good time to buy a Mustang?

ETA; one minor clarification; I'm not comparing a particularly booming economy to fuck-face-el-grande's current economic mess. Just normal times. Regular, average times. I've been buying cars for 30+ years, so just regular times.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
2019 was a booming economy, dude. prior to the pLandemic we were in the midst of a boom we haven't seen in my whole life. things were on the upswing. so, you're wrong about that for sure.

Yes, we all know that the value of used vehicles have sky-rocketed. That's understood. It's great you got such strong money for your truck, which helped you with your Mustang purchase.
here's the thing you aren't seeing. part of the deal to get me to order was to move 2k from what i got off the car into the trade so i actually negotiated about 5K under msrp. so if i didn't have the truck i still would've got that 5K.

i ordered because i wanted very specific options. i traded in because i had a truck i never drove anymore. maybe the stars aligned and for this current crappy economy i got a screaming deal as a result of my efforts... but the fact is it happened. just like the guy walking on to a lot filled with GT's he'd be happy with got a good deal in that scenario.

here's my point: in every situation there are ways to work that to your advantage.

what's your point?

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
2019 was a booming economy, dude. prior to the pLandemic we were in the midst of a boom we haven't seen in my whole life. things were on the upswing. so, you're wrong about that for sure.
I'm not aware of your age, but pre scam-sheeple-scardey-cat-demic the economy was certainly great, but there's been plenty of such times over the last several decades. Usually just following the R-D-R-D-R-D rhythm every 4-8 years.

here's the thing you aren't seeing. part of the deal to get me to order was to move 2k from what i got off the car into the trade so i actually negotiated about 5K under msrp. so if i didn't have the truck i still would've got that 5K.

i ordered because i wanted very specific options. i traded in because i had a truck i never drove anymore. maybe the stars aligned and for this current crappy economy i got a screaming deal as a result of my efforts... but the fact is it happened. just like the guy walking on to a lot filled with GT's he'd be happy with got a good deal in that scenario.

here's my point: in every situation there are ways to work that to your advantage.

what's your point?
My point is that your singular example is not an answer to the OP's question. If we're going to actually be of help to the OP, then we have to give good answers that are objective, not subjective.

Is this a good time to buy a Mustang? No, it is not. This is the worst time in the history of the Mustang to try and buy one.

I'm not just trying to argue for the sake of arguing, I'm genuinely begging you to approach this with logic and objectivity.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
i turn 40 in november :D i think we're waaaaaaaaaaay beyond the scope of being useful to the OP.

all i'm here to do is offer people a glimmer of hope to get the cars they want. in a few months the used market is going to start hurting more and as cars pile up deals will be more plentiful.

in any case patience is the key but everyone's situation is different.
Sponsored