Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone lower their engine? I just dropped mine a half inch to allow the O2 sensor to fit while installing long tube headers and now the intake tube barely connects to the airbox. I'm not real comfortable with it like that. Anyone else have this issue or am I just lucky? I hate to go back into the motor mounts but after I install th new O2 sensor maybe I'll raise it up a quarter inch after cutting away the heat shielding and sound deadener.
Mine is lowered 1/4” and works fine but being a 15-17 car with the large (rubber) MAF tube, YMMV.
You also might want to check your driveshaft angles after you’ve finalised the engine position.
Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So long shoting it here and posting for a friend.
So he has a 2019Gt PP1 totally stock. He got the edelbrock stage one with tune kit installed by ford. Everything has been checked mechanically. all pins checked on harnesses. Car has been flashed back to stock and then reflashed back to tune. Files have been sent back and forth. tuner hardware is up to date. Problem is car wont run right. It starts, it does ok if you slowly get it up to speed but if you try to give it any gas and the vacuum drops to 5 it simply stalls out and lunches and just wont run. We been back and forth with edlebrock and they are now looking at the bef file. But initially they said they dont see right off what is wrong. It feels like its not getting fuel but we have been assured fuel delivery is not the issue. The nitrious pill or what ever its called is in there we were asked to check... has anyone else had this issue? any ideas? they will be getting back to him tomorrow but im just curious if anyone here had anything similar happen after install. Ive looked and looked all over the net and cant find anyone else that seems to have had this issue. the mechanic at ford has double checked and rechecked the install and is 100% behnd it is correctly installed.

We get no check engine light or error codes on the car either... its a mystery. we feel it is something with the tune or maybe something wrong with the flasher that corrupted the tune?

Again not crap talking eldebrock its a nice charger and they are bending over backwards to help. just curious on privet party input. Never know what info might help.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So long shoting it here and posting for a friend.
So he has a 2019Gt PP1 totally stock. He got the edelbrock stage one with tune kit installed by ford. Everything has been checked mechanically. all pins checked on harnesses. Car has been flashed back to stock and then reflashed back to tune. Files have been sent back and forth. tuner hardware is up to date. Problem is car wont run right. It starts, it does ok if you slowly get it up to speed but if you try to give it any gas and the vacuum drops to 5 it simply stalls out and lunches and just wont run. We been back and forth with edlebrock and they are now looking at the bef file. But initially they said they dont see right off what is wrong. It feels like its not getting fuel but we have been assured fuel delivery is not the issue. The nitrious pill or what ever its called is in there we were asked to check... has anyone else had this issue? any ideas? they will be getting back to him tomorrow but im just curious if anyone here had anything similar happen after install. Ive looked and looked all over the net and cant find anyone else that seems to have had this issue. the mechanic at ford has double checked and rechecked the install and is 100% behnd it is correctly installed.

We get no check engine light or error codes on the car either... its a mystery. we feel it is something with the tune or maybe something wrong with the flasher that corrupted the tune?

Again not crap talking eldebrock its a nice charger and they are bending over backwards to help. just curious on privet party input. Never know what info might help.
I'm assuming the imrc solenoid was plugged back in? Page 17?

I didn't have this problem.

The nitrous pills are there to make the boost onset slower so it'll be more drivable. Has nothing to do with what you're describing.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Has anyone tried the intake from Juggernaut?
https://juggernautpower.com/store/index.php?id_product=1118&controller=product
I was thinking about upgrading my stage one to this with the throttle body but I'm not sure if Lund will tune it or if it will be worth it.
That is the same one Kona was running on his personal car for some time. From my interactions with Lund they like the pmas stuff because the data is good. I personally think it would be fine. Edelbrock doesn't leave you with much of an option for the intake if you have a stage 1 kit and wanting to use the 103 tb. They want you to buy a 4700 $ upgrade kit...

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
There is nothing for the IMRCs to plug into though, once the old intake is removed. They should be empty and taped up out of the way.

The IMRCs are turned off in the tune.

I'm assuming the imrc solenoid was plugged back in? Page 17?

I didn't have this problem.

The nitrous pills are there to make the boost onset slower so it'll be more drivable. Has nothing to do with what you're describing.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
There is nothing for the IMRCs to plug into though, once the old intake is removed. They should be empty and taped up out of the way.

The IMRCs are turned off in the tune.
I'm not sure if they are or are not turned off in the tune. Maybe the solenoid is plugged in for some other reason.
I simply stated what they asked for to be done in the instruction manual. See below:
page0.png

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Interesting.

I have a 16 and nothing gets plugged back in. Sorry to mislead you...

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Interesting.

I have a 16 and nothing gets plugged back in. Sorry to mislead you...
No worries brother we are all here to learn. Apparently it must be plugged in on the 18+ models.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Yea I see that. I just checked the manual for mine to double check and nothing gets plugged back in older models.

I’m stumped as well. So isles fine and runs ok until there’s any larger throttle angles basically? Then it sputters and dies? Surprised it’s not throwing a code somewhere.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yea I see that. I just checked the manual for mine to double check and nothing gets plugged back in older models.

I’m stumped as well. So isles fine and runs ok until there’s any larger throttle angles basically? Then it sputters and dies? Surprised it’s not throwing a code somewhere.
Agreed... I would think it's a fueling issue or a timing issue from the sound of it but the supercharger is a mechanical device. Should make boost at higher rpm above idle. Mine still made boost in limp mode.

Maybe the TB is a problem? But that should immediately throw a code. Plug gapping? But that shouldn't matter if it starts and idles until the load is basically causing a misfire. That would be a gradual thing and I suspect it would throw a code as well.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Thank you to those who have answered so far to my questions. we send a datalog to edelbrock today. and its back at the ford dealer where they installed it. its been checked and checked from the installation side and we are assured its installed correctly. I mean its pretty clear on page 17 what to do with that sensor so. I would assume he done it correctly.

Like @Torinate mentioned, that s what happens runs fine untill.... once you try to give it anyting then light gas boom problems. But its not necessarily the gas. its when the vacuum gauge hits 5 its always when the gauge hits 5.

As for there being a TB issue.. the car was running perfect before the install and its a 2019. not sure how the TB could go bad betwen taking it off and putting it on. But who knows. I only mentioned the pil thing cause i read somewhere where some peopel took it out and things improved and the service people asked us to check it was there. and it is.

again thanks for any info.

I forwarded the info about that harness on page 17. heck never know :)

Its just so odd there are zero codes or erros showing. I was even thinking this is a duel fuel car. It used port injection in low rpms. Maybe something fell into the fuel system when it was taken off? its blocking a DI port? so when it calls for the DI fuel in higher rpm thats when it goes bananas? or something like that IM not a mechanic LOL

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thank you to those who have answered so far to my questions. we send a datalog to edelbrock today. and its back at the ford dealer where they installed it. its been checked and checked from the installation side and we are assured its installed correctly. I mean its pretty clear on page 17 what to do with that sensor so. I would assume he done it correctly.

Like @Torinate mentioned, that s what happens runs fine untill.... once you try to give it anyting then light gas boom problems. But its not necessarily the gas. its when the vacuum gauge hits 5 its always when the gauge hits 5.

As for there being a TB issue.. the car was running perfect before the install and its a 2019. not sure how the TB could go bad betwen taking it off and putting it on. But who knows. I only mentioned the pil thing cause i read somewhere where some peopel took it out and things improved and the service people asked us to check it was there. and it is.

again thanks for any info.

I forwarded the info about that harness on page 17. heck never know :)

Its just so odd there are zero codes or erros showing. I was even thinking this is a duel fuel car. It used port injection in low rpms. Maybe something fell into the fuel system when it was taken off? its blocking a DI port? so when it calls for the DI fuel in higher rpm thats when it goes bananas? or something like that IM not a mechanic LOL
Is that 5 PSI or 5 in Vacuum as far as the guaage is concerned?
Stock the DI does most of the heavy lifting. This is how you can run the car with stock 28lb injectors with this kit. both the port and the DI pump uses quick disconnect fittings. both stock and with the EB setup. I doubt anything got in there can can block the line without them knowing. it's a pretty tight fit. SOMETIMES, there is a problem with the extension harness for the TB, however this would definitely cause a CEL. I believe that Edelbrock fixed this problem from the early release.

Videos would be nice....

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Is that 5 PSI or 5 in Vacuum as far as the guaage is concerned?
Stock the DI does most of the heavy lifting. This is how you can run the car with stock 28lb injectors with this kit. both the port and the DI pump uses quick disconnect fittings. both stock and with the EB setup. I doubt anything got in there can can block the line without them knowing. it's a pretty tight fit. SOMETIMES, there is a problem with the extension harness for the TB, however this would definitely cause a CEL. I believe that Edelbrock fixed this problem from the early release.

Videos would be nice....
So one the pp1 cars there are 2 gauges on the center dash one is vacuum. you can do anything you want basically with the throttle can get to 70mph and what ever but if you try to give it gas fast and that gauge hits 5 the stuttering and bucking starts. It will even act like its gonna die for a second. I dont have the car but Not sure what a video would do, it would just show exactly what I said :) would just be a video of a car hitting 5 on the vacuum Gauge and then stuttering and bucking LOL. If I get a chance to get back in the car(its not mine and in a different town) ill try to make a video . I appreciate all your help.

And we have checked the harnesses. they are all good and all pins in place. And like you said I think they fixed that some time ago.

As of now the files are at edelbrock and sct. The cars at the dealer and there is even a dyno shop involved... no answer no one seems to know what the issue is.

I told my buddy it might simply be a bad supercharger. These things happen.
Sponsored