OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Cheers. I’ll be doing a bit of a spiel on the process and results once it’s all done.
Can’t wait for the extra torque!
I'll be especially interested to hear your comparison with the Whipple. I had a really hard time deciding between the two when I was ordering. Not so much the kits, as both are apparently top-notch, but the feel of driving it.
Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
just took the plunge on a 2300 kit. plan on running the EB cal on the stage 1 parts this year and jumping up to a stage 2 next year. anything i should just upgrade/install now while it's apart anyways?

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
just took the plunge on a 2300 kit. plan on running the EB cal on the stage 1 parts this year and jumping up to a stage 2 next year. anything i should just upgrade/install now while it's apart anyways?
If you're going to do OPG and CSS anyway, they're easier while everything's off the front of the engine. After all of that beautifully-perfect torquing, I had to remove all my idler plates when I did those two.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you're going to do OPG and CSS anyway, they're easier while everything's off the front of the engine. After all of that beautifully-perfect torquing, I had to remove all my idler plates when I did those two.
not changing those out. should i get different spark plugs and/or fuel injectors than what the kit comes with if i plan on upgrading the tb, air intake and tune later?

HA8N3RO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Mustang GT
not changing those out. should i get different spark plugs and/or fuel injectors than what the kit comes with if i plan on upgrading the tb, air intake and tune later?
Different spark plugs should be ok and can be used on the same EB tune, Evolution performance recommended NGK 6510 so I went with those. Bigger injectors will require a new custom tune. Stage 2 includes 78lb injectors and the fuel rails sit outside the blower, not a lot of work to change out.

Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Different spark plugs should be ok and can be used on the same EB tune, Evolution performance recommended NGK 6510 so I went with those. Bigger injectors will require a new custom tune. Stage 2 includes 78lb injectors and the fuel rails sit outside the blower, not a lot of work to change out.
excellent, thanks

can someone email me the install pdf or tell me where to find it? i'd like to get a jump start so when it arrives all the tear down is done.
@Edelbrock Tech

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I highly suggest NGK 6510's instead of the Ford plugs. Changing those out resolved a lot of the part throttle breakup I was feeling. Though I am Lund tuned and mine are gapped at .028 instead of .035 now.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I highly suggest NGK 6510's instead of the Ford plugs. Changing those out resolved a lot of the part throttle breakup I was feeling. Though I am Lund tuned and mine are gapped at .028 instead of .035 now.
Edelbrock sent me the iridium Ford Racing plugs with my kit, I compared them to my 6510's and I swear they looked identical. I ran the 6510 but had some spark knock from them, turned out I messed up the ground strap on a few of them thanks to my new(but now in the trash) spark plug gapper. I threw in the FRPP plugs(which are pre gapped at .029") as temporary plugs but they turned out to work great, I honestly think they are rebranded NGK6510s....

actually just looked, they are NGK plugs re-branded as Ford plugs, heat range 7 is one step colder which = 6510s

https://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-performance-spark-plugs-1117-gt.html

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Edelbrock sent me the iridium Ford Racing plugs with my kit, I compared them to my 6510's and I swear they looked identical. I ran the 6510 but had some spark knock from them, turned out I messed up the ground strap on a few of them thanks to my new(but now in the trash) spark plug gapper. I threw in the FRPP plugs(which are pre gapped at .029") as temporary plugs but they turned out to work great, I honestly think they are rebranded NGK6510s....

actually just looked, they are NGK plugs re-branded as Ford plugs, heat range 7 is one step colder which = 6510s

https://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-performance-spark-plugs-1117-gt.html

I'm fairly certain NGK does make them as there are only a handful of plug OEMs out there anyways (and they have a Japan label) but I'm 99% sure they are different, the straps seem to have a different metal composition. There is a reason one set is $40 and the other is $90. The NGK's are sooooo much easier to precision gap. I use an allstar tool with feeler gauges and you can really tell the difference in how the strap responds to pressure and the shape in general is different, more of an arc while the Fords are flat.

Glad yours work great for you though! Every car is a little different. Yours being an 18 maybe it likes the Fords better.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wasn’t able to use the Subaru orifice because it was too small to constrain without worrying about the engine ingesting it. I ended up with this guy:
8399C6A9-0DD0-48F6-A8D6-F6CA93178C83.jpeg

The .040” hole is almost 3x the one that comes with the EB kit. It makes for a nice transition. Still easy to get into boost, but not as quick to hop out.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Wasn’t able to use the Subaru orifice because it was too small to constrain without worrying about the engine ingesting it. I ended up with this guy:

The .040” hole is almost 3x the one that comes with the EB kit. It makes for a nice transition. Still easy to get into boost, but not as quick to hop out.
I have about 30 different size orifice fittings at work I might bring the EB one and find a similar OD size one with a bigger ID.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have about 30 different size orifice fittings at work I might bring the EB one and find a similar OD size one with a bigger ID.
I can tell you .120 was too big, and the EB .015 was too small. The .040 is nice, but at $6/per there’s only so many little nozzles my wife will let me buy to find the perfect one, lol.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Glad yours work great for you though! Every car is a little different. Yours being an 18 maybe it likes the Fords better.
Yeah that may be the case, I'm on 3" pulley o 93 octane with them gapped at .029" and having no spark issues. Car is running 14-15* of spark during WOT with a negative 2-3* of spark. so these def work, I will prob keep tossing these same plugs in the car unless I decide to shell out the cash for some Brisk's

Also, green belt came in, going to cut 2 ribs off and throw it on the car later tonight
64777816_437666680347433_962628108064653312_n.jpg

Last edited:

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
As far as cutting ribs off the belts, just go at it with a razor knife, or is there a better way?
Sponsored