OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
@ForYourOwnGood they sent you Bosch 50lb? My 2650 kit came with Ford Racing 47lb. Weird.
Sponsored

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011, 2015 & 2018 Mustangs
I talked to Lund and I have to get new injectors first, they don't tune the Bosch 50# that came with the kit.

Also, did a 4th gear pull log and something is definitely wrong. Lots of knock and the MAF airflow is very low for a boosted car, barely more than an N/A motor. Seeing 5* of timing at 6000 RPM.
The injectors in the kit are the LU47s. Make sure they (Lund) knows that. The injector rating is depended on the fuel pressure.

It seems like there may be an installation error. You should not be seeing knock if premium fuel is being used and you loaded the correct calibration file.

Also ensure that the bypass valve is functioning correctly (open at idle and closed when the engine is off). Make sure the airbox if properly engaged with the air scoop to the grille. I have seen them misaligned to the point where it can severely block airflow.

We are here to help.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
The injectors in the kit are the LU47s. Make sure they (Lund) knows that. The injector rating is depended on the fuel pressure.

It seems like there may be an installation error. You should not be seeing knock if premium fuel is being used and you loaded the correct calibration file.

Also ensure that the bypass valve is functioning correctly (open at idle and closed when the engine is off). Make sure the airbox if properly engaged with the air scoop to the grille. I have seen them misaligned to the point where it can severely block airflow.

We are here to help.
I have found what I think was causing the knock sensors to activate, the fuel line extension was hitting against the fuel rail hard enough to start scoring marks in it. I have flipped it away from the fuel rail and test drove it and it seems much better. Did not get to log it. Also re-snugged the mounting bolts which at 8 ft-lbs and no Loctite were all loose after a few heat cycles. This time I just tightened them until I was satisfied.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I bough the DW95 and a VMP BAP. My car runs perfect with my Lund Tune!
Yeah I am going to do a BAP as well, although I would really prefer to just run a bigger pump like the DW400 and add a check valve. I don't really like overvolting the pumps that much although everyone seems to do it on these cars.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Is anyone happy with the edlebrock tune? I don't mind giving up some hp to stay on the safe side but I'm not willing to give up driveability.

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

We are here to help.
Craigj also got bosch 50lb injectors in his kit. Mine were lu47s. Maybe thats why his edelbrock tune ran like garbage?

zrwhat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
My wife daily drove the car for a couple months with zero issues (short of the intercooler pump sticking on and killing the battery a few times) and stock drivability on a completely stock stage 1.

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011, 2015 & 2018 Mustangs
Craigj also got bosch 50lb injectors in his kit. Mine were lu47s. Maybe thats why his edelbrock tune ran like garbage?
Should be the same injectors whether they come individually packed in Bosch boxes or the Ford Performance packaging.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
My wife daily drove the car for a couple months with zero issues (short of the intercooler pump sticking on and killing the battery a few times) and stock drivability on a completely stock stage 1.
Good to hear other than the dead battery. Was ther any fix to the pump staying on?

Dun5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 15 Premium
Is anyone happy with the edlebrock tune? I don't mind giving up some hp to stay on the safe side but I'm not willing to give up driveability.
It’s not that I wasn’t happy with EB tune..it didn't work for me find out. Car idle alright. But once you turned it off and tried to start the car back up, it wouldn’t crank less you feathered the pedal as it tries to die. Car wouldn’t go over 4k rpms. Throttle plate would close and shut power down on the car. Don’t get me wrong the supercharge is awesome! I am super happy with it! I did save a ton of money getting this kit. But shelling out another $1500 on tune/BAP/ injectors/IAT brass plug and harness did sting a little. I did send logs (many) to EB but didn’t get a response back. How long was I suppose to wait???

Last edited:

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Here’s what I got.

If adding a BAP, do you have to tune specifically for it?
BEAA830D-2262-4433-96A8-B0EE157DAEE8.jpeg

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)