OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a little worried I might have a leak somewhere as well, I'm wondering if I'm getting unmetered air in.
Is it a very slight hesitation under non-acceleration throttle? Because I had that problem, too. It ended up being tune related. I beat myself up over it for 6 weeks and it ended up not being my fault.
Sponsored

392lightning

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
Yes, it was a simple fix. Car is up and running. Can anyone else confirm that the CARB tune doesn't have engine braking? This thing coasts for a decade before it starts to slow down now, I found myself having to constantly ride the brakes.
I just checked my harness. It does not fit the brass sensor. I am calling Edelbrock Tech now.

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

392lightning

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
Yes, I received the brass sensor, just did not get the correct harness to fit the sensor. I just talked to Tony in tech support. He said that some kits were shipped out with the wrong harness. For those that need a new harness just e-mail him at [email protected]. Put the supercharger part number in the subject line (1586). Put your ship to address in the e-mail along with the need for a new IAT harness. He will ship out a new harness 2nd day delivery. Tony is a really nice guy and easy to deal with.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Yes, I received the brass sensor, just did not get the correct harness to fit the sensor. I just talked to Tony in tech support. He said that some kits were shipped out with the wrong harness. For those that need a new harness just e-mail him at [email protected]. Put the supercharger part number in the subject line (1586). Put your ship to address in the e-mail along with the need for a new IAT harness. He will ship out a new harness 2nd day delivery. Tony is a really nice guy and easy to deal with.
Yep same for me. I did not want to wait so I went and got one at NAPA and cut the wrong one off and soldered the new one on. 10 minutes up and running, there is no polarity on it. He is still sending me a new one though.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Alright well something seems to be wrong, besides the lack of engine braking and throttle response is just plain pathetic and I'm only seeing 8* of timing at WOT. The car feels very sluggish.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Alright well something seems to be wrong, besides the lack of engine braking and throttle response is just plain pathetic and I'm only seeing 8* of timing at WOT. The car feels very sluggish.
Like I said man, it's in the tune. It's night and day difference once it's re-tuned. I literally spent 6 weeks crawling all over my car, laying awake at night thinking about what I could have missed. I know it'll cost, but it's totally worth the difference.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Like I said man, it's in the tune. It's night and day difference once it's re-tuned. I literally spent 6 weeks crawling all over my car, laying awake at night thinking about what I could have missed. I know it'll cost, but it's totally worth the difference.
Oh I'm planning to ASAP, I'm just worried that something is actually wrong. Going to be calling the shop I plan to use when they open in a little while to set up an appointment and see if they want me to grab a BAP and injectors as well. No problem throwing money at it for the price I got this kit for. I just don't want it to be hurt right now and I don't know it.

EDIT: I had read your entire OP but somehow I missed the part where you had the same issues I'm seeing. Derp.

Last edited:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a little worried I might have a leak somewhere as well, I'm wondering if I'm getting unmetered air in.
8* at what rpm?
Lack of engine braking is fairly standard if the tables aren’t quite sorted.
My Whipple was doing it on a custom tune. Fortunately, I had the car tuned previously, so the lack of engine braking was easily diagnosed as “not mechanical”.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
8* at what rpm?
Lack of engine braking is fairly standard if the tables aren’t quite sorted.
My Whipple was doing it on a custom tune. Fortunately, I had the car tuned previously, so the lack of engine braking was easily diagnosed as “not mechanical”.
8* flat at 100% throttle, I watched it for a 3rd and 4th gear pull from 4000-6500 and it doesn't change. Below that it bounces around as normal.

Sponsored

Dun5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 15 Premium
I felt your pain.. that’s why I went with Lund Racing!

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I talked to Lund and I have to get new injectors first, they don't tune the Bosch 50# that came with the kit.

Also, did a 4th gear pull log and something is definitely wrong. Lots of knock and the MAF airflow is very low for a boosted car, barely more than an N/A motor. Seeing 5* of timing at 6000 RPM.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
What injectors did Lund recommend? A BAP as well I’m assuming.
Sponsored