Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

HA8N3RO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Mustang GT
You need the $10 tool, 3/8 quick disconnect tool
31Vbb01AN9L._SX425_.jpg
I used this tool as well. Goes into the end of the connector and you push this tool into the connector while pulling the line out.
Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I used the plastic rings with a wrench straddling it for leverage and a buddy holding the firewall side. It’s a pita.
I used this tool as well. Goes into the end of the connector and you push this tool into the connector while pulling the line out.
I should elaborate, I do know how to disconnect those kinds of fittings I was just wondering if it was a nonstandard size or something. I have the plastic rings, the metal singles and those ones that Kona 18 posted that flip each way. None of them did anything even with my buddy holding the bottom. I was using 3/8 on all of them and it would not budge 1mm. Hmmm.

I've seen people using one thats a long handle but I don't know where to get it.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
@ForYourOwnGood you could get something like these and use them in conjunction with the rings. The biggest problem with this part of the install is getting the leverage to deflect the fingers....

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I apologize for the service you revived through our tech line. The support we provide here on 6G is separate from that. Please let me know if you have any questions and or need further assistance. Shoot me a PM anytime.
I can tell you I’ve had the same experience with EB online chat. BUT, I can also tell You that Nick @Edelbrock Tech here has been amazing! Every PM has been answered immediately or within at least 12 hours of sending it. Extremely responsive. He proves he absolutely cares about customers and resolving or answering any questions... even a few silly ones I’ve asked...

Thanks for the pics posted!

I’m still trying to find the time to install! Responsibilities seems to be getting in the way...

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Torinate I second your opinions of Nick and his response time. I was even getting responses to questions when the entirety of Edelbrock was on Christmas break. I’m sure he was, too. :clap:

Also, don’t responsibilities stink!?!

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Lol. Yea they do...

But at least I have the 2 big boxes sitting smack dab in the middle of the living room!

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
So I got the installation almost done, but I did run into one snag. I have the brass temp sensor and the plug on the harness is wrong. I sourced the correct plug (you can find it looking up a 1997 Camaro 5.7 LT1 IAT sensor) and I'm waiting on the supercharger tech guy to call me back and confirm the pins before I splice and solder the new plug on.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
@ForYourOwnGood so they sent you the original harness with the new sensor? I don't want to steer you wrong (other people chime in), but it shouldn't matter which wire goes to which side of the sensor. It's just a variable resistance circuit.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I thought there was a new harness as well.

Guess I should check mine as well and make sure I have the updated harness. I have the brass plug.

Whatcha think @Edelbrock Tech

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
@ForYourOwnGood so they sent you the original harness with the new sensor? I don't want to steer you wrong (other people chime in), but it shouldn't matter which wire goes to which side of the sensor. It's just a variable resistance circuit.
Yes, it was a simple fix. Car is up and running. Can anyone else confirm that the CARB tune doesn't have engine braking? This thing coasts for a decade before it starts to slow down now, I found myself having to constantly ride the brakes.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it was a simple fix. Car is up and running. Can anyone else confirm that the CARB tune doesn't have engine braking? This thing coasts for a decade before it starts to slow down now, I found myself having to constantly ride the brakes.
Yep, that's what I experienced as well.

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Maybe double check with who you purchased the intake kit from. They are in stock here as of 5/1/19 :like:
turns out they ordered it for delivery straight to the UK, you wouldn't ship it to their shipping agent based in california. panic over, it arrived today :like:

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
So you switched to a custom tune? I plan to soon as well. I want to get the clutch done first.
Yep. I'm incredibly picky about the drivability of my car. I was on the wait list for my local-rockstar-tuner when I started having issues early on. I kept my appointment through everything and, when the tune wasn't 100% once the run issues were ironed out, I had it dyno-tuned. Totally different animal with drivability, gas mileage, and performance. I am constantly seeing -4* on knock.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Yep. I'm incredibly picky about the drivability of my car. I was on the wait list for my local-rockstar-tuner when I started having issues early on. I kept my appointment through everything and, when the tune wasn't 100% once the run issues were ironed out, I had it dyno-tuned. Totally different animal with drivability, gas mileage, and performance. I am constantly seeing -4* on knock.
I'm a little worried I might have a leak somewhere as well, I'm wondering if I'm getting unmetered air in.
Sponsored