Sponsored

Edelbrock 2650 limp mode no CEL

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
Did a pull today in my edelbrock 2650 stage 2 for my 2018 gt and the engine shut off during. Afterwards it seems like its stuck in limp mode with no power.

There are no codes or CEL.

Anyone know what to do in this situation?

UPDATE: issue was due to the incorrect throttle body angle in tune with the ECU. Issue was resolved using the following procedure:

• Flash back to stock with SCT programmer
  • Plug stock throttle body into harness and turn ignition ON for 5 seconds but do NOT start engine
  • Turn ignition OFF
  • Reconnect 103mm throttle body and reflash supercharger calibration under CUSTOM TUNES ā€œEFORCEā€
I'd like to thank the edelbrock support team for getting this issue resolved quickly!
Sponsored

Last edited:

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
What scan tool?
Mechanical issue diagnosis.
#1 Dont run it if no oil pressure.
Check belts
Still making boost? Check for leak in FI system.
Check for any disconnected hoses
Check for any melted wires, disconnected harnesses.
Make sure all electrical, fuel, vacuum etc lines are not zip tied so tight the engine will disco/damage them when rocking on the mounts.
Oil sheen in top of coolant?
Compression test.
Remove any bananas from tail pipe

OP
OP

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
What scan tool?
Mechanical issue diagnosis.
#1 Dont run it if no oil pressure.
Check belts
Still making boost? Check for leak in FI system.
Check for any disconnected hoses
Check for any melted wires, disconnected harnesses.
Make sure all electrical, fuel, vacuum etc lines are not zip tied so tight the engine will disco/damage them when rocking on the mounts.
Oil sheen in top of coolant?
Compression test.
Remove any bananas from tail pipe
Oil pressure is fine, all lines are fine, coolant looks good, oil looks good, all lines are connected, gas mileage is really good just no power from 1/8 throttle to nearly full throttle. Then at full throttle it still goes just not as fast as it was.

Called edelbrock, they've never seen this issue before.

It almost seems like the throttle body isn't opening.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Oil pressure is fine, all lines are fine, coolant looks good, oil looks good, all lines are connected, gas mileage is really good just no power from 1/8 throttle to nearly full throttle. Then at full throttle it still goes just not as fast as it was.

Assuming you tested cycling the bypass manually (on Whipple you can manually test easily)...

Not building boost and SC now acting like intake restriction?

Sounds like broken SC belt or SC drivetrain.

Dont drive it
If SC input pulley is turning, but you arent building boost, then SC locked up.
Can happen due to due to several reasons:

Intake FOD binding rotors

Left over loose burr from mfg got into rotor drive
Etc

If you broke the SC input drive train, dont drive it with risk of FOD or anything loose in intake.

OP
OP

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80

Assuming you tested cycling the bypass manually (on Whipple you can manually test easily)...

Not building boost and SC now acting like intake restriction?

Sounds like broken SC belt or SC drivetrain.

Dont drive it
If SC input pulley is turning, but you arent building boost, then SC locked up.
Can happen due to due to several reasons:

Intake FOD binding rotors

Left over loose burr from mfg got into rotor drive
Etc

If you broke the SC input drive train, dont drive it with risk of FOD or anything loose in intake.
This would sound like a grinding metal noise coming from the SC?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
Its building boost, you cant operate the bypass valve manually or you'll damage it on this kit.

You might be right I'll have it towed to Ford.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
I am having limp mode issues with the Stage 1 kit on my 2019. Funny how Edelbrock is saying they haven't seen this when I am currently bitching to them about it.

Though, mine is actually tossing a code that proves it's their tune. (they still "can't" help me though).

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase

It almost seems like the throttle body isn't opening.
I had issues with the EB throttle extension cable when I first put mine together. I'm not sure this would be it if you aren't getting a CEL? Have you tried pulling the battery for 20 minutes?

OP
OP

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
I am having limp mode issues with the Stage 1 kit on my 2019. Funny how Edelbrock is saying they haven't seen this when I am currently bitching to them about it.

Though, mine is actually tossing a code that proves it's their tune. (they still "can't" help me though).
Try flashing it back to stock and then reload the tune, it fixed the issues I was having.

Wiggs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I have stage 3 with same 103mm TB but tuned by Lund and had the car do the exact same thing only 1 other time. Reflashed car, checked TB electrical connector and haven't had an issue since.

Sponsored

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011, 2015 & 2018 Mustangs
Did a pull today in my edelbrock 2650 stage 2 for my 2018 gt and the engine shut off during. Afterwards it seems like its stuck in limp mode with no power.

UPDATE: issue was due to the incorrect throttle body angle in tune with the ECU. Issue was resolved using the following procedure:

• Plug stock throttle body into harness and turn ignition ON for 5 seconds but do NOT start engine
  • Turn ignition OFF
  • Reconnect 103mm throttle body and reflash supercharger calibration under CUSTOM TUNES ā€œEFORCEā€
I'd like to thank the edelbrock support team for getting this issue resolved quickly!
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make this right. Glad our team was able to get this resolved for you quickly. :fistbump:

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a

I had that on Stage 1 and Tony with edelbrock overnighted me a new extension harness solved it immediately....

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible

• Turn ignition OFF
hey Iā€™m having this same issue what was your throttle angle at mine is at 21.94? Have you had any issues seen
Sponsored