Sponsored

Edelbrock 2018-2019 Mustang Modular Inlet 2650 TVS Supercharger – Stage 1 - 15832 & 158320

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 301A A10, Steeda Stop The Hop, Minimum drop springs, Pro action shocks and struts, UPR Vertical Links, spherical bearings, Steeda Xpipe , VMP Odin 88 MM pulley, Lund Tuned
Vehicle Showcase

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
What's all include in 158320 kit? I have a Lund NGUAGE . Does it have injectors? What size? BAP?
Thats the kit I ordered

- Entire SC kit and components
- 1 step colder iridium Ford racing plugs(comparable to 6510's, I actually set them next to a set of 6510's, and aside from the logo you could not tell them apart, I suspect NGK makes them for FRPP and it's actually the same exact plug)

Things you will need:
- Injectors(I recommend DW88's, they will support in excess of 1000whp on a 18+)
- Someone to tune the car

You do not need a BAP with the stage 1, I revved mine out to 8200rpm and never ran out of fuel with the stock pump, no BAP, and DW95 injectors. HFPFP stayed happy at 2900psi and fuel pressure was a good 73-76psi the entire time

SVOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 301A A10, Steeda Stop The Hop, Minimum drop springs, Pro action shocks and struts, UPR Vertical Links, spherical bearings, Steeda Xpipe , VMP Odin 88 MM pulley, Lund Tuned
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda box has had some MAF signal issues from what I read, also, the main limitation is the size of the filter, after that its the size of the lid. Although they're may be some gains to their box, who knows
I have the Steeda Closed air intake and it works flawlessly , I am on Flex fuel tune through Lund.

SVOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thats the kit I ordered

- Entire SC kit and components
- 1 step colder iridium Ford racing plugs(comparable to 6510's, I actually set them next to a set of 6510's, and aside from the logo you could not tell them apart, I suspect NGK makes them for FRPP and it's actually the same exact plug)

Things you will need:
- Injectors(I recommend DW88's, they will support in excess of 1000whp on a 18+)
- Someone to tune the car

You do not need a BAP with the stage 1, I revved mine out to 8200rpm and never ran out of fuel with the stock pump, no BAP, and DW95 injectors. HFPFP stayed happy at 2900psi and fuel pressure was a good 73-76psi the entire time
Thanks. I am Tuned Though Lund Now. Did You do the Install?

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
It looks like the stage 1 without tune comes with injectors .
Since the the protuner kit will come without them can I assume it will be maybe $200-$300 less ?
Looks like you will also have to choose the 103 mm TB which will be additional $.

I would spec one out with the 8 rib which is another $1700.
So may be close to $8K .
There is a used Gen 2 whipple kit with 10 rib in the classified for $6700 so that’s an option (I am sure won’t be there long ).
Just need to make up my mind if I want the “tired “ 3.2 KB /8 rib on my new motor or something “fresh “
If I drop all that coin (plus cost of new motor ) it might be hard to sell!

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Don't forget you can usually get some good deals with working with vendors vs just looking at retail cost. Also the stage 1 w/o tune does not come with injectors, I ordered it for that reason, no tune and no injectors. I did this bc I wanted to run my own larger injectors and the car gets tuned locally. The one surprising thing is that it does come with some good 1 step colder spark plugs, which saves you from spending $80 buying new colder 6510's

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like the stage 1 without tune comes with injectors .
Since the the protuner kit will come without them can I assume it will be maybe $200-$300 less ?
Looks like you will also have to choose the 103 mm TB which will be additional $.

I would spec one out with the 8 rib which is another $1700.
So may be close to $8K .
There is a used Gen 2 whipple kit with 10 rib in the classified for $6700 so that’s an option (I am sure won’t be there long ).
Just need to make up my mind if I want the “tired “ 3.2 KB /8 rib on my new motor or something “fresh “
If I drop all that coin (plus cost of new motor ) it might be hard to sell!
How much boost are you planning? At what point is the 8 rib regarded as “necessary”?

cookymunster_gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt grabber blue
Modular inlet Stage 1 and Stage 2 kits will be available for 15-17 cars in the very near future. The old 90mm inlet will no longer be produced.
If i were to buy a 2650 for the 15-17 cars with the 90mm inlet would I have the option to swap the inlet to the new larger inlet or is that not possible?

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
If i were to buy a 2650 for the 15-17 cars with the 90mm inlet would I have the option to swap the inlet to the new larger inlet or is that not possible?
No it’s a completely new casting, they trimmed up the guts to increase flow, the only “modular” part is the adapter for different throttle bodies. They really should call it a Gen2 or something like that.

Sponsored

cookymunster_gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
Ahh ok thanks for the info! I was considering a used 2650 someone was selling but this is a deal breaker for me. I’ll either be going with a v-7 or a whipple

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Edelbrock mentioned in another thread that you can swap over the nose drive from a modular unit onto a non-modular unit. I actually have the blower and I can tell it's all simply bolted on so swapping of nose drives is possible as long as they're willing to sell the part. Since the blower kit is modular a lot of the parts on it can be separate, the intercooler housing, the runners, the nose dive, these are all separate components that are bolted together and shipped as one.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Edelbrock mentioned in another thread that you can swap over the nose drive from a modular unit onto a non-modular unit. I actually have the blower and I can tell it's all simply bolted on so swapping of nose drives is possible as long as they're willing to sell the part. Since the blower kit is modular a lot of the parts on it can be separate, the intercooler housing, the runners, the nose dive, these are all separate components that are bolted together and shipped as one.
I stand corrected, didn’t look that way to me but then again it’s all just pictures on the internet; an exploded diagram would be nice.

cookymunster_gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
Awesome edelbrock just responded to me saying it is possible so I’m ordering my kit next Friday! a friend is selling a pre owned kit for a steal and I just didn’t want to pass up on the oppurtunity and this was the only thing holding me back. I can’t wait my car is gonna be a torque monster now i just gotta sell my intake manifolds

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Edelbrock Tech can you please comment on the above?
Any idea of pricing?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.