Sponsored

Eco boost VS GT

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
But I find it extremely interesting the V8'ers feel the need to vehemently defend themselves against it...
because dyno plots! I had a gas driving both. But I don't consider mashing the pedal as the sole compendium of "driving", the cultural blight and infestation of F&F notwithstanding.
Sponsored

jeremy0210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2020
There's few factors why I chose 2020 HPP ecoboost over GT base.
Since I paid ~35k for my HPP it was pretty much the same price considering you can buy used GT base if you add a bit more.
First thing I focused on was the options it had. The ecoboost I bought had digital cluster, handling package, premium trim heated, ventilated seats sync 3 blind spots... etc but the GTs with similar price range had base bucket seats, small 4 inch screen or it had outrageous miles.
Another factor was the speakers. I love listening to the music while I drive, the ecoboost I bought had B&O speakers but the base speakers the base model comes with is really shitty.
I understand the exhaust sound is unbeatable, I miss that part but if considering driving this car for 3~4 years, I wanted to focus on interior more, my comfortability. Despite the MPG I daily drive the car and HPP gives enough power for me.
I know some people won't understand that I bought ecoboost when I can buy GT base but everyone has different opinion. If you don't care about any of the premium stuff and you're all about the exhaust sound, go with the GT!

Last edited:

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
There's few factors why I chose 2020 HPP ecoboost over GT base.
Since I paid ~35k for my HPP it was pretty much the same price considering you can buy used GT base if you add a bit more.
First thing I focused on was the options it had. The ecoboost I bought had digital cluster, premium trim heated, ventilated seats sync 3 blind spots... etc but the GTs with similar price range had base bucket seats, small 4 inch screen or it had outrageous miles.
Another factor was the speakers. I love listening to the music while I drive, the ecoboost I bought had B&O speakers but the base speakers the base model comes with is really shitty.
I understand the exhaust sound is unbeatable, I miss that part but if considering driving this car for 3~4 years, I wanted to focus on interior more, my comfortability. Despite the MPG I daily drive the car and HPP gives enough power for me.
I know some people won't understand that I bought ecoboost when I can buy GT base but everyone has different opinion. If you don't care about any of the premium stuff and you're all about the exhaust sound, go with the GT!
I got a base GT with the 301a and safe and smart or whatever it’s called for well under $35k. I came from a nice BMW and the cloth seats are great. I did consider the GT Premium, but I didn’t want to spend a whole lot more money and I didn’t want the automatic. I would have considered the HPP, but there were none remotely close and yeah, I wanted the exhaust note, I have only ever had turbo fours. I also wanted a bit of a clean slate from which to mod. That said, I do regret not finding an HPP, I absolutely think they rock.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
my new '19 GT/PP1 300A was bought for 35k (40.4k sticker), just sayin.

I do regret not finding an HPP, I absolutely think they rock.
With handling pack, the car is pretty good. My regular '19 EB with a tune from Unleashed drove VASTLY better (stronger, pulled harder) than the HPP with Ford tune.

Last edited:

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 PP1 301A A10
I bought a GT PP1 10 sp 301a because it was cheap and it’s awesome, but a HPP eco boost at 8-12k ft the only difference will be the sound. If you live in high altitudes it would be fun to have the eco but in the flatlands it’s the V8 all day. That’s the main reason I bought the 3.5 F150. It runs circles around the V8 up here.

Sponsored

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
HPP is going to rule over the GT in "part throttle" contests for sure...

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
My original thought was, new car, full warranty, comfortable, handling package, so better brakes and tires. I would have swapped over my billsteins and springs. I can pay the difference in cash so no car payment. Car was some kind of grey so ticked that box. I remember why I don't like owning Black cars.

Downside, leather seats, I don't like them. 4 banger, I don't like them, huge info screen, I don't like them either.

Then I asked myself how would I feel everytime I walked out to get in the car?

My answer is the same as if I bought a V twin motorcycle from any company except HD. I'd not be happy.

So I still have my 17 GT. I will cry in a month or so when it's trade value drops like a stone.

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
There's just nothing like a V8. Every option and feature will fade into the background and be forgotten about once the newness wears off. The drive of the V8 Mustang will never get old.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Dfeeds, can you list a source for the bore spacing and different crank journal size and spacing? You didn't list it but if the bore centers are different then the heads would also be a different casting.
The bore size is different but not the bore spacing. The bore spacing and deck height are the same. According to this https://www.diyford.com/ford-coyote-engine-cylinder-block-performance-guide/ the voodoo block has thicker main webs. So like many of fords mod motor blocks, similar but different. The gen 3 heads have the casting for the DI pump and DI fuel injectors which, alone, make them different than the voodoo heads. The gen 3 also has different water ports than the gen 2 so I wouldn't be surprised if the same applies for the voodoo.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I still have my 17 GT. I will cry in a month or so when it's trade value drops like a stone.
sell it and you may be able to re-buy it at a lower price. :)

Sponsored

Kevindust

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 401A PP2 Active Exhaust, 2016 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport Upgrade manual, 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
My original thought was, new car, full warranty, comfortable, handling package, so better brakes and tires. I would have swapped over my billsteins and springs. I can pay the difference in cash so no car payment. Car was some kind of grey so ticked that box. I remember why I don't like owning Black cars.

Downside, leather seats, I don't like them. 4 banger, I don't like them, huge info screen, I don't like them either.

Then I asked myself how would I feel everytime I walked out to get in the car?

My answer is the same as if I bought a V twin motorcycle from any company except HD. I'd not be happy.

Why not look for a new GT PP while the trade in value on your 2017 is so high?

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
The bore size is different but not the bore spacing. The bore spacing and deck height are the same. According to this https://www.diyford.com/ford-coyote-engine-cylinder-block-performance-guide/ the voodoo block has thicker main webs. So like many of fords mod motor blocks, similar but different. The gen 3 heads have the casting for the DI pump and DI fuel injectors which, alone, make them different than the voodoo heads. The gen 3 also has different water ports than the gen 2 so I wouldn't be surprised if the same applies for the voodoo.
So like the 350 VS 400 small block chevy.

Still a coyote platform engine

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Why not look for a new GT PP while the trade in value on your 2017 is so high?
I've looked. I haven't found anything I like enough to have a car payment.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
If you're not too worried about it being a v8 then get it. It's your car and you're going to pay for it. Not like ppl are going to bash you for getting a EB. It's not for everyone including me because I love the sound of a v8.

But I'll be honest, when I had my gti and I was test driving a EB because it was cheaper than a gt, I fell in love with it but of course kept my gti back then.
Sponsored