Sponsored

EB Mustang Exhaust sound Clip thread.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Went in and listened to the Livernois Exhaust.

I'm not exactly sure which stage it was, but I know it at least had the downpipe and mid section (which includes the resonator delete). It sounded good! The RPM down low is more similar to RIP Tuning, but the high end has more sound to it and the turbo comes through more. I'm not sure if it's just because I haven't heard the RIP Tuning exhaust in person, but it doesn't seem to have much top end sound and sounds almost completely muffled. This sounds more meaty, with a growl up top. I'm looking forward to the video they produce, and will purchase this exhaust over the others I've heard. It doesn't have the tinny/bee sound that's present in the Ford Racing Sport exhaust or the MRT exhaust.

Got a walk around the shop. Very clean, with mills and tooling for block boring and any head work. Looking forward to the future items that will be coming out of this place for the Ecoboost.

Whatever exhaust you hear in person you will end up liking. Everyone has misconceptions about how these exhuasts sound because you really can only hear the higher frequencies through the videos unless it was really recorded with professional equipment
Sponsored

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Whatever exhaust you hear in person you will end up liking. Everyone has misconceptions about how these exhuasts sound because you really can only hear the higher frequencies through the videos unless it was really recorded with professional equipment
While I don't agree that you'll like whatever you hear in person... Most of the cellphone mics, or go-pros can't really capture the sound the way it is. Add to that the fact that you add another variable with playback and quality of the end user's gear.

You can't expect shitty headphones/speakers to reproduce the sound in the same manner. Even video games like Forza which use professional gear to record car audio don't sound the same as their real life counterparts. They're all approximations.

OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
While I don't agree that you'll like whatever you hear in person... Most of the cellphone mics, or go-pros can't really capture the sound the way it is. Add to that the fact that you add another variable with playback and quality of the end user's gear.

You can't expect shitty headphones/speakers to reproduce the sound in the same manner. Even video games like Forza which use professional gear to record car audio don't sound the same as their real life counterparts. They're all approximations.
Totally agree. I at least gave my videos a chance using a Blue Mikey condenser mic on my iPhone but it means nothing if playback is done on junk speakers or headphones.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Stainless Works posted on their Facebook today that R&D is finished on their system for the Ecoboost. Should have sound clips soon I would imagine. Looking forward to hearing it, so far I'm torn between RIP and Ultimate Racing...

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
I'm curious on how SW exhaust will sound without resonator or mufflers.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Late Model Restoration posted a new install video of the Borla Sport system a couple days ago. They recycled the same rev clip that we've seen before but there's a new dyno clip at the end of the video in case anyone is interested: [ame]

OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
TTT.. anyone stumbled on any new Sound clips or is anyone getting a new exhaust?

If it wasn't soo cold out I'd weld up a quick 3" straight pipe dumped at the axle for giggles to hear how it would sound.

YellowBee

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Eco-boost Mustang
I love MRT turbo high flow cat

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
I really would like to hear some Livernois sound clips.

Sponsored

YellowBee

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't like RIP Tuning. It isnt loud enough at idle.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
I don't like RIP Tuning. It isnt loud enough at idle.
I don't get wanting a loud 4cyl idle. A fart can is not a pleasurable sound nor does it bring thoughts of performance.Ive never understood paying big dollar for the same crappy sound you hear on any old 4 banger with a rusted blown out muffler:headbonk:

Just saw the above pics. Wow that exhaust looks very nice.:clap2:

Last edited:

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
Looks awesome. Now let's hear it!

I've heard the clips put out by RIP Tuning, but would love to hear it recorded by a third party.

YellowBee

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't get wanting a loud 4cyl idle. A fart can is not a pleasurable sound nor does it bring thoughts of performance.Ive never understood paying big dollar for the same crappy sound you hear on any old 4 banger with a rusted blown out muffler:headbonk:

Just saw the above pics. Wow that exhaust looks very nice.:clap2:

Because I can do whatever I want and it's my car. Just because YOU don't like the sound, doesn't mean I can't.
Sponsored