EB Mustang Exhaust sound Clip thread.

101a

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost 101a
Flowmaster Outlaw GT axlebacks with resonator. It took longer to get this done than I wanted to but I had no idea until I watched the video and got to hear all the crackles.

Sponsored

Last edited:

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
did a video of transbrake on an active exhuast car. pretty sure i had it in track mode, set to 3200 rpm

Bigstang16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red EB
Flowmaster Outlaw GT axlebacks with resonator. It took longer to get this done than I wanted to but I had no idea until I watched the video and got to hear all the crackles.

Flowmaster outlaw GT axelbacks??? DId you do any modification to the part or bolt right up?? It sounds really good!!

101a

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost 101a
Flowmaster outlaw GT axelbacks??? DId you do any modification to the part or bolt right up?? It sounds really good!!
Thanks! Yeah those are the GT axlebacks. I put on the V6/EB Outlaws axleback before this project so I had everything cut. The GT exhaust is about 2" shorter than the V6/EB ones.

I used two JEGS 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 pipe adapters (part # 31964). I had to cut the 2 1/2 side the long way, so it had four flaps that could fold into the Flowermaster pipe. I also had to use a pipe expander on the Flowmaster side to slightly enlarge it and then pound in the adapter.
IMG_4524.jpeg

The red lines are basically where the cuts were. It's unusual but a guy at work, works with metal and advised I take this route so that the outer pipe pushes against the adapter and the adapter pushes against the pipe making a better seal.

I did try to expand the adapter to fit over the Flowermasters but my 650 pound Milwaukee impact driver could not expand the adapter more than a MM. I wish it would've been easier but at least someone can benefit from my experience.

IMG_4526.jpeg

The pipe expander worked great on the Flowmaster end and stretched it enough.

IMG_4595.jpeg

I was able to fit everything on without cutting down on the new length but it was an inch too long and hit the differential while drive around. It did look great though with the tail pipes sticking out but the rattling was horrible.

So I had to take it off again and cut an inch from the 2 1/4 side and that was it. I previously put on the GT rear valence for my tow hook but that was easy and only required removing the bumper which I did for the tow hook and also the rear fog light.

Here's the list from the video which may or may not affect the sound:

Factory airbox
K&N drop-in air filter 33-5029
Airaid modular intake tube 450-930
Steeda ProFlow Blow Off Valve Adapter
Steeda S550 Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost Throttle Body Spacer
Factory downpipe
Factory resonator
JEGS 31964 Slip-On Exhaust Pipe Adapter [2 1/4 in. ID to 2 1/2 in. ID] welded on
Flowmaster Outlaw 2018+ GT Axleback 817821 welded on

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost 10A
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost with K&N drop in filter, CVF street intercooler, ATP catless downpipe, MBRP Race exhaust, and COBB stage 3 ots tune:

Sponsored

avidec3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Avinash
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost fastback
I see you live in Texas... have you faced any issues during State Inspection?
Previous owner of my mustang did a muffler delete and am considering MBRP race catback as one of the options.

Just installed mbrp race catback. Stock DP.
2018 Ecoboost Prem PP

BlueHPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP/HP 6MT, 03 Boxster S, 97 M3
I did a Borla active exhaust install on my 2020 HPP. Sound can be heard here:

I was hoping it was lighter. It is by about 2.5 pounds. But I think it does sound better. Image show it was in normal mode. Sport and track are louder. Db meter was 6 feet behind the right pipe about pipe height.

StockIdle3000 rpmBlippedBorlaIdle3000 rpmBlipped
Quiet
66​
83​
101​
47.5 lbs
65​
82​
108​
Normal
69​
82​
109​
66​
86​
115​
Sport
65​
87​
112​
65​
87​
118​
Track
65​
87​
116​
66​
86​
120​

jeremy0210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2020
I did a Borla active exhaust install on my 2020 HPP. Sound can be heard here:

I was hoping it was lighter. It is by about 2.5 pounds. But I think it does sound better. Image show it was in normal mode. Sport and track are louder. Db meter was 6 feet behind the right pipe about pipe height.

StockIdle3000 rpmBlippedBorlaIdle3000 rpmBlipped
Quiet
66​
83​
101​
47.5 lbs
65​
82​
108​
Normal
69​
82​
109​
66​
86​
115​
Sport
65​
87​
112​
65​
87​
118​
Track
65​
87​
116​
66​
86​
120​
Hey man I also have active exhaust and wanted to make the sound louder, by looking the chart it doesn't seem to be that much louder than the stock AE. How is it in person? Also is there a sound difference with borla S to AE? I can't really feel the difference on the video. It'll be great if you can help out!

tommyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP manual
Hi folks. Is it necessary to disconnect the cabin sound tube when I install an axleback or does it enhance the sound. Thanks

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
Magnaflow street vs competition catback.

People who have heard both, is the competition too loud? Like motorcycle loud? I'm deciding between the street and competition, I'd like something a little louder than stock which might turn heads when accelerating mildy to aggresive. I'm leaning towards the street but I don't want to feel like I should've gotten the competition. Is the street loud enough to notice that it's an aftermarket exhaust from the outside? Or does it sound more like a stock sports car? At the same time I definitely don't want to exceed 100dB.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
We are ecoboost unless you get a different downpipe, no catback will be stupid loud.

the downpipe is really the bottleneck for sound.

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
We are ecoboost unless you get a different downpipe, no catback will be stupid loud.

the downpipe is really the bottleneck for sound.
I am not going to add a downpipe, but catbacks without them can still be loud to almost obnoxious like the Borla atak right? I've never had an aftermarket exhaust so I'm not really used to it, that's why I wonder if the Competition would be too loud. I also track my car occasionally so it cannot exceed the 100dB limit.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I am not going to add a downpipe, but catbacks without them can still be loud to almost obnoxious like the Borla atak right? I've never had an aftermarket exhaust so I'm not really used to it, that's why I wonder if the Competition would be too loud. I also track my car occasionally so it cannot exceed the 100dB limit.
im saying, the downpipe is the bottleneck.

really, most catbacks will be pretty similar on output. some are raspier than others, some will drone more than others. but the potential sound will basically be similar with all using same downpipe

either CJPP or AM does those little cutback videos, where they take recordings before/after and compare, with little sound meter and such. watch the videos

devarin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I managed to get the pieces together for the MBRP Armor Pro Street Active Exhaust for Ecoboosts and I am pretty happy with it already. It looks great and definitely gives it a different sound profile. The cold start is more aggressive and low rpms especially sound richer and deeper. The stock active exhaust system takes advantage of some low drone sound to give it depth whereas this system almost completely eliminates the drone but restores it with some good throaty notes. I can't wait to break it in and see what it sounds like!

All thanks to Applewood Performance Center in Langley, BC for the pro install.

IMG_6656.jpeg

Cold Start
Track Mode
Sponsored

Last edited: