Sponsored

DSS 2000hp Half Shaft Blown Boot?

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Yikes.

I'd heard of issues with their stuff and watching this customer service train wreck confirms that I'll stay away from their things.

I hope you guys who are affected are able to get it solved!
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Got one side done today. Getting the outer stub off takes quite a bit of ā€˜persuasionā€.... the other side I could NOT beat it off. The outer stub/cv is held on by a similar lock ring that the axles are held into the diff with. There is a very specific spot to beat on without damaging the bearing race. A little hub if you will that is the splined part and has the lock ring groove. Ended up on the side I couldnā€™t get off taking the inner cv off. Itā€™s pretty easy, a large lock ring holds the stub, and then a snap ring for the inner hub. Problem is now I need clamps for the inner since it had to come off............ nowhere in town has the size needed for the inner cv boot. Should have clamps and more grease from Amazon Tuesday. Fuck waiting around on dss to send more....

Dss straight told me taking the inner off is the easier way and less likely to damage anything. Why they didnt send inner and outer clamps, outer boots for the actual repair, 4 packs of grease, and 2 nuts blows my mind. $1500 axles with an obvious flaw on their part, and they canā€™t send $20 worth of parts to the customer who has to fix their mistake......

Will never see another dime from me, had planned on their carbon driveshaft at some point.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Will never see another dime from me, had planned on their carbon driveshaft at some point.
Man this sucks. I'm sorry to hear. I'm not going down the route of fixing them myself. Terry is having me send them back to be repaired. I don't at all agree with owning the risk of messing them up trying fix them.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Sorry guys... this sucks.

Fingers crossed on my stockers staying in tact.

When the dr side goes, ill probably just replace with the upgraded Ford piece and save some cash.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
The shit show just went to level 2

dss axle nut ruined.jpg

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

dss axle nut ruined.jpg
What an absolute shit-show. :curse:
After my own recent experiences with DSS, and now seeing all of this, I feel 100% confident that I made the right choice when opting for QA1 over DSS for my driveshaft.
Hopefully others see this mess before choosing.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a

dss axle nut ruined.jpg
Same exact thing for me. Slinging grease, went to remove and removed my threads. I am requesting a new set of axles but theyā€™re not going for it. Outlaws here I come

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Wow, this seals the deal for me. These are quite obviously all manufacturing/product defects and their lack of anything less than replacing them on the spot is exactly why I will not be buying any of their products.

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
Thatā€™s sad to spend good money on parts from a well known company and get parts that are of this quality. Iā€™m ok with a company making a mistake as long as they make it right. Not replacing these axles was not cool and I feel for you guys.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Looks like I know which company Iā€™ll be avoiding when I get my axles

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Mine didnā€™t tear up the threads at all interesting enough.

Any thoughts on all this mess Terry @beefcake ?

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
First 8 mile journey to the car wash and a quick highway blip still intact! ā€œCrosses fingersā€

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Mine didnā€™t tear up the threads at all interesting enough.

Any thoughts on all this mess Terry @beefcake ?
*cricket* *cricket*

Another reason why Iā€™m hesitant to take a vendorā€™s word on driveline components because according to them, every driveshaft and axle they sell is perfect and no one has ever complained before lol.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Updates from everyone on this? My axles made it to DSS yesterday but no word just yet.
Sponsored