Sponsored

Drivng with the windows down

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Not me.

I want to keep the new car smell as long as possible.

I have a 1998 ZR2 Chevy truck that smelled new until about 5 years ago.
Once that new smell is gone, well.............:shrug:
Sponsored

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I need to try this more often. From time to time I crack the windows, but never really drive with it/them all the way down.

After all Atlanta, GA gets HOT at times

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
I drive with the windows down a lot. Shoot, sometimes I’ll even drop the top...Sounds like you could be a convertible guy some day.

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
Just got back from Indy, in my new 18, I think its one of the LOUDEST cars ever! with windows down, even though I >like< driving with them down, I think its super loud, cant hear the radio, either, actually thought about putting my motorcycle ear plugs in, that I had in my jacket pocket. but just kept going.....

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
I'm gonna slightly disagree here. I love to drive with both windows down, but where I drive on the highway...I don't know if it's location or what, but the wind is conveniently always blowing perpendicular to the direction I'm traveling in and it's really annoying. Always have to raise the passenger window up and leave it cracked to enjoy the highway drive.

Sponsored

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Or with the roof down. ;) Amusingly, at least on the highway, the top goes down & the windows go back up. :)

Spike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spike
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Mustang Fastback2016
Windows down for me also plus I get the added bonus of hearing my' Corsa Extreme' exhaust, who needs a radio when you can appreciate the sound of a V8 !:D

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Always drive with the windows down. The white noise of the wind conveniently masks any rattles in the car, plus you can hear the exhaust better.

Course I think my hearing is on its way out, but it is a small price to pay....

-T

OP
OP
Joe B.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I drive with the windows down a lot. Shoot, sometimes I’ll even drop the top...Sounds like you could be a convertible guy some day.
After four years of ownership, my OCD over this one was killing me so I had to part with it.
IMG_9580.jpg

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I drive with my windows down all the time, but I'm very OCD about keeping my interior spotless, so if it's dusty or there's a lot of pollen out, I will put them up. Today when I went out to my car I realized the windows were down, I must have accidentally hit my key fob and put them down last night. Luckily, even though it sat out all night with the windows down, there was no pollen and it didn't rain. I panicked thinking the whole interior would be covered in dust or pollen since it's been really bad the past few weeks. I still vacuumed and wiped down everything, but it seems fine. I'll have to make sure to double check the windows every night now.

Sponsored

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
I haven't rolled down the windows once since I got them tinted shortly after driving off the lot. Don't want them to get scratched. Anyone else crazy like me?

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I haven't rolled down the windows once since I got them tinted shortly after driving off the lot. Don't want them to get scratched. Anyone else crazy like me?

Nope, my windows are tinted and I always drive with the windows down. I've never even used my A/C except I think the day I bought it to make sure it worked.

oldgeezer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT base, Ingot Silver, 6MT, 3.55
Windows down all the time for me, except when it is really cold or I am on the freeway.

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Air really does flow well around the car and doesn't get too windy inside. I ran a wet track session where we had to keep the windows down, and the interior stayed almost completely dry
256A5559-ZF-9534-46039-1-001-082-1.jpg

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Heck, I've even been known to drive with the window down, and the AC on. :) There's one thing I've noticed about our 2018 Vert. It has more rear window bounce than our previous 13. I can stop easily, but I found it odd as the designs is basically the same.
Sponsored