MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Windows down and top down.... only way to roll!
Depends on the speeds & what I'm listening to & how effective my sunglasses are being a keeping bugs & dust out of my eyes. :D

Kansas GT

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Heck, I've even been known to drive with the window down, and the AC on. :) There's one thing I've noticed about our 2018 Vert. It has more rear window bounce than our previous 13. I can stop easily, but I found it odd as the designs is basically the same.
My driver-side window is cracked or down pretty much all of the time as long as it isn't raining. If it's hot outside, I rock the AC and cooled seats. If it's cold outside, I rock the heater and the heated seats.

The new car smell is nice and all, but fresh air is amazing. I probably would have been happy in a Vert hah.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I probably would have been happy in a Vert hah.
I had the top down and the windows down on the highway today... it was SO nice out around 7 pm in the DC metro...

Most people like to put their windows up in the vert when driving on the highway... I like the wind blowing all over the place. Although, I did lose something, which I believe was white, today. Maybe a receipt... I hope. :lol:

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
I’m with you, jtmat...today I drove top-down from Manassas to Rehoboth top & all windows down all the way! The wind-deflector eliminates the cabin turbulence so fortunately nothing has ever blown out. Crossing the Bay Bridge is always fun but AWESOME with the top down!

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Yeah both Windows down 90% of the time:headbang:. Only up when pissing down with rain or hot above 35°c. I just love the sound and freedom. In the cold months like now its heated seats on max, heater on hot and all vents my way, summer opposite......fn love my Mustang :love::D

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Me-Windows Down...stereo cranking
Me with Wife-Windows Up..stereo down....ftl :)

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
Love the windows down
If I had a sunroof I would open that too
No, I do not drive with the doors open

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Best car I've ever had for windows down driving. Even the wife thinks so.

I love listening to the Mustang song although my new office location requires mostly highway driving so it's not nearly as enjoyable as it used to be.

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Depends on the speeds & what I'm listening to & how effective my sunglasses are being a keeping bugs & dust out of my eyes. :D
I've found myself keeping the radio pretty low and listening to the engine and exhaust more than anything. I did drive home from Orlando one afternoon with the radio blaring and the top down running about 80+ on the 417 and I-4. When I got out of the car, I felt like I had been at a concert all afternoon.

Sponsored

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Lol so I just got my windows tinted yesterday and they said to not open the window for 3 days.......I really wanted to open it haha, especially in this nice Northern Cali weather.

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Lol so I just got my windows tinted yesterday and they said to not open the window for 3 days.......I really wanted to open it haha, especially in this nice Northern Cali weather.
Eww. Forgot about that. no top down for 3 days. :-(

That was one nice thing about the Audi TT, it just dropped the windows an inch to lower the top. I didn't have to wait for them to go down all the way to lower the top. It's like the Mustang can't do 2 things at once.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Windows down is a necessity since my AC never works right any more.

It's my preferred way of driving, so long as I'm below 70 mph. Anything above that, and the wind noise gets too loud.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I have always been a keep the windows up kinda guy....... to keep the dust out and the new-car smell in.

This never happened with the Mustang for some reason. The stock exhaust for Australian bound Mustangs is so quite that from new a drivers window down situation was called for so as to hear the classic V8 growl that a Mustang should have.

Thing is, even after an exhaust upgrade, the window remains down. I just cant not drive this car with the window down and the rumble entering the cabin. Just makes me happy, and to hell with dusty cabin or new car smells!

Had my mum in the car a while ago. Knowing my somewhat anal approach to car care, turned to me and said "I know why you have the window down all the time on this car". Mother knows best...............
Sponsored