Sponsored

Drivng with the windows down

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
An unexpected absolute pleasure in this car. My favorite way to drive, rain excluded and the elimination of drip moldings is another story.
My Mustang's cabin is amazingly quiet and draft free compared to what I'm used to, even on the highway. The aero shapes of most new cars make the interior very unpleasant when the windows are open with rumbling, wind noise, flapping headliners and haboobs. The vent windows or "no drafts" as we called them on the cars I grew up in were mostly good for making a loud wind noise and flicking ashes. The two 'vettes I had were no better.
I only have three thousand miles on her, but each is more enjoyable than the last. So whether by design or accident, thanks Ford for making my open air driving experience a fun one.
Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. Love that there is no wind buffering inside the car with the windows down like most coupes.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
As long as you don't drive with one window all the way down and the other up. The Mustang isn't alone in that issue. Slightly opening the other window fixes that easily enough.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
My preferred way to drive too. I even do it in the winter with the heat on, call me crazy. I've had rain guards on cars before but I will not add it to my Mustang. It is kind of annoying when I want to roll the windows down after a rain and all the water comes dripping in, but it's a minor problem.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
It is kind of annoying when I want to roll the windows down after a rain and all the water comes dripping in, but it's a minor problem.
I keep a MF towel behind the seat. I roll down the window a bit, then use the towel to sweep all the water back to front along the roof edge. No more waterfall coming in the window.

Sponsored

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
I agree! I love driving this car with the windows down!

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Yup! Except with one window down. I get the crazy loud helicopter sound pressure noise on any speeds above 45mph lol.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Add me to the list. I drive with the windows down all the time. One or both.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Windows down in a Mustang just feels right in my opinion. Really the only time I close the window is when it's raining or really windy or if there is a lot of dirt/pollen flying around.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm good with the windows down till ~60 mph, where they go up just due to the loudness.

Fastest I've been with the windows down is 140mph (on a closed track, and wearing a helmet)

Sponsored

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
Windows up and AC on most days from May-October.

Windows always down from November-April.

I've only experienced wind buffering on sedans and SUVs with the rear windows rolled down.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Couldn't agree more with OP.

This morning driving my Audi Q5, had to close windows and run A/C, because windows open at anything above 20 MPH, too much turbulence and windows buffeting/vibrating creating.

This afternoon got the in the Mustang, A/C off, both windows open and enjoyed the drive to work.

tukn20s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
i've only driven with the windows down one time and ive had my stang for 10 months now. at first i drove to keep the new car smell and now i just want to keep the interior as clean as possible. yes, the interior still gets dirty with peeps coming in and out, but far less dirty than with the windows down.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I drive with the windows down all the time even when taking the expressway the 10 miles to the grocery store, people look at me like I am nuts, i love it, lol.

TC
Sponsored