Driving mode cannont be Accessible?

DirtyTx210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
2016 gt350. Wondering if anyone has experienced this problem? So when vehicle is started doesn't let me change into sports mode or any other mode. If I restart the vehicle sometimes it will let me change into the mode? Also noticed while driving in sportsmode after 10 mins or so it will automatically shut off notifying a message "driving mode not accessible". Has anyone exprienced this situation? What should I do?
Sponsored

KEVIN J TURK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017gt350
2016 gt350. Wondering if anyone has experienced this problem? So when vehicle is started doesn't let me change into sports mode or any other mode. If I restart the vehicle sometimes it will let me change into the mode? Also noticed while driving in sportsmode after 10 mins or so it will automatically shut off notifying a message "driving mode not accessible". Has anyone exprienced this situation? What should I do?
My car did this and it ended up being my battery was on its way out. Popped a new one in and everything was fine.

OP
OP
DirtyTx210

DirtyTx210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
Alright Kevin good tip. I've owned the vehicle for one year now and I'm sure battery is on the way out. Need to check it since I don't drive it often.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
If the gear shift is in reverse, even if the clutch is in all the way, youā€™ll get that message.

A crappy battery can definitely cause electrical gremlins such as what youā€™re experiencing, so if youā€™re getting it while driving, thatā€™s likely the culprit.

Best of luck!

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
If the gear shift is in reverse, even if the clutch is in all the way, youā€™ll get that message.
Wow that finally explains why I had that issue a few times at VIR. I put it in reverse once or twice because I was parking it on the slope. Two years later and now I know.

Sponsored

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I accidentally set up MyKey on the second key and it seemed to have defaulted to an almost valet mode. Something similar would happen if I used that key. If I used the master key all was fine.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

. . .
Good info right there!

JGT_TreeFiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
GT350
From my experience, if one of your exhaust valve actuators is acting up, you will also get this issue.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DirtyTx210

DirtyTx210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
Ok. I'll keep an eye on that too. I heard the actuators do go out or the cord can melt or stick to the exhaust but so far so good.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Turned out it was a bad battery. Guess the "cold" weather here in TX finally killed the battery. It has been working fine since.
It really is crazy how these new cars start to freak out when the batteries are starting to go.
I remember the first time this happened to me, the battery was the last thing on my mindā€¦.now itā€™s the first.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Ok. I'll keep an eye on that too. I heard the actuators do go out or the cord can melt or stick to the exhaust but so far so good.
I don't believe it melts it's very insulated well with heat shield too. The butterfly valve may get stuck but some LiquidWrench and a screw driver to break it loose is the fix. For giggles, liquid wrench it every 6 months.

Appreciate the feed back.
Same issue, I believe my battery was either replaced or I had not driven it in a while and the voltage was low and it eventually fixed itself with the help of the alternator.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
It really is crazy how these new cars start to freak out when the batteries are starting to go.
I remember the first time this happened to me, the battery was the last thing on my mindā€¦.now itā€™s the first.
My sisters infiniti suv shut off randomly because the climate control sent the fuel pump a signal to turn off. Lolā€¦. How the 2 systems have any interaction is beyond me. So when she set her heat to 72*F, the fuel pump shut off.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
My sisters infiniti suv shut off randomly because the climate control sent the fuel pump a signal to turn off. Lolā€¦. How the 2 systems have any interaction is beyond me. So when she set her heat to 72*F, the fuel pump shut off.
Pretty interestingā€¦. I wonder if the climate control system was sensing a fire.

My Nest smoke/co detectors at home will shut down my HVAC when they sense smoke/fire, so as not to spread the smoke/CO through the entire house while you exit. Who knowsā€¦ maybe the same thought process?
Sponsored