Sponsored

Driving mode differences

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Does anybody know exactly what is changed with the different driving modes? I was cruising around last night and switched from Sport to Race and it felt like the throttle was less snappy. In Sport mode, the car's acceleration actually felt faster but maybe the throttle is smoothed out for faster lap times in Race mode? Thoughts?
Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Does anybody know exactly what is changed with the different driving modes? I was cruising around last night and switched from Sport to Race and it felt like the throttle was less snappy. In Sport mode, the car's acceleration actually felt faster but maybe the throttle is smoothed out for faster lap times in Race mode? Thoughts?
Do a quick search, this has been discussed in depth numerous times. It is also outlined in your users manual that came with the car, though I don't remember how in depth they explain it.

Track mode is 100% throttle sensitivity for accuracy purposes on track.. sport sensitivity is higher than 100% to give an impression of more power during street driving.

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
Do a quick search, this has been discussed in depth numerous times. It is also outlined in your users manual that came with the car, though I don't remember how in depth they explain it.

Track mode is 100% throttle sensitivity for accuracy purposes on track.. sport sensitivity is higher than 100% to give an impression of more power during street driving.
I usually use Sport mode for the throttle response but switch ride and steering back to normal ... our small town streets are a little rough.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I usually use Sport mode for the throttle response but switch ride and steering back to normal ... our small town streets are a little rough.
I find myself doing the exact same thing; no reason to have the ride any stiffer than necessary on the street! The additional throttle response is appreciated though.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I like the Steering and Throttle of Sport, but haven't really put the suspension back on normal. Maybe I'll try it some afternoon

Sponsored

Conedodger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-R
I can tell you from experience that in every mode except Track if you slide the car at all the stability control kicks in and the PCM cuts power for a few moments even if stability control is turned off.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I can tell you from experience that in every mode except Track if you slide the car at all the stability control kicks in and the PCM cuts power for a few moments even if stability control is turned off.
That's what I keep saying! On the track in Track mode I have never felt SC kick in. Track mode works essentially how I understood FP descriptions of the mode. You would have to get the car pretty sideways for SC to make a correction in Track mode. Ford: Track is used for spirited, aggressive, and limit handling while at race tracks or autocross events. Wheel spin and yaw limits are opened up to not interfere with a skilled driver while retaining some system aids.

Brian F

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Ran an autocross last Sunday. Used Track setting. Stability control kicked in several times, keeping me from being able to accelerate. I was NOT crazy out of shape, either. Turned Advance Trac off, holding the traction control button up for about 10 seconds. Worked much better, except on 2 runs, it switched back to normal mode and Service Advanced Trac came up on the info screen. Shut the car off and restarted it. Everything worked as normal again. Took it in for the oil line recall Monday and had then go ahead and check for any codes. They found one. It had something to do with tire pressure affecting the Advance Trac. They adjusted the pressures. I guess I will see what happens, in a couple weeks, at the next autocross event.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Ran an autocross last Sunday. Used Track setting. Stability control kicked in several times, keeping me from being able to accelerate. I was NOT crazy out of shape, either. Turned Advance Trac off, holding the traction control button up for about 10 seconds. Worked much better, except on 2 runs, it switched back to normal mode and Service Advanced Trac came up on the info screen. Shut the car off and restarted it. Everything worked as normal again. Took it in for the oil line recall Monday and had then go ahead and check for any codes. They found one. It had something to do with tire pressure affecting the Advance Trac. They adjusted the pressures. I guess I will see what happens, in a couple weeks, at the next autocross event.
Autocrossing generates stronger and more abrupt G forces. I definitely would disable all driver AIDS during autocrossing

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
I have kicked the rear out pretty far in track mod while on the track and there was no interference. I am very comfortable driving cars without nannies, and I get no interference in track mode.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
I have kicked the rear out pretty far in track mod while on the track and there was no interference. I am very comfortable driving cars without nannies, and I get no interference in track mode.
Same here! Guess that's why the mode is called Track mode and not autocross mode ; )

Reactions: CSL