Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
Great garage.
I also came from European cars and found the seat too high.
What I read is that it is what it is. The only way to go lower is to replace with an aftermarket seat and bolt it to the floor.
If you end up having custom brackets made, get two sets made and I’ll buy one.

OP
OP

muntzr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 , 991.1 GT3, Ferrari F430, 2018 Raptor
Thank you

yes other than the seat issue , I would say the Shelby is the closet driving experience I’ve had to the GT3.

says a lot about the development Ford put in to these cars

Sponsored

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Thank you

yes other than the seat issue , I would say the Shelby is the closet driving experience I’ve had to the GT3.

says a lot about the development Ford put in to these cars
Club raced a BMW on and off from 2002 to 2015. Best event I ever ran in was a club race at the grand am track at California Speedway in Fontana in 2004. The 40 car field consisted of 20 BMWs, 19 Porsches, and one Ferrari. What a blast!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree the seats in Mustangs feel too high if you are used to sportier cars. Please post what you end up doing as I'm very interested.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I absolutely felt the same way to start when I bought the car, but over time i've gotten more used to it than I expected I would.

BadHabit2Break

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I am 6' 7" and with my helmet on, I have to slide down in the seat some or my head leans on the roof....lol.

Hawkeye1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, Tesla Mdl X, 911 GT3, V90, 911S, Z4
I recently purchased a 2018 Shelby GT350 and have put about 300 miles on it . Overall I’m getting more comfortable with it with the exception of the Driver’s Side Recaro seat seems very high ( compared to my 2015 GT3 or F430).

I removed Seat to inspect for possible modifications to lower…

has anyone had success on this before?

it needs to go down approx 1.25”
I have the same problem. I'm 6'3" and during track days have to recline the seat to a nearly comic angle and move the seat bottom closer to the dash so I can reach the steering wheel. Unlike you, I have the 'comfort' chairs, because I wanted ventilated seats and more cushioning. I've searched the internet for options, but only found complete seat replacements, which I'm not interested in. If you find someone who can reliably fabricate some type of lowering brackets, I'm in. My other cars don't have this problem. I have a 911 convertible and a 911 coupe, and both have more head room than the Shelby. Thanks.

Last edited:

Sponsored

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I put GT 350 heated/cooled seats in my 16 convertible and they were definitely higher than my convertible seats I replaced the base and that allowed the seat to go down like the convertible had. So a convertible base is lower than a normal base for some reason at least in the 2016. 6’2 here

OP
OP

muntzr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 , 991.1 GT3, Ferrari F430, 2018 Raptor
Thanks OldPhart, glad to hear your still rolling Horse power @ 80! Give us all plenty to live for .
My issues isn’t overall head clearance , it’s the feel of riding too high relative to dash height, steering column and hood- basically riding on it-not in it.

I know if I can get the seat frame down 1-1.25” it would help.

Just been too busy to drive it or get back on project .

I did however spend 220 miles in my GT3 yesterday doing a PCA drive - it’s totally different.

I’m hoping some additional seat time in the GT350 will help remedy the concern or a modification.

I really appreciate the feedback, great group of enthusiasts here !

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Thanks OldPhart, glad to hear your still rolling Horse power @ 80! Give us all plenty to live for .
My issues isn’t overall head clearance , it’s the feel of riding too high relative to dash height, steering column and hood- basically riding on it-not in it.

I know if I can get the seat frame down 1-1.25” it would help.

Just been too busy to drive it or get back on project .

I did however spend 220 miles in my GT3 yesterday doing a PCA drive - it’s totally different.

I’m hoping some additional seat time in the GT350 will help remedy the concern or a modification.

I really appreciate the feedback, great group of enthusiasts here !
Hi Will - Glad you appreciate a little humor. Those are some dandy rides you have there.

One of my high school classmates and friend had an original 1965 Shelby GT350 (a little over $6G new) that he raced, with Watkins Glen being his home track. I had a couple of new Pontiac GTOs in the ‘60s and once you’ve had fun and powerful cars it stays in your blood forever. Last spring I sold a sibling to my ‘65 GTO and traded a Vette toward the Bullitt. I still prefer 3 pedal cars which was the only option with my Bullitt - love rowing through the gears. Enjoy, be safe and stay healthy… Bruce
Sponsored